This is for you, community (General Discussion)

This is for you, community // General Discussion

I'm looking for objects to be selected, by me, to be placed on the
megapath. Note, I am only going to select objects with an RWX extension
and are low poly, no huge 20,000 polygon objects please.

All candidates that wish me to select their objects must provide me a
webpage with a list of objects (organized by top being the most wanted,
bottom being least), pictures of the objects, what it was modeled in
(TrueSpace, Notepad, etc), and size in KB of unzipped file.

I don't use the megapath so those that do might want to seriously
consider providing me with these.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

Is this an official request from AWI for objects for the megapath or just
you... Stacee?

[View Quote] Or, just me. Since I'm an uber-genius and all.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

daphne

Sep 9, 2003, 6:40pm
Bowen won the privilege of adding several objects to the MegaPath as a prize
in last week's AWTrivia Tournament... He's allowing other cits share his
prize by making suggestions and/or sending him objects and he will pick the
ones he likes the best to go on the MegaPath...

Do note that the MegaPath is accessible by all so anything that does go on
it cannot be passworded or remain exclusive...

Enjoy helping Bowen pick more goodies for us to use!!!

*hugs*
Daphne

[View Quote] Oh yeah, let's not forget the actual file itself...

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

Hmmmm, weird.. I was under the impression you could just offer objects to
AWI anyway...

john

Sep 9, 2003, 7:14pm
complex.objectpaths.net/models/pd16.zip
Similar 2 awteen's pp16door.zip but atcually the right size!

~John

:)

[View Quote] *slap* follow directions. :P

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

lioness.

Sep 10, 2003, 2:54am
I think that's a great thing yer doing Bowen. ;-") Not everyone owns their
own world and have to rely on public worlds to build in.
During the years I"ve been a cit, it's always bothered me that the ONLY huge
round object for large sculptures is the stupid hot air balloon. It would be
great if we had various sizes of spheres to use. It would be nice to NOT
have a cursed hanging basket getting in the way all the time. Rocks/boulders
are nice sometimes but they are very lumpy and pointy and sometimes very
flat on their sides. If I want flat I'll use walls and panels. I see a
renewed surge of creativity in AW especially since 3D axis was enabled.
;-"D We now have a whole new realm of commands available. Imagine the
possibilities with a bunch of different sizes of spheres. Currently, besides
the hot air balloon we also have a couple of huge roof objects, some large
misshapen rocks, and a cloud. We really don't have many spherical or curved
shapes to choose from. It would also be great if we had extra wide columns
and columns WITHOUT the darned square piece at each end getting in the way.
And recently while searching the OY's I noticed there is nothing thinner
than flagpole.rwx to use when you need a skinny pole type object. Flagpole
works ok but its kinda wide for some things like wires or rope...... and
there is the matter of the wide base of it and the ball on the top end. Also
there isn't anything that I've noticed that is smaller than button.rwx.
Would be nice if we had flat round objects available. LOL. (Sorry, on a roll
now ;-"D) And I also noticed we need smaller clear panels or glass
objects. Didn't see much available there cept for pieces that were taller
than my av. And a lot of our current objects don't take color very well cus
they are already textured. For example using goldcurt on an already textured
object looks awful when yer trying to achieve a smooth appearance of gold.
Would be fantastic if we had some plain white or solid colored objects
available. And how about some more varieties of pine trees???? Taller
plants too, like ferns or ornamental grass or ivy??? Ok, ok, I'll stop
now. I could go on and on. LOL. But even a contribution of some actual
(round) spheres would be nice. ;-") (But make em solid color please??)

lioness.

Sep 10, 2003, 2:58am
Sorry...... I forgot to say that I am only able to offer suggestions. If
anybody out there is able to contribute anything, perhaps my suggestions
will give you some ideas. ;-")

.duo.

Sep 10, 2003, 5:50pm
I coudl make some spheres

--
-.Duo. (342836)
[View Quote]

starfleet

Sep 10, 2003, 6:05pm
And turn them into cubes afterwards :P

[View Quote]

.duo.

Sep 10, 2003, 8:32pm
lol, at least you could actually do that on the computer :-P

--
-.Duo. (342836)
[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 12, 2003, 3:23pm
"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote this
(news:3f5e3d90 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 09 Sep 2003:

> Hmmmm, weird.. I was under the impression you could just offer objects
> to AWI anyway...
>
> - Mark

[View Quote] Yes, but the prize was that they would actually consider your offer ;¬)