COMMUNITY WARNING (General Discussion)

COMMUNITY WARNING // General Discussion

1  2  3  4  |

mrbruce

Sep 12, 2003, 3:00am
Be advised your OP passwords are at risk, details are sketchy.... unclear,
but I am warning you all your OP passwords have been sacrified. I would
rather not reveal my sources of information or point fingers till more
evidence is reviewed or reveal what I know about how it was done, but heed
my warning change your OP passwords ASAP.
If you all think this is posted as a hoax guess again, most you probably
already know A!!CT's OP password because it has been spread thru-out AWTeen
and our password had the maxium charicters allowed so if our OP Password was
cracked so was most in AW.
Please warn everyone!!!
MrBruce

mrbruce

Sep 12, 2003, 5:25am
One last thing, I think AW should also hide the password of Object paths to
everyone but those who have CT rights. At present I can go to any world and
see the exact number of ***** in a password. I can also tell you most OP
passwords I've seen, consist of 5 characters (very easy to crack when the
cracker knows how many characters to start with). Whats worse is a program
that can change all those ********* to their actual letters and
charactersand they are out there and are a risk with the way AW displays the
*'s to everyone who goes to any world and views the world's features dialog.
As much as you people hate me here in AW, this time you have to stop and
listen and realize some people are also using AW proxies and newer versions
of AWHack!
MrBruce

john

Sep 12, 2003, 9:10am
Mr B thats a dumb idea: if the pw wasn't sent to the client then the
objects couldn't be decrypted.

Another thing to note: The **s are DOUBLE MASKED so Password Unmaskers
don't work on it.

~John

[View Quote]

tag sva

Sep 12, 2003, 10:19am
you can use a password unmasker to unmask
the login password and the privy password as
they are held locally on the PC,
but the OP password is not held locally and cannot
be unmasked the same way.

weyoun

Sep 12, 2003, 10:51am
STFU n00b loser.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 11:38am
Stuff it John...listen what Mr Bruce has suggested is an excellent idea and should be heeded.... Fact is changing your password should be a regular thing. By you posting this statement shows that your only in this NG to argue with Mr. Bruce. You do not have OUR best interest at heart, soooooo, I say STUFF your remarks where the sun don't shine and just blow off if you have nothing to say to help people.

Leo :)

"mrbruce" <a1ctworld at aol.com> wrote in
news:3f6152e9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Be advised your OP passwords are at risk, details are sketchy....
> unclear, but I am warning you all your OP passwords have been
> sacrified. I would rather not reveal my sources of information or
> point fingers till more evidence is reviewed or reveal what I know
> about how it was done, but heed my warning change your OP passwords
> ASAP. If you all think this is posted as a hoax guess again, most you
> probably already know A!!CT's OP password because it has been spread
> thru-out AWTeen and our password had the maxium charicters allowed so
> if our OP Password was cracked so was most in AW.

Old news, nothing to get excited over. Lenght won't matter the least
either. They most likely got your OP PW by decrypting the AW protocol, and
of course the OP PW has to be sent to the browser when it enters a world.
There's nothing that can be done about it, so just don't worry about it. If
you see someone stealing your objects / leeching your OP, tell them to
stop. If they don't, contact AWI abuse.

KAH

john

Sep 12, 2003, 12:45pm
Are you on drugs?

I was simply first stating that the pw HAS to be sent to the client so the
objects can be unzipped.

Secondly I stated that Password Unmaskers don't work!!!

I was saying nothng against anything else. I have nothing against Mr B, I
believe, although I dislike A!!CT, that he does something good to help the
community.

~John

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 12:49pm
NO! i don't do drugs, and WE could care less that you dislike A!!CT. and I was simply stating that the advice Mr Bruce gave was good and sound advice and did not need to have you interject and make an show of his posting... It's NOT a "dumb idea" as you stated.

Leo :)

[View Quote] Do you seriously have issues? He said he >>>>>_____DOESN'T____<<<<
dislike Bruce's world. For once and for all, stop attacking people who
disagree with you.

For christ's sake, how many times have we gone through something like
this with Bruce? It is a good idea to rotate passwords, yes, no denying
that, but he is not wrong. He's not making a show, he's not
ejaculating, as you old-timers would call it, with advice of a minor and
someone who hasn't been there.

Firstly, you attack him; he simply claimed it was a dumb idea then you
come out of the blue and tell him to stuff it where the sun don't shine,
yadda yadda yadda. He was trying to save people time for something so
frivilous -- yeah some 1337 h4x0r got some passwords... woodefreaking
do. People, this is a god damn game.

And oh dear god, I should be shocked if you don't turn this freaking
attack boat around on me. At least I deserve it, John didn't. He has
ALL THE FREAKING right in the world to express his opinion, just like
you. So get off your freaking high boat and respect other's opinions if
you want yours to be respected. You are >>>>____NOT____<<<< better than
him, or anyone for any reason you diabetic twit. Yeah, it hurts to be
picked on doesn't it? Hits that little pit of your stomic someone hates
you so much that they'd use your disability against you, huh? Or, you
can just lie like you always do and say things I say don't phase you.
Sticks and stones, you know? Deep inside it really does, just a public
front... everyone knows that's true, I know it's true, you know it's true.

