3d windows anyone? (General Discussion)

3d windows anyone? // General Discussion

anyway, on my journeys to distant websites (in search of game demos lol) i
found this: 3dna.net . check it out, its pretty cool, it makes your desktop
a 3d thing. plus if you get sick of the first world, you can download more
:) (only one right now) oh, and the physics in it is really good. (check out
the toys lol, you can move them around by clicking and dragging)

-SWE

P.S. read the tutorial before saying its crap, you may have just not
understood how to use it.

carlbanks

Sep 30, 2002, 2:17pm
http://3dna.net/downloads/free.htm dosen't ever load it just stops loading.

--
-CarLBanks, 335711
Virtual Forum: www.projectcforum.cjb.net

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Sep 30, 2002, 3:26pm
nm. I deleted my internet cache. Also this is awesome. You actually move aroumd. It's like AW but only for your desktop.

--
-CarLBanks, 335711
Virtual Forum: www.projectcforum.cjb.net

[View Quote]

d a n

Sep 30, 2002, 4:30pm
when your on a 56k modem i spend ages downlaoding it O_O Still downlaoding
now

---
D a n

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Sep 30, 2002, 6:40pm
I personally like the villa world so modern and the most objects to move around.

--
-CarLBanks, 335711
Virtual Forum: www.projectcforum.cjb.net

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 30, 2002, 6:44pm
That is really cool!
Unfortunately it doesn't do anything on my pc.
When I try the arrow keys to move it does nothing?

wierd never had that problem lol. check the options (you should be facing
them when you first enter) look for the controls thing. oh, and you press
the arrows on the botton of the options gizmo thing, to switch around what
your configuring.

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Oct 1, 2002, 5:21pm
Also this 3d window software is fun. You can make your own browser links.

[View Quote]

de de cyber mom

Oct 1, 2002, 5:40pm
Carl that thing wont even twitch here i am on cable but it doesnt dl
anything

pouts i want to see it

"carlbanks" <CarLBanks at insight.rr.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d99f5c0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Also this 3d window software is fun. You can make your own browser links.

[View Quote]

anduin

Oct 2, 2002, 8:53pm
An identity claiming to be known as "swe" <swe at emptyco.com> scribed the following <3d986f65 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in general.discussion:

>anyway, on my journeys to distant websites (in search of game demos lol) i
>found this: 3dna.net . check it out, its pretty cool, it makes your desktop
>a 3d thing. plus if you get sick of the first world, you can download more
>:) (only one right now) oh, and the physics in it is really good. (check out
>the toys lol, you can move them around by clicking and dragging)

It's not bad, but some functions cause it to pause for me. Really nice idea, but it's got links to Outlook Express and called Outlook Express, should be much more customizable.

You can't change the big pictures which say "Double-Click Me", but I guess that's their way of advertising during the free public versions.

If I wanted to stay in a 3d world I leave AW running in the foreground in AFK mode and it can look just as good if not better; without working links to programs...

Hey, doesn't that give us an idea for a new AW Feature... More for personal 3d homepages...

--
,,,,,
(o o)

Actually, you can customize the preset desktop icons by right clicking
on them. I was able to change the Internet Explorer link to Netscape,
for instance. :)

Too bad 3D isn't the norm... yet...
robrod at prism.net