Space Ship Columbia (General Discussion)

Space Ship Columbia // General Discussion

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

the joker ss

Feb 3, 2003, 10:31am
i said "why should i care what others think" , thats something else then
caring about the person itself , and why do you try to find something
negative in everything a person says on here

baron sweetman

Feb 3, 2003, 11:13am
actually Bowen our bodies arent. They are very badly adapted to
weightlessness, which causes extreme bonematter loss very fast.

No gravitiy is not needed for foodintake, but after that.....it's a bit
messy :)

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com.ANTISPAM> wrote in
news:3e3d6cd2$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It was their risk to take. No one said they HAD to do what they do.
> They did it because they enjoyed it. Our bodies are very well adapted
> to most any environment we have access to. Space seems to be one of
> the environments are bodies fit well into.
>
> Hey, gravity isn't needed for swallowing right?
>
> --Bowen--

baron sweetman

Feb 3, 2003, 11:18am
its happening already the disaster, it's called global warming and most
likely will cause an iceage around 2050 when Greenland melts, and dumps so
much cold water in to the ocean that the gulfstream will be disrupted thus
interrupted the heat exchange in the ocean serverly changing the world
climate. Its not something we can stop, the progress is irriversible.

I think in the years leading up to that the wortld will suffer various
forms of violent weather dispruptions of the like we are now only beginning
to see

"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
news:3e3d8eab$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> solving it. I can imagine it might happen some day, but we have far to
> go there yet. I am quite sure some major disater will take care of us
> before that.

baron sweetman

Feb 3, 2003, 11:20am
FYI both the arabs and the jews are semites.

They stem from the some root

So anti-semitic is a meaningless term

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> wrote in
news:3e3d845f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Actually, my problem with joker is that his comment was racist and
> anti-semetic.
>
> Chris

[View Quote] Actually, only about 3-6% of our oil comes from the Middle east.

> Well I would have critiziced that when spanish and portugise killed the
> americans, I would have protested when the indians were killed and their
> land stoled, I would have protested when there was slaves on the cotton
> fields, BUT it was slightly before my time, so I guess I need to be critical
> toward things I feel is wrong in my time or will be in the future. It will
> not help if I go out in the streets and start yelling Bloody spanish, stop
> stealing the gold of the mayas!

Land was only stolen from the Indians in the west. The gov't was actually pretty
nice to the Indians in the East. :P

[View Quote] It's generally applied to being anti-Jewish. In the context he was using it, that's
what it applied to. Try to tell the Arabs the Jews are their own kin, see their
reaction.

[View Quote] But in space, you don't need strength. ;)

> I am now aware that moss might be an important oxygen producer if space will
> be inhabited, but yet, I think it is silly. Heck can one not simulate
> "space" on earth? To me it would be more importnat to see that nobody goes
> hungry and homeless in the world of today than to figure out if moss like to
> be in space. Just my opinion, feel free to have other opinions, I have never
> claimed to be right about anything.

Space could be used to provide more room for the homeless. It could be used to grow
less expensive food as no land is needed. It could unite everyone in the world as
one nation.

Some even post in HTML just because they can do it

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Feb 3, 2003, 2:31pm
3 major american oil companies allready had talks with iraqi opposition to
exploid the oil when saddam is gone

[View Quote] Good, cheaper oil. Maybe it'll go up to 10%... it costs a lot of money to transfer
oil.

Sounds like there are 2 classes of people, a small elite that
is considered a loss for mankind. All others - well, shit happens.

I personally do not like military people too much but I still do
not think they are less worthy than civilians. Maybe more stupid
though - but that's their job.

[View Quote] LOL!

I think that if Einstein were still alive today and he died, they would publicize
that too. Like they did with Earhart, or something...

--Bowen--

the joker ss

Feb 3, 2003, 3:02pm
iraq is way cheaper , 4 $ to explaoid 1 ton of oil , in the USA it costs 36
$ for one ton of oil . and if the USa has to use their own oil recourses ,
then oil would run up in 12 years , iraq had oil for 44 years or more

[View Quote] You've been watching too much television. $4 USD to get it, but it'll probably end
up costing $100 per ton to ship it over sea.

--Bowen--

the joker ss

Feb 3, 2003, 3:14pm
can you prove that ? how come USA got most of it oil allready from the
middle east like kuwait and southern arabia ?

[View Quote] Can you prove otherwise without using nationalist European sources?

As I said, 3-6% of our oil is imported from that area. Most of it is from the States
and possibly China.

--Bowen--

the joker ss

Feb 3, 2003, 3:29pm
lol what has this to do with nationalist european sources , and 3-6 % is way
too lil to provide the USA with enough oil , remmeber the oil crisis in the
seventies ?

hm, I thought about it and I think I should refine my statement :
I _do_ consider military people who attack less worthy.

Btw.: I think it is quite normal that they publish an accident like
this more than a shool bus accident. Those people stood more in the
center of publicity when they lived, so it is only normal that their
accident has more publicity too.

