Gravity and Laptops (Community)

Gravity and Laptops // Community

1  |

lbc

Jan 29, 2000, 11:32pm
Hello!

I've been around ActiveWorlds for a couple of years now, but recently
bought a laptop. I am at a loss when it comes to flying... since there
is no "numberpad" on the keyboard.

What do others do? People who have no numberpad on their keyboards, how
do you get around (up and down)?

Thanks

jeffrey w. tickle

Jan 30, 2000, 1:56am
Use your FN key and press: (on my laptop it is like this)

FN+P = fly down
FN+(semicolon) = fly up

[View Quote] > Hello!

> I've been around ActiveWorlds for a couple of years now, but recently
> bought a laptop. I am at a loss when it comes to flying... since there
> is no "numberpad" on the keyboard.
>
> What do others do? People who have no numberpad on their keyboards, how
> do you get around (up and down)?
>
> Thanks

John Viper (A.K.A.: Jeffrey W. Tickle)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~ticklejw/ (IE4+ req'd)
To make money JUST FOR USING YOUR COMPUTER...
http://www.getpaid4.com/?ticklejw

"Is that your final answer?" -Regis Philbin

lbc

Jan 30, 2000, 10:17am
Thanks very much Jeffrey.

It's not working for me, sad to say. :-( Fn key plus anything seems to do
nothing. I also tried it in combination with the numlock, the alt, the ctrol,
a few other keys. Nada, no reaction.

Maybe it's just the Thinkpad is different? I'm using a Thinkpad 770z. I also
have a Dell laptop at my office and will give that a try on Monday.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get a Numberpad.less laptop to defy
gravity?

Thanks again,
Lucia

[View Quote] > Use your FN key and press: (on my laptop it is like this)

> FN+P = fly down
> FN+(semicolon) = fly up

[View Quote]

jeffrey w. tickle

Jan 30, 2000, 3:58pm
Well if the laptop had a FN key, look at the keys on the right side of the
keyboard, and some of them should have blue numbers on them. That is your
number-pad. Look around it for blue + and blue -.

[View Quote] > Thanks very much Jeffrey.

> It's not working for me, sad to say. :-( Fn key plus anything seems to do
> nothing. I also tried it in combination with the numlock, the alt, the ctrol,
> a few other keys. Nada, no reaction.
>
> Maybe it's just the Thinkpad is different? I'm using a Thinkpad 770z. I also
> have a Dell laptop at my office and will give that a try on Monday.
>
> Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get a Numberpad.less laptop to defy
> gravity?
>
> Thanks again,
> Lucia

[View Quote] --
John Viper (A.K.A.: Jeffrey W. Tickle)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~ticklejw/ (IE4+ req'd)
To make money JUST FOR USING YOUR COMPUTER...
http://www.getpaid4.com/?ticklejw

"Is that your final answer?" -Regis Philbin

walter knupe

Jan 30, 2000, 3:58pm
Any laptop has a FN-Key combination to emulate a numpad. Usually you can tell which keys
in combination with FN to press to have the numpad results by very closely examining the
keyboard. You might make out a numpad alike numbering :)

Hope it helps,

Walter aka Faber