d1rTciTy (General Discussion)

d1rTciTy // General Discussion

1  |

lady nighthawk

Nov 17, 2003, 8:44pm
I don't see anything in the *worlds* tab by that name, nor did you leave a
link if it's a webpage ... how does one *go visit*??? Perhaps make the IM
message a clickable URL so it takes you to that world or webpage???

LNH

Perhaps... they could turn it on? :)

- MR

[View Quote]

linn ironhead@digitalpassage(dot)com

Nov 17, 2003, 10:28pm
LOL

"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3fb94f33 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I don't see anything in the *worlds* tab by that name, nor did you
> leave a link if it's a webpage ... how does one *go visit*??? Perhaps
> make the IM message a clickable URL so it takes you to that world or
> webpage???

Isn't it just "dirtcity"? If it doesn't show in the list you could always
^
try using the teleport box, they might've hidden it and forgotten to show
it again.

KAH

binarybud

Nov 18, 2003, 4:39pm
It's AWI and there infinite wisdom .....they, for some reason, think that "leet talk" is cool......sheeesh in the universe message they have "d1rTciTy" why they would use a number one(1) instead of a letter "i" is beyond me and only further confuses new users...enough with the "cool" things and use your heads AWI. YES make it a link so people do not have to "hunt" for something you WANT them to see.

http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?dirtcity

Leo :)

ps; ENZO, this is one of those "dark worlds" I mentioned before why so dark? add some light and happiness to the feel.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Nov 18, 2003, 4:53pm
aaahhhh yes you caught this too KAH although your "caret" was not below the "i" on my sysetm....lol dang proportional spacing...:)

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Nov 18, 2003, 5:50pm
He Strike you know what a Pixel brightener is?

It says its been changed the few dates it disappeared from sight

[View Quote]

db digital

Nov 18, 2003, 6:50pm
Well, it is visible in the list now. However it is closed, and it has not
been open since the universe message advertising it came on (nor was it open
for awhile before that, I assume they were working on it). Hmm perhaps they
turned up the pixel brightness too much and blew a fuse? LOL

-DB

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Nov 18, 2003, 10:26pm
I don't think d1rTciTy and DirtCity are the same, well they are the same but
DirtCity is the real mackoy and closed to the public while d1rTciTy (as I
understand it) was suppose to be a duplicate world for us to all go see
since DirtCity is closed for now. However, d1rTciTy does not show up on the
worlds tab.

LNH

[View Quote]

binarybud

Nov 18, 2003, 11:12pm
wow adding another layer to MY confusion.....oh well....nevermind....

LOL

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Nov 19, 2003, 3:20am
i was in DirtCity on one of the days durring the week the new Matrix sequal
came out (like a few days befor or after.. cant remember.).. i think the
welcome message still said d1rTciTy durring that time.. so far i was able to
go into DirtCity every day or so untill the day they added that Pixel
Brighters to the uni message.

[View Quote]

andras

Nov 19, 2003, 6:11am
[View Quote] d1rtcity was never run on AW - according to my world monitor bot. (Yes - I can be wrong, because that bot was off a few times for a few hours:)
Note that the bot can see the world even if it is hidden.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3fba6a9b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> aaahhhh yes you caught this too KAH although your "caret" was
> not below the "i" on my sysetm....lol dang proportional spacing...:)

Yeah, it only looks right with fixed sized fonts heh.

"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3fbab8a4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I don't think d1rTciTy and DirtCity are the same, well they are the
> same but DirtCity is the real mackoy and closed to the public while
> d1rTciTy (as I understand it) was suppose to be a duplicate world for
> us to all go see since DirtCity is closed for now. However, d1rTciTy
> does not show up on the worlds tab.

I was in dirtcity last week sometime. It's an okay looking world, just too
bad they violate a whole bunch of copyrights and trademarks (The Matrix,
Max Payne and some others I forgot).