ini files // Sdk

1  |

realmx24 xiv

Jan 23, 2000, 9:58pm
How would I retrieve info such as a citizen number or PPW from an ini
file?

hal9000

Jan 28, 2000, 1:21am
char thispath[200];
GetCurrentDirectory(sizeof(path), path);
sprintf(path, "%s\\MyBot.ini", path);

char priv[20];
GetPrivateProfileString("Login", "Priv", "default string", priv,
sizeof(priv), thispath);

//or for an integer
int citnum;
GetPrivateProfileInt("Login", "owner", 0, citnum, thispath);

//then to write to an ini file (you will have to sprintf any integers into a
buffer string before writing them)
char buffer[50];
sprintf(buffer, "%d", citnum);
WritePrivateProfileString("Login", "Owner", buffer, thispath);

[View Quote]

hal9000

Jan 28, 2000, 1:23am
WOH! weird.... good ol' outlook express....
change all those "file://" things to comment stuff out... guess it changed
it before i sent it...

[View Quote]

faber

Jan 30, 2000, 11:24am
Thie file:// stuff is only displayed, not send. Only Outlook Express users will see it, I
guess.

The source code of your previous email has the proper c++ comments in there, no file:
added to them.

Walter aka Faber

news:38910bc0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...