Oh go cry me a freaking river, boo hoo... you attack him, I attack
you... I have no life -- I don't care. See the thing is, I did this
because I felt it right to defend him, you did what you did because you
felt it right to put him down. You're always claiming that's my or
KAH's mission or whoever else... but seriously, look at some of the
things you do. It may look like that's what I'm doing but I'm really
actually helping. But, to you, as long as you're not doing the helping
and it's against your opinion it's always wrong and stupid, and the
person is bad. Look at what happened in this thread alone. But that
shouldn't surprise anyone with the way you take a personal vendetta to
people who don't agree with you.

"Kids" without "knowledge", like you actually have any knoweledge
yourself. You're actually believing _heresay_, what kind of knowledge
is that? Come on, if you can attack us... why can't we attack you...
what possible reason is there for you to claim immunity from such acts?
We're kid's right? Well... unfortunately in your case we know an
awefully lot more about subjects than you do. We may be 5,10,20,30
years younger than you... but "children" is applied to people under
10... and like you always claim... you don't know anything about us,
what we look like, our hair color, how fat we are... etc.

I'm sure ENZO will chime in once you complain. Because he only does
action against things that don't require him to do actual work... but
enough personal attacks on ENZO -- this isn't his fault for the attacks
that have occured in the previous two posts, by you, and me, here. As
much as I loathe his inaction sometimes... maybe he'll actually delete
this thread because of me. And that would be a good thing because yours
would be gone too.

But, I guess you can go back on your routine to calling me a kid who
doesn't know anything. I'll think things through, you'll just do what
you do when you can't do anything... like a bee that stings people.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

ok, its quite obvious john misnderstood mrbruce. so instead of acting like
an idiot, why not try explaining it to him?
ok, john, what mrbruce ment was, you know when you goto the world options
and you dont have ct in the world, you can still see the masked password,
and so you can tell how many characters are in the password. this has
nothing to do with the unzipping of the models and stuff.

-SWE

[View Quote] No, this has changed. You can no longer tell the length of the
password, it's encrypted and has been for a long time.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 1:33pm
FACT is changing passwords often is a good thing....period. no matter what you kids think.
LOL

Leo :)

Get off my back bowen. I don't remember asking what you think of me and i don;'t remember caring a damn bit either..:)

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 1:43pm
OK, SWE. I'm calling you on this.....I want you to explain yourself....how am I "acting like an idiot"? Come on motor mouth....Let us all know about your feelings toward authority figures.

Leo :)

Hell even Bowen misunderstood your last post....LOL

[View Quote] Congratulations idiot, you've failed to read both post by John and
myself. We both acknowledge that it's a good thing, but relying on
heresay that doesn't say _ANYTHING_ is just as bad as sticking a turkey
up your ass because Bruce said it'll stop heart disease.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 1:53pm
ok Bowen, I'm calling your motor mouth too, show me please the post where John "acknowledges" anything about password changing. Right....spew on doughboy.

[View Quote] The same way you can't show me where he said it is stupid to not
repassword things. Show me where he said "Repasswording things is not a
safe practice."

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 2:00pm
sheeesh your are blind, as well as bullheaded. "Mr B thats a dumb idea: " first post, first sentence. It's NOT a "dumb idea"

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 2:00pm
your turn Bowen :)

[View Quote] It's a dumb idea to give a community warning about passwords with no
proof. That's basically what he's saying.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

john

Sep 12, 2003, 2:08pm
I did say i didn't like A!!CT but I also said I thought Mr B was doing a
good thing for the community.

Mr B's idea is dumb when the encryption is always being cracked

~John

[View Quote]

john

Sep 12, 2003, 2:10pm
Thats wrong, but while AW Encryption is being cracked, no passwords are
really safe. As long as passwords are sent to the client they are _NOT_
safe.

~John

[View Quote]

linn ironhead@digitalpassage(dot)com

Sep 12, 2003, 2:12pm
now WHO is here just to argue LMAO good lil soldier you are bud

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 2:16pm
oh yes of course Bowen.

[View Quote] MrBruce claims stuffing a turkey up your rear end cures diabetes too.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

john

Sep 12, 2003, 2:18pm
Oww sounds painful

~John

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2003, 2:18pm
FACT is John, changing your password often is NOT DUMB so quit implying it is PLEASE.
EXAMPLE: if they crack your password every 30 seconds and you replace it every 29 seconds guess what? your safe...:)

[View Quote] Question, if they have the encryption method, how is changing your
password going to help?

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

john

Sep 12, 2003, 2:21pm
I wasn't saying changing your password often is done? Ur on drugs, just not
admitting 2 it.

~John

[View Quote]

john

Sep 12, 2003, 2:22pm
Ya its like joeman was in my world in spiral matrix and put op pw (for 1 sec
b4 changing it back - just in world features) "such'n'such is growin crack
cocaine" & he said that he was gonna tell the police but not before he got
it... how does changing ur pw help then?

~John

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  |