Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine (General Discussion)

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine // General Discussion

1  |

crazy pills

Oct 2, 2003, 11:45pm
The owner and residents of the Spiral Matrix universe would like to invite
everyone from the other universes to take the Halloween Challenge.

The challenge is to collect more pumpkins then anyone else. The pumpkin
challenge will be held in the world Imagine. Citizens and tourists are
welcome to collect pumpkins. Who ever collects the most pumpkins wins. If a
Citizen wins, the prize is a free world for one year. If a tourist wins, the
prize is a free citizen number for one year.

While in the Spiral Matrix universe we hope that you will take the time to
visit some of the other worlds that are being built there. Spiral Matrix is
a pretty nice place to visit and we hope to see many of you there for the
Pumpkin Hunt.

http://www.spiralmatrix.com/

Have a Haunting Halloween

Imagine

The date is October 30 at 10:00 AM Pacific time and ending halloween(31) at
11:00 PM

john

Oct 3, 2003, 10:20am
owwie I better get well & then on with the gypsy bot then >_<

~John

"crazy pills" <chris101d at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3f7cd4cf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

><<snipped spam>>

We don't care about Spiral Matrix, please post your advertising somewhere
else. Thanks.

KAH

r i c h a r d

Oct 3, 2003, 2:00pm
Err didn't u hear about what echo said on the last post about SM..... dont
do it here this is aw...

r i c h a r d

Oct 3, 2003, 2:03pm
And since when have u been the publicity officer

john

Oct 3, 2003, 2:06pm
Off wiv his head!

~John

[View Quote]

joeman

Oct 3, 2003, 3:20pm
Stop speaking horribly bastardized English please. Just because you're from
England doesn't give you the right to give me a headache every day trying to
read your crap.

-Joe

[View Quote]

john

Oct 3, 2003, 3:55pm
OFF WITH HIS HEAD then - >_<

Don't u agree?

~John

[View Quote]

crazy pills

Oct 3, 2003, 4:36pm
Lol also last tijme if none of you recal lwe agreed unis are a product of
aw, so thereofre on the aw ngs, they fit fine, and they work, and if you
havnt noticed spiral matrix is not a seperate source code, its just a uni,
bought from aw, and these are the AW newsgroups, not the awi uni server ngs
[View Quote]

john

Oct 3, 2003, 5:05pm
Err Echomencer, who posts things for SMADMIN/does things in AW for him, said
that one more post and hes calling AW to have it removed... perhaps you
missed that?

~John

[View Quote]

count dracula

Oct 3, 2003, 5:25pm
john <johnf at 3d-reality.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f7dc86c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Err Echomencer, who posts things for SMADMIN/does things in AW for him,
said
> that one more post and hes calling AW to have it removed... perhaps you
> missed that?
>
> ~John

I belive this place ( community) is the right place to inform of what is
happening in ones universe/galaxy. When one buy an universe it says that NG
support is included. I doubt AWI has a separate news server for each
universe?

Of course uf anyone post in the wrong category, it is normal to get flamed,
but people from Spiral Matrix should not be bashed because they are from SM,
but simple because of off-topic post. One could compare it to if a negro
walks towards red light; one cannot yell at him because he is black, but
simply because he is doing a wrong thing.

I have also been informed that when you buy a galaxy/universe, it do not
include a citizenship in AW. Demand one! Since NG support is included; how
the heck do one post here without a citizenship?

Drac

john

Oct 3, 2003, 5:35pm
I'm from SM :-P

~John

[View Quote]

themask

Oct 4, 2003, 4:20am
Same.

anduin

Oct 4, 2003, 6:43am
On 2 Oct 2003 21:45:51 -0400, "crazy pills" <chris101d at comcast.net> attempted to scribe the following words:

>The owner and residents of the Spiral Matrix universe would like to invite
>everyone from the other universes to take the Halloween Challenge.

<snip>

Hello,

I'd like to add something to this about the argument people have with posting about other universes.

Well, considering only 'AW' citizens have access to the newsgroups and citizens from 'other' universes cannot post here, what is the point of posting advertisements about other universes here?

Newsgroup support when you're an owner of a universe does not mean newsgroup advertising, simply support. Meaning that you can ask questions to the general user base and hopefully get your problems resolved.

Sincerely,
Anduin

--
- Free webhosting, e-mail addresses, chat and much more at http://www.DreamCities.net
- Professional hosting and POP3 emails also available. Check link above!

count dracula

Oct 4, 2003, 11:11am
anduin <anduin at dreamcities.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:f71tnvkrgg7vpjt0nfgrsd1u8g6p1lbddm at 4ax.com...
> On 2 Oct 2003 21:45:51 -0400, "crazy pills" <chris101d at comcast.net>
attempted to scribe the following words:

invite

> <snip>
>
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to add something to this about the argument people have with
posting about other universes.

