[AWNews] Back in Business! (General Discussion)

[AWNews] Back in Business! // General Discussion

Jan 18, 2003, 2:07am
Hey, remember us?

It's been five long months since AWNews disappeared from the Internet,
and while many people have moved on since then, I'm pleased to announce
that AWNews is back in action!

We've got new features, a new domain name, and of course, all the
stories you missed while we were gone, and we're just getting started!
Soon, we'll have our very own forums and a brand new site design like
nothing you've ever seen before! Oh yea, and we've managed to preserve
all of your old accounts, so you can log in just like old times! And, if
you've forgotten your password, you can simply have it emailed to you!

So head on over to the new AWNews at http://www.awnews.org and catch up
on all that you missed! And stay tuned, because you never know what's
coming next in the AW universe!

P.S. There are still a couple things on the site that need tweaking, so
please forgive our dust! :)

AWNews Editor in Chief
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

alphabit phalpha

Jan 18, 2003, 2:18am
Wooohooo!...thanks GK!
Soooo glad your back:)
Hugggs:)

ananas

Jan 18, 2003, 8:47am
wb :)

Oh, and get rid of "coming soon", I was already about to use
the back arrow in the web browser because I didn't expect it
would send me to the awnews contents. "Coming soon" usually
means there is not anything there yet.

Well, maybe part of the dust *g

[View Quote]

ryan jacob

Jan 18, 2003, 4:43pm
Same coming soon ad I've seen for a long time now :(

Ryan Jacob

A little patience needed :)

The page sends you to http://www.awnews.org/html/
after 5 seconds.

[View Quote]

facter

Jan 18, 2003, 6:53pm
Thankyou sir, you and all others for the effort.

Maybe I'll write you an article or two.....

....how about one dealing with the "real" formation of the rules and
guidelines for the GK's?

Thats a story that really need to be told..and luckily, lo and behold, I
have transcripts and emails saved that I jsut found on a very ancient
CD.....

That'd be good. Yes, I think I might just do that....

F.

[View Quote]

ryan jacob

Jan 19, 2003, 3:48am
Yeah, I noticed that later on :) Thanks!

Ryan Jacob

"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in news:3E28D2D0.6020408
at utn.cjb.net:

> P.S. There are still a couple things on the site that need tweaking, so
> please forgive our dust! :)

You'll now be redirected with a proper HTTP redirect, no more coming soon
ad :-))

Please do that. I'm tired of pinheads constantly basing their decisions
about the GKs on heresy spread by those who crossed them. It will be nice
to have some evidence to toss back at them and win some lost souls. :P

Chris

[View Quote]

facter

Jan 23, 2003, 8:16am
Its already done...the first part anyways, there are a few more parts to
come...if goober ever actually starts approving news items for the
site...when i submitted it over the weekend there were four other stories in
the queue!

:)

F.

Jan 23, 2003, 10:06am
Maybe if you actually replied to that email I sent you, I could approve
it! :P

Don't keep a Goober waiting...
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

facter

Hay, if you actually ever sent me an email, I might reply to it!

But, unfortunatly, I have never received anything from you at my email
address....which is invurt at hotmail.com

F.

Hmm... not sure what happened, but at any rate, could you put that email
that you had at the end of your article on a web page somewhere? It
makes the article way too long!

At least the NGs work :P
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

j b e l l

Jan 27, 2003, 6:43am
well.. i'm certainly confused...

Jan 27, 2003, 10:04am
Considering the message wasn't directed at you, of course you're confused. :P

But this might clear things up:
http://awnews.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=319&mode=flat&order=0&thold=-1

[View Quote] --
Goober King