A couple questions. (General Discussion)

A couple questions. // General Discussion

1  |

carlbanks

Sep 30, 2002, 10:36pm
I finally upgraded my video card and I can run Direct3d 8 but I heard it has a problem.

Also does anyone know the site for VIA Technologies,Inc

--
-CarLBanks, 335711
Virtual Forum: www.projectcforum.cjb.net

absolute monarch

Sep 30, 2002, 11:51pm
Incase u didnt notice CarL, there is no question in ur post. questions
SHOULD end with a question mark...IF u forgot to add the question mark fine,
'Also does anyone know the site for VIA Technologies,Inc' would be a
question if that was the case. BUT 'I finally upgraded my video card and I
can run Direct3d 8 but I heard it has a problem.' is not a question. even
tho its quite obvious what the question is, but happens if some idiot like u
comes a long and only finds 1 question? they might strain their brains
thinking what the question is. So i suggest u repost ur post, with Actual
QUESTIONS! ( must add ? if u forgot)

Yours Faithfully,
Absolute Monarch
338508
Mayor of Sapphire Estates - AW 18000s 16000w
[View Quote]

carlbanks

Oct 1, 2002, 12:14am
Please throw your Jerk Manual out the window.

--
-CarLBanks, 335711
Virtual Forum: www.projectcforum.cjb.net

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Oct 1, 2002, 12:16am
ok.

I wanna upgrade my sound card but viatechnologies.com dosen't work. Does anyone know the correct url for Via Technologies,Inc?

--
-CarLBanks, 335711
Virtual Forum: www.projectcforum.cjb.net

[View Quote]

talisan

Oct 1, 2002, 12:27am
Carl,

you've asked me to do things for you in the past that YOU could have done
yourself pretty easily.

Can you Yahoo!! ? Typing in VIA Technology brought up
http://www.viatech.com/en/index/index.jsp as the 1st item on the list. Took
me all of 20 seconds to find this.

Please start doing things for yourself. I am not going to help you again.

[View Quote]

linn

Oct 1, 2002, 12:44am
oooooooooooooooo pleezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[View Quote]

absolute monarch

Oct 1, 2002, 1:09am
U little coprolite, i have no 'Jerk Manual' its called proper English and
Grammar, i thought school might have done u some good..and whats with asking
simple questions and wasting people's time?

[View Quote]

kit

Oct 1, 2002, 2:48am
Hello Mr. Monarch,
Perhaps you'd like to look at your own post. A bit of punctuation,
capitalisation and correct spelling on your part might help to make your point
about Carl's lack of question marks. (extracts the mote from Monarchs eye) There
ya go buddy :o)
Regards,
Kit

[View Quote] > Incase u didnt notice CarL, there is no question in ur post. questions
> SHOULD end with a question mark...IF u forgot to add the question mark fine,
> 'Also does anyone know the site for VIA Technologies,Inc' would be a
> question if that was the case. BUT 'I finally upgraded my video card and I
> can run Direct3d 8 but I heard it has a problem.' is not a question. even
> tho its quite obvious what the question is, but happens if some idiot like u
> comes a long and only finds 1 question? they might strain their brains
> thinking what the question is. So i suggest u repost ur post, with Actual
> QUESTIONS! ( must add ? if u forgot)
>
> Yours Faithfully,
> Absolute Monarch
> 338508
> Mayor of Sapphire Estates - AW 18000s 16000w
[View Quote]

de de cyber mom

Oct 1, 2002, 9:22am
hey dont go picking on my little Carl will ya
hi baby waves its mom

"talisan" <wardaor at hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d99082c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Carl,
>
> you've asked me to do things for you in the past that YOU could have done
> yourself pretty easily.
>
> Can you Yahoo!! ? Typing in VIA Technology brought up
> http://www.viatech.com/en/index/index.jsp as the 1st item on the list.
Took
> me all of 20 seconds to find this.
>
> Please start doing things for yourself. I am not going to help you again.

[View Quote]

lady barbara

Oct 1, 2002, 9:52am
Aww...Come on Ab Mon--let the kid alone!!! You know the saying about
"people in glass houses"?? Well, then, please stop bothering our little
Carl!!

Carl--first of all, (looking up in grammar reference book) you made a
courteous request which does not require a question mark!!!

Now as far as Direct3d8, I believe I have that--I know I have that, but in
my options or settings for AW, I was told to keep the Direct3D7 (not8)
checked unless you have the most absolutely new version. But I would look
it up and check it out to be certain. Or, maybe [courteous request] someone
out there who knows more about the topic will let you (and the rest of us)
know the solution to this program is. I know I've seen this topic
addressed in at least one NG over the last few months.

Good luck, Carl!!!

[View Quote] [View Quote]

[View Quote] The least you could do is spell "you" and "I" correctly. Mr. proper-English you.

Drop it AM. Nobody cares about grammar. It's the internet for god's sake.

SW Chris

Go ahead and update your drivers then try out DX8 mode. If it doesn't work,
just switch back. If AW crashes, it will open in software mode the next
time you open it so you can reconfigure your video mode.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

linn

Oct 1, 2002, 7:12pm
Carl? is this what you want? http://www.viatech.com/en/index/index.jsp

I would think a good rule of thumb here would be exhausting all prior
sources of information before you come here. That way people can do things
and won't potentially cause problems by asking for this type of thing.

If you can't find it on a search engine, _then_ you should ask here. Not
before. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

tony m

Oct 1, 2002, 9:55pm
[View Quote] >U little coprolite, i have no 'Jerk Manual' its called proper English and Grammar, i thought school might have done u some good..

You're one to talk, seeing as your spelling, grammar, and capitalization could use some work.

>and whats with asking simple questions and wasting people's time?

Who's to say asking questions is a waste of time? If you don't like his post, simply filter it and move on.

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Oct 1, 2002, 10:15pm
Ahem..... google.........

[View Quote]

anduin

Oct 2, 2002, 9:16pm
An identity claiming to be known as "absolute monarch" <ultramew at ozemail.com.au> scribed the following <3d98ffa0 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in general.discussion:

>Incase u didnt notice CarL, there is no question in ur post. questions
>SHOULD end with a question mark...IF u forgot to add the question mark fine,
>'Also does anyone know the site for VIA Technologies,Inc' would be a
>question if that was the case. BUT 'I finally upgraded my video card and I
>can run Direct3d 8 but I heard it has a problem.' is not a question. even
>tho its quite obvious what the question is, but happens if some idiot like u
>comes a long and only finds 1 question? they might strain their brains
>thinking what the question is. So i suggest u repost ur post, with Actual
>QUESTIONS! ( must add ? if u forgot)

Oh oh, what's happening here? A new user to the newsgroup which happened to be quite nice to start off with seems to be a 'follower'. He's starting to get the attitude most others around here have and is evolving into... What do you call em, a jerk?

I dunno, but it seems most new users hang around noting everyone else's attitude and take it into their own hands once they 'think' they have got everyone's respect, and turn into something completely un-expected.

--
,,,,,
(o o)

Ease off, my friend. This argument is passed. :)

SW Chris