> Well, considering only 'AW' citizens have access to the newsgroups and
citizens from 'other' universes cannot post here, what is the point of
posting advertisements about other universes here?

> Newsgroup support when you're an owner of a universe does not mean
newsgroup advertising, simply support. Meaning that you can ask questions to
the general user base and hopefully get your problems resolved.

I think support include much more than just raw technical questions. I am
not pro spam, but if someone is asking for support, in a form of
participation in an event, it should not be forbidden; especailly in the
general.discussion.

The fact that AW states that NG supposrt is included in purchase of universe
should mean AWI gives a citizenship to whomever buy an universe or a galaxy.
I do not see anything bad with someone informing about ones universe or some
big event there, it will of course get irritating if it becomes spamming or
posting in wrong news groups.

Drac

> Sincerely,
> Anduin
>
> --
> - Free webhosting, e-mail addresses, chat and much more at
http://www.DreamCities.net
> - Professional hosting and POP3 emails also available. Check link above!

"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
news:3f7dcd34$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I belive this place ( community) is the right place to inform of what
> is happening in ones universe/galaxy. When one buy an universe it says
> that NG support is included. I doubt AWI has a separate news server
> for each universe?

support != advertising

This is advertising/SPAM. This is the *AW* community NG, and is the right
place to inform about what is happening in AW, not in some other universe.

> Of course uf anyone post in the wrong category, it is normal to get
> flamed, but people from Spiral Matrix should not be bashed because
> they are from SM, but simple because of off-topic post. One could
> compare it to if a negro walks towards red light; one cannot yell at
> him because he is black, but simply because he is doing a wrong thing.

Nobody is being bashed for being from SM. I couldn't care less what
universes they use, they're being off-topic, and actually advertising a
commercial product.

> I have also been informed that when you buy a galaxy/universe, it do
> not include a citizenship in AW. Demand one! Since NG support is
> included; how the heck do one post here without a citizenship?

I'm sure that people that can afford universes or galaxies, costing
thousands of dollars, also can afford to buy a cit...

In any case, the owner of Spiral Matrix posted in the NGs saying he did not
wish anyone to post about SM.

KAH

imagine

Oct 4, 2003, 1:27pm
The text in the original post in this thread was not meant as spam. The text
was given to Crazy Pills by me to post here. It was meant to be a polite
invitation to vitit me in my world in Spiral Matrix and have a bit of fun
doing a Halloween pumpkin hunt on Halloween, nothing more. I purposly did
not include any comments about buying cits or worlds. I did invite people to
take a look around. It's kind of like inviteing some one to your home for a
party and inviteing them to check out your house.

I have been a part of AW for years and I have a cit both here and in SM. I
have friends in AW who don't mind going between universes to visit. This
invitation is for them and anyone else who dosn't mind going between
universes. Any one who dosn't like it dosn't have to come, but you are also
welcome.

I really think that the poeple who are haveing a problem with them is over
reacting to a simple invitation to a halloween event.

Imagine

[View Quote]

count dracula

Oct 4, 2003, 3:16pm
kah <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:Xns940A9E9F29588kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
> news:3f7dcd34$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> support != advertising

I guess we could argue the difference between informating and advertising
forever. I did not actually see any "special offers" or them trying to sell
anything in the original post.

> This is advertising/SPAM. This is the *AW* community NG, and is the right
> place to inform about what is happening in AW, not in some other universe.

I am not so sure about that. I belive it is not wrong to inform about events
in places using the activeworlds software. It would be different to post
about adobe, icq or balxxuun event in the community; in the general
discussion it would be ok tho.

> Nobody is being bashed for being from SM. I couldn't care less what
> universes they use, they're being off-topic, and actually advertising a
> commercial product.

I did not actually see them trying to sell anything. AW is also a commercial
product, so I guess we cannot tell about events withing AW universe either
then?
Can one just not ignore posts one is not interested in? The header told
what it was about, so should not have been such a big surprise.

> I'm sure that people that can afford universes or galaxies, costing
> thousands of dollars, also can afford to buy a cit...

Yes I could kill my neighbour also, but I do not do it. It is not a question
about what one can or not , it is a question about principes.

> In any case, the owner of Spiral Matrix posted in the NGs saying he did
not
> wish anyone to post about SM.

