Opacity of water (General Discussion)

Opacity of water // General Discussion

1  |

goddess innie

May 31, 2003, 2:40am
Has anyone else noticed how the water is just impossible to get clear in
3.4? It just seems to opaque, all the time.

tony m

May 31, 2003, 2:48am
What build of 3.4? Do you have T&L disabled?

Non-T&L users with build 489 should see clear water now like the T&L people can.

[View Quote] >Has anyone else noticed how the water is just impossible to get clear in

"tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com> wrote in
news:tscgdvc0k0f192160c7feuajfmbg2uu8cr at 4ax.com:

> What build of 3.4? Do you have T&L disabled?
>
> Non-T&L users with build 489 should see clear water now like the T&L
> people can.

Last I checked, OGL mode didn't have transparent water. Is that what you're
using?

KAH

goddess innie

May 31, 2003, 12:38pm
I am using Software Renderer mode.

[View Quote]

goddess innie

May 31, 2003, 12:39pm
And, it looks clear from the top....It is when I actually enter the water, I
cant see very far in it.

"goddess innie" <ami at chazdesigns.com> wrote in
news:3ed8beb1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> And, it looks clear from the top....It is when I actually enter the
> water, I cant see very far in it.

That's a feature, not a bug.

KAH

shred

Jun 1, 2003, 5:04pm
[View Quote] To elaborate on KAH's rather unhelpful answer, try increasing underwater view distance under World Features > Water.

"shred" <shred at myrealbox.com> wrote in
news:3eda4e50 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> To elaborate on KAH's rather unhelpful answer, try increasing
> underwater view distance under World Features > Water.

She thought it was a bug, I told her it was not. That's helpfull.

KAH

shred

Jun 2, 2003, 2:22pm
[View Quote] Sorry; it just seemed to me like she wanted a little more information than that. Telling her that what she's experiencing isn't a bug doesn't tell her how she might go about solving her problem. ^_^

It goes something like this:

A: Hi, I'm having a problem with water opacity. When underwater, I can't see very far. Is anyone else having this problem?
B: That's a feature, not a bug.
A: ... Okay... o_o

goddess innie

Jun 3, 2003, 4:11am
Actually, I dont think I ever said it was a bug. I was merely asking a
question. Sometimes, incase you havent noticed, people tend to have things
happen on their machine that doesnt happen on other machines. I was wanting
to know if others saw that way, that is why I asked if anyone else was
noticing it. I know how to report bugs, and I am on the beta team. I had
actually never noticed it before I went to Windows XP. The graphics in XP
got much worse (not clear like they were in win 2k), and the water is pretty
opaque.

So no kah, I never once thought it was a bug. Read messages, then respond.
It is sometimes helpful. ;-)

I cant use T&L mode on this machine. I will try my other one later and see
what it looks like over there. It is interesting to think that T&L has
clearer water than the others, though. Consistency is not an option ,
though.

And, I can not change the opacity of water if it isnt my world.

It was just an observation and a little question.