Fun for all programmers! (General Discussion)

Fun for all programmers! // General Discussion

1  |

john

Oct 5, 2002, 4:03pm
http://www.zenith-studios.com/Encryption.zip

Try and decrypt that... its 1-way encryption for password checks (sent via
programs), etc.

If you can break it i'll be shocked :D

john

Oct 5, 2002, 5:30pm
Sorry..
http://www.zenith-studios.co.uk/encryption.zip

[View Quote]

tony m

Oct 5, 2002, 8:22pm
And just how are we supposed to use this DLL without any kind of documentation?

[View Quote] >Sorry..
>http://www.zenith-studios.co.uk/encryption.zip

john

Oct 5, 2002, 10:32pm
Lmao! Same as you would any other.

Projects>References>encryption lib>ok

Public ENC as Encryption

Private Sub Form_Load
Set enc = new encryption
msgbox enc.copyright
msgbox enc.encryptpassword("hi")
End Sub

[View Quote]

tony m

Oct 6, 2002, 1:00am
[View Quote] >Lmao! Same as you would any other.

>Projects>References>encryption lib>ok

Um, I don't use Visual Basic/Visual C++, or any Microsoft programming software--it's a silly assumption to make that everybody else does.

joeman

Oct 6, 2002, 2:40am
Easy to decrypt by hand... Here's a rundown of your "secure" encryption
method. I did a little tinkering, but don't have much solid code yet. I
don't know if this can be decrypted by machine, but it can by hand.

I dumped out a string of "A"s and, they were all the same number, good,
simple encryption. So, then I dumped the alphabet... Then, the whole
character table. So, right now I have a table where one just looks up an
"encrypted" hash number and can find the character it points to. Here's an
example...

Plaintext: "Alfred has many friends."
CipherText: "66355715452-38584872-3864486680-3855715954665272-20"

Using human logic, we can see that there are many numbers in there. Its not
one long number. So, lets break it apart.

Broken CipherText:
"6 63 55 71 54 52 -38 58 48 72 -38 64 48 66 80 -38 55 71 59 54 66 52 72 -20"
"A l f r e d h a s m a n y
f r i e n d s .
Broken PlainText: ^

From that, we can fill in some spaces on a decoding chart. But, before you
go off and do that, I need to explain one thing. For some reason, the
ciphertext numbers skip every fourth. "(x)" denotes skipped.

6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28
(29) 30 31 32 (33) 34 35 36 (37) 38 39

So, well, there's only one thing in stopping a decoder for the computer: A
computer might have problems dividing a string up into individual numbers,
that's why a human hand is needed in all this. A simple bruteforce
breaking-apart-type system would work though.

Blah its so late, gotta finish.

Lastly, here's a method to dump a table...

For i = 35 To 200 'We don't want anything before 35, after 200...
Addr Chr(i) & " >>" & Str(i) & " - " & ENC.EncryptPassword(Chr(i)) & "
=" & Str(i - Val(ENC.EncryptPassword(Chr(i))))
Next i

It should dump a table like this.

; >> 59 - -2 = 61
< >> 60 - -1 = 61
= >> 61 - 0 = 61
? >> 63 - 3 = 60
at >> 64 - 4 = 60
A >> 65 - 6 = 59
B >> 66 - 7 = 59
C >> 67 - 8 = 59
D >> 68 - 10 = 58
E >> 69 - 11 = 58
F >> 70 - 12 = 58
G >> 71 - 14 = 57
H >> 72 - 15 = 57
I >> 73 - 16 = 57
J >> 74 - 18 = 56
K >> 75 - 19 = 56
L >> 76 - 20 = 56
M >> 77 - 22 = 55
N >> 78 - 23 = 55
O >> 79 - 24 = 55
P >> 80 - 26 = 54

So, by dividing up the encrypted string, and compairing it to the table, one
can figure out what a string really is... I think... So, just do it by
hand... and... try again john. I'll have some more than just ramblings in
the morning... Oh, and if you want proof, send me an encrypted string and
I'll decrypt it... in the morning.

A sleepy...
-Joe

With a given prototype you can load/use a Win32 DLL with all Win32
compiler languages and with most P-code compilers and interpreters
too. You don't need M$ products for that.

Without a prototype, it's quite useless though.

LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress and FreeLibrary are the functions you
will need. Store the function pointers that you get from GetProcAddress
in pointer variables, typically like
<returntype> (FAR _stdcall *foo) (<parameterlist);

You can then call those functions like

ret = (*foo)(<parameters>);

[View Quote]

milesteg

Oct 6, 2002, 9:58am
well actually it is an activex dll so it is a bit more complicated.
its prototype is include in the dll in a type library format.. you need a
COM compliant software to use it easily :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
3DA010F7.7D25C110 at oct31.de...
> With a given prototype you can load/use a Win32 DLL with all Win32
> compiler languages and with most P-code compilers and interpreters
> too. You don't need M$ products for that.
>
> Without a prototype, it's quite useless though.
>
> LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress and FreeLibrary are the functions you
> will need. Store the function pointers that you get from GetProcAddress
> in pointer variables, typically like
> <returntype> (FAR _stdcall *foo) (<parameterlist);
>
> You can then call those functions like
>
> ret = (*foo)(<parameters>);

[View Quote]

john

Oct 6, 2002, 10:06am
Yey! Someone did it :-)

Not for long tho :-D

[View Quote]

john

Oct 6, 2002, 10:12am
Now ya cant break it :-D

oh, more an OCX then with a wrong extension

[View Quote]

milesteg

Oct 6, 2002, 1:15pm
actually ocx is an activex dll which implements several specific interfaces
to interact with its container. his dll is simply an activex dll, not an
ocx. :)

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
3DA02955.4EA9525B at oct31.de...
> oh, more an OCX then with a wrong extension

[View Quote]

joeman

Oct 6, 2002, 1:48pm
Why don't you just stick to MD5 hashes or SHA-1?

-Joe

You your skills scary :o Can I borrow your brain?

joeman

Oct 6, 2002, 3:44pm
No, it stays here... and tom says no too, hes busy with it (macbone).

-Joe