Then I will never buy a world there, if I am not allowed to tell anyone
about it

> KAH

Drac

anduin

Oct 4, 2003, 9:46pm
On 4 Oct 2003 09:11:05 -0400, "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> attempted to scribe the following words:

<snip>
>I think support include much more than just raw technical questions. I am
>not pro spam, but if someone is asking for support, in a form of
>participation in an event, it should not be forbidden; especailly in the
>general.discussion.
<snip>

This was cross posted in both community and general.discussion.

Those of us who do not have cits in 'Spiral Matrix' cannot participate in this halloween event to win.

What happened to the good old hunts here in Active Worlds btw?

Sincerely,
Anduin

--
- Free webhosting, e-mail addresses, chat and much more at http://www.DreamCities.net
- Professional hosting and POP3 emails also available. Check link above!

andras

Oct 4, 2003, 10:55pm
[View Quote] <snip>

> Those of us who do not have cits in 'Spiral Matrix' cannot participate in this halloween event to win.

It can happen that the world will be open for tourists :)

> What happened to the good old hunts here in Active Worlds btw?

Still there. Our (Storage's) next one will be around XMas. Watch for my spamming later :)

> Sincerely,
> Anduin

See you at the hunts,

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

imagine

imagine

Oct 4, 2003, 11:11pm
Sorry about the empty post.

If you read the invitation closer, or at all, it states in the invitation
that if a tourist wins the pumpkin hunt they win a Cit.

Tourists are welcome in SM and in Imagine world. Tourists are also welcome
to take part in the event :) So, not cit needed to participate.

Imagine

[View Quote]

echomencer

Oct 5, 2003, 12:46am
I would Like to point out in all the confusion and general moaning, that I
am not the owner of said universe I am a friend of the owner who happens to
be a member of AW and said universe.

First off, I asked that people from said universe did not come on here and
a) post in the wrong NG as its really annoying to anyone to find such posts,
secondly that if they did post not to go raving on about prices in a blatant
sales pitch to people as in my opinion its unfair.

People are more than welcome to say about events in there worlds in said
universe on here in the correct NG's as all worlds there that are public are
tourist enabled and tourist access is free to all (even the people who are
stuck up there own ......, but don't expect a warm welcome if you are one
of those people).

I'm sure the owner of said universe would come in here but even tho he got
NG support he was not furnished with a citizenship in order to access it. As
the price here is a reasonable sum per year for anyone he does not plan to
get one out of his own pocket on top of what he has all ready paid out.

I hope that clears a few matters up, I'm sure the wingers will keep on
winging while everyone just reads this and gets on with there lives so boo
sucks to you Mr winger ;)

Echo.

PS. for all anti 'Said Universe' Said Universe=Said Universe. , for all open
minded people of the planet earth Said Universe = SpiralMatrix.

Just my bit of fun ;)

"imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> wrote in
news:3f7ee6cc at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The text in the original post in this thread was not meant as spam.
> The text was given to Crazy Pills by me to post here. It was meant to
> be a polite invitation to vitit me in my world in Spiral Matrix and
> have a bit of fun doing a Halloween pumpkin hunt on Halloween, nothing
> more. I purposly did not include any comments about buying cits or
> worlds. I did invite people to take a look around. It's kind of like
> inviteing some one to your home for a party and inviteing them to
> check out your house.
>
> I have been a part of AW for years and I have a cit both here and in
> SM. I have friends in AW who don't mind going between universes to
> visit. This invitation is for them and anyone else who dosn't mind
> going between universes. Any one who dosn't like it dosn't have to
> come, but you are also welcome.
>
> I really think that the poeple who are haveing a problem with them is
> over reacting to a simple invitation to a halloween event.

I don't mind going between universes, but I do mind people I don't know
telling me to go to another universe, completely unsolicited. In my book
that's advertising, and as it's unsolicited, SPAM.

You don't try to sell any product, but you still ask people to use a
product different from the one these newsgroups are about.

Why don't you invite your friends by telegram or mail, and post about the
event on SM-related forums? It would be much nicer of you.

KAH

count dracula

Oct 5, 2003, 1:17pm
kah <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:Xns940B8454BB1ECkahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> "imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> wrote in

> I don't mind going between universes, but I do mind people I don't know
> telling me to go to another universe, completely unsolicited. In my book
> that's advertising, and as it's unsolicited, SPAM.

For gods sake, dont go then, no big deal LOL
Many times I see ppl telling about events that I am not interested in, I
simply choose not go. It is not like anyone is forcing you to go. I doubt
Imagine tried to rip you away from AWTeen (?) and force you to go to SM, not
to mention that anyone forced you to become a citizen there.

> You don't try to sell any product, but you still ask people to use a
> product different from the one these newsgroups are about.

