Oldtimers - come forward:o) (General Discussion)

Oldtimers - come forward:o) // General Discussion

1  |

kellee.

Dec 12, 2003, 3:59am
i am reluctant to admit myself to the hallowed halls of the "Oldtimers" but
perhaps i stand on the threshold...just.

Are there any left? Lara... i know YOU are out there somewhere :o)) AW would
be finished if you were not around

Stand up for sound off.................come on guys.......please.....

elyk

Dec 12, 2003, 5:33am
Are there any left? Lara... i know YOU are out there somewhere :o)) AW would
be finished if you were not around

Aint that the truth! :))

[View Quote]

m0e

Dec 12, 2003, 1:02pm
what # is the cut-off point for 'oldtimers'?

[View Quote] >i am reluctant to admit myself to the hallowed halls of the "Oldtimers" but
>perhaps i stand on the threshold...just.
>
>Are there any left? Lara... i know YOU are out there somewhere :o)) AW would
>be finished if you were not around
>
>Stand up for sound off.................come on guys.......please.....

miksam

Dec 12, 2003, 5:06pm
MIKsam 57272 Sounding Off !!!....

Cit for many years and a Retired PK Core Member, and soon to let my account expire..... (Dec16)
I know many special ppl in AW and I thank each of them for allowing me to count them as 'friends'
I have always read the NGs but very very seldom respond to anything...
Thanks Kellee for giving me an opening to wish everyone in AW "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

[View Quote] Pssssttt, E N Z O how about you use those nice little universe root cit
rights and help keep someone who has been one of the pillars of the
community in Active Worlds stay here as long as she likes ;) I dare say
everyone agree's she has earned it.

- MR

m0e

Dec 12, 2003, 9:47pm
bummer mik!!! had thought you would outlast me here :-(

I got the 'register' button this morning, the first I have ever seen,
and to tell you the truth, it caused me to start thinking about if I
will renew.

m0e
120717

[View Quote] >MIKsam 57272 Sounding Off !!!....

>Cit for many years and a Retired PK Core Member, and soon to let my account expire..... (Dec16)
>I know many special ppl in AW and I thank each of them for allowing me to count them as 'friends'
>I have always read the NGs but very very seldom respond to anything...
>Thanks Kellee for giving me an opening to wish everyone in AW "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

[View Quote]

ry

Dec 13, 2003, 7:42am
Sorry to see you go, MikSam. :(

--

Ry
Citizen#: 323710

ok, im not really an old timer but, heh, me too ^_^ aw doesnt seem that fun
anymore, have cits in AW-Europe and SpiralMatrix and a there.com membership,
and at the moment, they seem alot more fun then AW. nothing to do there
anymore really, its like been there, done that, now to move on to new places
and people :) aa well, 26 more days for me to figure things out.

-SWE

[View Quote]

byte me

Dec 14, 2003, 3:51am
Does 7 years of AW in a month count me as old? :P

[View Quote]

roadkill

Dec 14, 2003, 10:06pm
Does 6 years of AW in half a month count me as old? :P

[View Quote]

legolas -

Dec 15, 2003, 7:36pm
Does 4 years count me as old? :P

"roadkill" <chunkylover53 at aol.com> wrote in
news:3fdcfaf7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Does 6 years of AW in half a month count me as old? :P

[View Quote]

orb

Dec 16, 2003, 11:40pm
6 years

alphabit phalpha

Dec 16, 2003, 11:53pm
6 Years and 3 months...lol
I'm old...but does that also make me a old timer??????....:)

[View Quote]

kellee.

Dec 17, 2003, 3:32am
An Old Timer is just that....someone thats been a part of AW for long enough
that AW isnt the same without them.....MIKsam is a Prime example :o((

[View Quote]

sweets

Dec 17, 2003, 7:22am
Total time online: 560 days 23 hours 15 minutes and 43 seconds in this
account, cannot remember how long as tourist but can remember (barely) there
not being tourists or cits at one time - do I qualify? LMAO
sweets

builderz

Dec 17, 2003, 10:41pm
I hope I count as an "oldtimer." :) My citizen number is 92986 and I've
been here since late 1995, but didn't officially "register" until Aug
15, 1996 (I went by a different name back then). Although, my total time
online is only about 40 days, according to the AWB.

I forget exactly how I first heard of AW, but I think it was mentioned
long ago on an old computer-related TV show. As for my username
Builderz, I think I originally tried Builder (since I enjoyed building
at the time), but it was already taken. So I simply added a 'z' at the
end of it (can't remember why I did) and that was that. I used to build
a lot in the past, but nowadays I mainly focus on providing AW hosting
(see my link near the bottom of the post for more on that).

I could go on and on about stories back from my "hey day" in AW, but
I'll just point out a few interesting/funny things:

1. When COF was in the process of "acquiring" Worlds, Inc., certain
things were delayed due to the transition. I had a trial world at the
time and got an extra two months out of it due to the change of hands,
which I thought was pretty cool.

2. Protagonist (one of the main people behind AW) visited my trial world
once. We chatted for about five minutes and I still have screenshots
of it somewhere. While it may not seem like much now, I was thrilled at
the time.

3. I e-mailed Roland (who is now at Maxis I think) about a world server
problem and helped him fix an issue with the uniserver and world servers
running on high port numbers. I think this was before the beta program
existed.

4. One of the first things I did (after honing my building skills) was
to discover the Wildwest world. For those that don't know, almost every
user there gets a ton of rights (build, ED, etc). But back then, I just
assumed someone had forgotten about their world, misconfigured it, and
decided to use it to build in.

So myself and a few good friends spent an entire week building a large
underground city there -- only to find out after the fact that everyone
else had the same rights as us! So someone came in, found it, and
deleted 75% of the city (wrecking the entire project). That was one of
classic AW mistakes. :)

5. I went on a real life date with someone I met in AW from another
state. We broke off the relationship a few months later, but I never
would have imagined I would end up going on a date with another AW user
when I first started using the program. :)

6. Last (but not least) I remember all of the great parties in AW by so
many talented people (take Just In and OneSummer, for example). Whoever
says that they are bored in AW obviously hasn't found the right places
to hang out yet. I remember attending some "virtual parties" until my
eyes were bloodshot and I couldn't read the scrolling chat text anymore.

Okay, I think I might have gone on a tangent just a bit. ;) Any other
"AW oldtimers" care to jump in?

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote] > i am reluctant to admit myself to the hallowed halls of the "Oldtimers" but
> perhaps i stand on the threshold...just.
>
> Are there any left? Lara... i know YOU are out there somewhere :o)) AW would
> be finished if you were not around
>
> Stand up for sound off.................come on guys.......please.....

rossyboy

Dec 19, 2003, 12:44am
WOAAAAH! And I thought my 180 days was a lot!!!

[View Quote] > Total time online: 560 days 23 hours 15 minutes and 43 seconds in this
> account, cannot remember how long as tourist but can remember (barely) there
> not being tourists or cits at one time - do I qualify? LMAO
> sweets

sweets

Dec 19, 2003, 1:19am
heh and my number is only 318814 LOL addicted, who me?
sweets