world help (General Discussion)

world help // General Discussion

1  |

pc hard o

Sep 16, 2002, 3:14pm
Hi.
I got a world called apollo13, but I cannot seem to get in the world on my
computer. I am hosting it on my other computer, I have a router, and I have
set the router to that computer and right port and all that junk.. Anyone
who has the time to help and old AW-addict?

--
Best Regards,

Daniel André Johansen
SilverSky WebDesign
Organization Number: 984 637 489
Phone: +47 994 95 244
E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
ICQ: 7004435

andras

Sep 16, 2002, 4:06pm
What router model do you use? Does it support loopback?

Andras
http://andras.net/router_aw/router_aw.html

[View Quote]

themask 13

Sep 16, 2002, 5:04pm
Hehe, i had the same problem. i emailed aw, and they told me to do this:.

To get around this you will have to use the tunnel server. To do this open
aworld.ini, located in the Active Worlds install folder and locate the
[connection] section. Change it to the following:

[connection]
type=1
proxy_auto_detect=0

Save the file and restart AW.

pc hard o

Sep 16, 2002, 6:18pm
Hi, Andras.
I am using the router you are not finished with, SMC BroadBand/Barricade :-(

E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
ICQ: 7004435
"andras" <andras at andras.net> skrev i melding
news:3D8616F4.CEB9F037 at andras.net...
> What router model do you use? Does it support loopback?
>
> Andras
> http://andras.net/router_aw/router_aw.html

[View Quote]

pc hard o

Sep 16, 2002, 6:18pm
Hi, themask.
I have already tried that... :-(

E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
ICQ: 7004435
"themask 13" <rickyt50 at attbi.com> skrev i melding
news:3d862b5a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hehe, i had the same problem. i emailed aw, and they told me to do this:.
>

> To get around this you will have to use the tunnel server. To do this
open
> aworld.ini, located in the Active Worlds install folder and locate the
> [connection] section. Change it to the following:
>
> [connection]
> type=1
> proxy_auto_detect=0
>
> Save the file and restart AW.

milesteg

Sep 16, 2002, 6:35pm
Hi pc Hard o,

connect to your router via your webbrowser
log in with your password ( 'admin' is default password)
select Virtual Server
add :
Service Ports 7777 ( if your world config is the default)
Server IP internal_ip_of_your_server_here
chech the 'enable' checkbox
click on save button then click on reboot button..
that should be enough :))

Regards,
MilesTeg

"pc hard o" <daniel at silversky.no> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d863c8a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi, Andras.
> I am using the router you are not finished with, SMC BroadBand/Barricade
:-(

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Daniel André Johansen
> SilverSky WebDesign
> Organization Number: 984 637 489
> Phone: +47 994 95 244
> E-Mail: daniel at silversky.no
> ICQ: 7004435
> "andras" <andras at andras.net> skrev i melding
> news:3D8616F4.CEB9F037 at andras.net...
on
> my
> have
> Anyone

maki

Sep 16, 2002, 6:51pm
I've also had this problem...I don't know about the router thingy..I'm not
really a techie in that area ;) I ended up asking around for awhile and
finally finding jerme...at the time his services were free, they are at the
moment, but he has a pricing plan that is being setup...it's around $27 for
p20/10user and bigger hosting...free for anything under that...object path
is 50 megs free, and not too bad for more ;) www.jtechwebsystems.com

maki awmaki.com

[View Quote]

themask 13

Sep 17, 2002, 9:35am
ok, you've gotta open some port(s)...not sure, but its in the AW Help world
section

elyk

Sep 17, 2002, 10:12pm
Post your message in WorldBuilders....you'll probably get a lot more help
there.
[View Quote]

jerme

Sep 17, 2002, 10:46pm
Heh.. yea guys... Thanks maki.

If all else fails, and you just can't figure out how to get that router
setup, then I'll host your world for you.

As Maki said, I am in the process of setting up a pricing plan that will
include both paid and free accounts (for world hosting, and object path/web
hosting). Currently, everything is still free. You can see a draft of the
price plan at: http://www.jtechwebsystems.com/prices.shtml

If you have any questions, or would like to get your hosting setup, please
e-mail me at JerMe101 at bellsouth.net

Regards,
Jeremy

a.k.a. JerMe (#296967)

--
Jeremy Booker - Owner

themask 13

Sep 17, 2002, 11:14pm
nice to see someone host atleast SOMETHING on linux platform..