No, same product. One line in an ini file do not make it a totally different
product. You would not even need to download a new browser you could simply
edit the ini file if that made you feel better. I know Calpantera tried to
ban me for doing this, but I guess it was proven that it was not illegal,
but even suggested by AWI themselves on their help pages.

> Why don't you invite your friends by telegram or mail, and post about the
> event on SM-related forums? It would be much nicer of you.

I am sure she will invite you separately by e-mail, and telegrams next time.
This was posted in a SM related forum tho. I consider this to be a
AW,DLP,OW,CNW etc related forum; as long as someone use the activeworlds
software.

Maybe you KAH just should stop reading the news , if one post piss you off
this much. A normal person would have seen in the header that this is about
SM, and if not interested simple ignored it. Nevertheless, although you knew
what was in it, you had to read it, and not even stop there, but start to
whine about it. I bet you have spent much more time whining about it that it
took to read it.
For your own good I hope you will never start to read any busy newsgroup, if
you have to analyze ever single post and compare all to your sense of right
or wrong. I can imagine KAH "reading" the nesgroup
alt.binaries.pictures.autos; someone post a picture of a Velorex, and KAH
has to start analyze that although it is 4 wheeled, it was registered as a
motorcycle; so stop spamming the group with off topic pictures. And god save
us from the day someone post a picture of a Reliant Robin, which one could
drive with a motorcycle license in UK, but needed a car license for it in
Sweden.....

> KAH

"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
news:3f803620 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> For gods sake, dont go then, no big deal LOL
> Many times I see ppl telling about events that I am not interested in,
> I simply choose not go. It is not like anyone is forcing you to go. I
> doubt Imagine tried to rip you away from AWTeen (?) and force you to
> go to SM, not to mention that anyone forced you to become a citizen
> there.

The point is not wether I want to go or not, it's the way this was
advertised. It's off-topic. SM uses the AW technology, but this does NOT
mean the AW-universe community newsgroup is the right place to post about
SM community happenings. In my eyes this was advertising, although I
guess the level of advertising could be discussed. Wether it was off-
topic or not, though, seems pretty clear to me.

> No, same product. One line in an ini file do not make it a totally
> different product. You would not even need to download a new browser
> you could simply edit the ini file if that made you feel better. I
> know Calpantera tried to ban me for doing this, but I guess it was
> proven that it was not illegal, but even suggested by AWI themselves
> on their help pages.

It uses the same technology, but it's not the same product. You have to
think a bit differently when it comes to this; what is really the
"product" in AW? It's really a number of things, including the community
you get access to (IMHO). Sure, the software is pretty independent of the
actual universe, even completely compatible; you do not access the same
product if you change universe server, though.

> I am sure she will invite you separately by e-mail, and telegrams next
> time. This was posted in a SM related forum tho. I consider this to be
> a AW,DLP,OW,CNW etc related forum; as long as someone use the
> activeworlds software.

This is a forum related to AW, as in the Active Worlds universe, not the
Active Worlds technology. It doesn't take a great sense of logic to
understand that given that you need to be an AW citizen to gain posting
rights.

> Maybe you KAH just should stop reading the news , if one post piss you
> off this much. A normal person would have seen in the header that this
> is about SM, and if not interested simple ignored it. Nevertheless,
> although you knew what was in it, you had to read it, and not even
> stop there, but start to whine about it. I bet you have spent much
> more time whining about it that it took to read it.

It doesn't piss me off, it just annoys me, so I thought I would like to
point it out. My original reply took me a few seconds to write.
Unfortunately, some people that thought it was okay for users from other
universes to come in here and advertise their events, so I started
argumenting my position.

> For your own good I hope you will never start to read any busy
> newsgroup, if
> you have to analyze ever single post and compare all to your sense of
> right
> or wrong. I can imagine KAH "reading" the nesgroup
> alt.binaries.pictures.autos; someone post a picture of a Velorex, and
> KAH has to start analyze that although it is 4 wheeled, it was
> registered as a motorcycle; so stop spamming the group with off topic
> pictures. And god save us from the day someone post a picture of a
> Reliant Robin, which one could drive with a motorcycle license in UK,
> but needed a car license for it in Sweden.....

I do actually read busy newsgroups on USENET. I don't "analyze ever[y]
single post and compare all [posts] to my sense of right or wrong". If
someone did post a picture of a motorcycle in a car picture group, I
might reply stating it was off-topic and referring the poster to an MC
related group. Don't count on it though, the USENET trolls would probably
have devoured the person long before I got to read the article...

KAH

andras

Oct 6, 2003, 5:38pm
[View Quote] --