Usage of Disabled Citizen (General Discussion)

Usage of Disabled Citizen // General Discussion

1  2  3  |

john

Aug 9, 2003, 5:41pm
Sorry to keep posting but several of my friends are a) telling me that AWI
are on my cit pretending to be me to try & get information and b) that this
breaks international & US company law.

Is this right?

well yes, i do believe its illegal to impersionate someone else, but you
would have a hard time proving it.

-SWE

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Aug 9, 2003, 6:12pm
i have the proof ready to show

john

Aug 9, 2003, 6:13pm
Why? Print sccreen. o

I admit to being the one to informing John of this...

Impersonation, is defined as:

<Quote>
The act of impersonating; personification; investment with personality;
representation in a personal form.
</Quote>

It is a illegal offence, to directly impersonate an entity or organisation
with the intent to gain private or personal information using the authority,
or good will towards that person. Online, this includes the use of special
privileges to gain access to a user account, and use that account directly,
as oppsed to editing its information.

If prooved that this has been occuring, AWI could, possibly, face legal
action by John, as they have, suposedly, been using his account to directly
impersonate him... Of course usually this would just get throw away by a
court... unless the account happens to hold Credit Card and Password Data...
cue registration...

Of course im no lawyer, but that is what I have learned from many a boring
IT lesson...

crazy pills

Aug 9, 2003, 8:11pm
its all true if he did take legal action though aw may shut down 0_0 highyl
unliekly bu theres a chance

10,000 dolalr lawsuit for umm emotional damages?

no, i doubt they could shut it down for that. just fined and would have to
destroy all gained data.

-SWE

and matt claims they got his AW password and used it to login to his instant
messanger stuff. though my guess is it would have been someone else and/or
they got the password another way.

-SWE

[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 9, 2003, 10:14pm
I would be very mad if i found out someone else was on my citizenship,
impersonating me .... its a Violation of Privacy and if I did find out i
would probably cancel my citizenship and world
[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 9, 2003, 10:20pm
Why don't you....... stop whining and leave already?

-Joe

[View Quote]

john

Aug 9, 2003, 10:28pm
Err because 3x worlds (Including cit) is $190 yr and I renewed reccently..
care to give me that?

Don't forget im 15

John

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 9, 2003, 10:35pm
15 year olds can't take any action.

I think you will find, due to the age and any personal information being
revealed... all hell would break loose in a big way..

calhoun

Aug 9, 2003, 10:52pm
you should beable to get all money back and cancel them

[View Quote] Big isn't a ... big enough word to describe it.

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

r i c h a r d

Aug 10, 2003, 6:40am
Maybe calhoun should keep out of this conversation

john

Aug 10, 2003, 7:12am
Guess its good I use my dad's credit card to pay for my worlds :D

~John

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f355804 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It is a illegal offence, to directly impersonate an entity or
> organisation with the intent to gain private or personal information
> using the authority, or good will towards that person. Online, this
> includes the use of special privileges to gain access to a user
> account, and use that account directly, as oppsed to editing its
> information.
>
> If prooved that this has been occuring, AWI could, possibly, face
> legal action by John, as they have, suposedly, been using his account
> to directly impersonate him... Of course usually this would just get
> throw away by a court... unless the account happens to hold Credit
> Card and Password Data... cue registration...

Technically, that account isn't his anymore, since AWI revoked it. Dang, no
lawsuit :-P

Actually *proving* it could only be done by AWI themselfes. Lying under
oath (sp?) seems fairly common in the US now...

They didnt revoke, they suspended...

joeman

Aug 10, 2003, 3:20pm
They don't need to give you a refund when they suspect illegal activities on
your account.

-Joe

Its suspended under investigation... not closed.

john

Aug 10, 2003, 3:32pm
Didn't ask for a refund. I'm syaing that they are using my suspended
account, pretending to atcually be me, trying to gain information from
people I know.. which according to Mark is illegal.

~John

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Aug 10, 2003, 4:14pm
i dont understand the reason why they disabled it in the first place , if he
felt annoyed by the grams , there is an block telegram option . if they
think he is matt , then , cmon ? how can you even suspect him lol , should
be clear allready to them , they prob read every gram send by him and
received by him , and check the uni logs with what ISP he logged in , they
better have a good reason , to disable your cit .

carolann

Aug 10, 2003, 5:51pm
> Technically, that account isn't his anymore, since AWI revoked it. Dang,
no
> lawsuit :-P
>
> Actually *proving* it could only be done by AWI themselfes. Lying under
> oath (sp?) seems fairly common in the US now...
>
> KAH

I know this is not part of the subject KAH but no less so than your
statement I will quote below.

Awhile back you said, in reference to some comments made by "theLady"

TheLady said: "Ya'll declared war on me. I don't even have an army. Guess
I'd better get one."

Kah responded: "Okay, this one person is "us all". That's right, makes lots
of sense."

I agreed with you and any comment renouncing statements that lump whole
populations into one common behavioral group (even when a particular
behavior IS a groups common purpose, such as the KKK, a church choir,
pedophiliacs-they all have a distinct personalities aside from that).

So of course I was very disappointed when you said:

Kah: "Lying under oath (sp?) seems fairly common in the US now..."

The dictionary defines common in this instance as meaning: "generally met
with and not in any way special, strange, or unusual. COMMON implies usual,
or frequency of occurrence. Occurring habitually." Something more often done
than not done.

Since you didn't identify a subset of the US population I have to assume you
mean lying under oath occurs frequently among the entire population.
Statistics please. We're not talking about per capita milk consumption or
gum chewing now. I suppose you could prove that kind of thing with
statistics....but lying under oath?

Now KAH, why can't the lady say you are probably one of those who declared
war on her if you can say I probably lie under oath because I am a resident
of the US?

ya, if they revoke, they would have to give him a refund no?

-SWE

No... but if he took it to court AWI would get pretty slaughtered... and
everything would come out in that kind of case, logs would be legally
required to be handed over of whatever monitoring awi does, anything about
this MSN stolen business etc.

Are aw actually allowed to suspend a citizen in one universe, for having a
cracked uni(or such), since you did no illegal activites on the canceled
cit. all i think they can really do is take you to court, but they cant
disable your cit for that since you were not using that particular cit for
illegal activities.

-SWE

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 10, 2003, 7:55pm
That would be like blowing up buildings in another country but they couldn't get you for
that in your own country.

[View Quote]

john

Aug 10, 2003, 7:59pm
SWE - you've got the wrong end of the stick.

The EULA clearly states they can terminate service when they want. But the
trouble is they are now pretending to be me saying "i've got my cit back."
and then asking questions about m a t t... which i've been informed breaks