[View Quote] 3-6% of our total oil is Arab oil, that's a lot though. We do have other sources, as
I said, China and the Orient. Alaska has quite a bit as well. I'm sure there are
quite a bit more, I don't see why everyone focuses on us just exploiting the Arabs
for oil.

Bowen thinks that if Arab nations cut off oil access to the US, European nations
would benefit immensly by selling oil they acquire to the US. Who'd want to lose out
on 3-6% of a couple trillion USD though?

[View Quote] What good's a military if it doesn't keep peace? Even the Roman soldiers had to
attack. :\

> Btw.: I think it is quite normal that they publish an accident like
> this more than a shool bus accident. Those people stood more in the
> center of publicity when they lived, so it is only normal that their
> accident has more publicity too.

:\ I don't know, I think a school bus getting blown up would cause a lot of
publicity. Maybe not after the Columbine, etc incidents though.

Romans has been an extremely aggressive nation, I do not understand
the "even" in your reply.

About the school bus - if a school bus in the US is destroyed in an
accident, we will have s small notice in the news, same for the US
news if a school bus is destroyed in germany. It was just an example
for worse events that get less notice. Worse because the kids do
not know about the risk and are not asked if they are willing to
take it, not because of more or less worthy people. No one who went
this way can be brought back - it's final :(

[View Quote]

count dracula

Feb 3, 2003, 4:39pm
Oh great, all homeless people line up and wait to be shot up in space. You
will get a hightech cardboard box and flameless bonfire will be aviable
every 300 yard.

Drac
bowen <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com.ANTISPAM> kirjoitti
viestissä:3e3e807a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
will
goes
like to
never

> Space could be used to provide more room for the homeless. It could be
used to grow
> less expensive food as no land is needed. It could unite everyone in the
world as
> one nation.
>
> --Bowen--

[View Quote] Or they'll get comfortable living quarters. I believe a trolly system is under
design for taking people out of the atmosphere? So it wouldn't be high priced and it
could probably cost less then the homeless shelter/cafeteria projects.

--Bowen--

ncc 71854

Feb 3, 2003, 6:03pm
I agree with you.

[View Quote]

screb

Feb 3, 2003, 8:08pm
I just posted this in the community newsgroup as a reply that AW is open for
tourists.... Then I started to read all this here. I agree in much Dracula
is saying.... This is what I wrote b4 I saw the discussion over here and
thought it could fit in the discussion over here too:

Have AW open for tourist this next comming year... there is a war comming up
where many innocent ppl will be killed by US army, and maybe even the
international community... Start a memorial for them too aswell for the
soldiers that will not return to their homes...
Also a few hundreds of thousants will die of aids in Africa and other places
in the world... lets pay them some respect too.... And what about the
millions that will die of hunger this comming year... If we had not send up
that many billions of dollars costing piece of metal up in the sky, we might
have been able to save many of their lives... prolly more than 7.... Nature
will strike again all over the world cause we all seem to refuse to do
sumfin structual bout global warming. US upfront that does not even want to
live up the Kyoto guide lines....

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry too for the astronauts that let their life
up there... but they where just doing a dangerous job and they knew the
risks... I feel sad for their families aswell, who lost their
husbands/wifes, fathers/mothers... but everyday many ppl loose their life
doing their job for much less pay... Why is it that an astronauts life is
worth more than a construction builder, or a sailor, or a truckdriver... or
whatever job u (who reads this) do.

Prolly I am the only one, but more than 7 ppl died that day, so why the big
fuzz about only these 7.
I really ask myself if there r not bigger issiues in the world right now
than those 7 astronauts we should worry about... and think that many of us
even support covernments that r ready to go out and kill a much larger
amount of ppl or allready doing that.

screb

[View Quote]

screb

Feb 3, 2003, 8:18pm
"The fact that the entire world is mourning this tragedy" <-- who said
that?? that might be on the telly in the US, but in fact NOT the whole world
is mourning bout this thing... Drac is telling some usefull things here wich
should make u think more b4 u start talking...

screb

[View Quote]

screb

Feb 3, 2003, 8:27pm
Clever thinking Bowen... I think of it this way: Its up to the individual
what he or she wants to explore. Just know the risks in advance and don't
complain afterwards if things go wrong. Become a Formula1 racer and u know
the chance of dying will become much larger than it is compaired to other
jobs. Why should others feel sorry bout the descission some persons make?

screb

[View Quote]

usul 2

Feb 3, 2003, 11:03pm
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm

The top six countries (by percentage of total USA imports) supplying crude
oil to the USA in January 2002 were:

Saudi Arabia: 16.9%
Mexico: 15.1%
Canada: 15.0%
Venezuela: 14.4%
Iraq: 11.4%
Nigeria: 5.9.%

Those aren't very reliable sources. Newspapers should rarely be used for
documentation and/or proof.

--Bowen--

1  2  3  4  5  6  |