Taking bets.. (General Discussion)

Taking bets.. // General Discussion

1  2  3  4  |

What does that mean? There was no real war on drugs....

And if I'm not mistaken, British forces did about half of the work in
Afghanistan... :) And they're better off as a society as a whole because
of it. Or did you not watch Sky News or the BBC?

Peace, love, and foodstuffs,
Chris

Proof is hard to come by. Evidence isn't. :) If he has enough evidence to
indicate a possible proof, I would support an invasion. Otherwise I'm with
you. It would be a bad idea. You don't need to march around heedlessly...

IMO though, Rumsfeld already has enough evidence. Even the weapons
inspectors (all but one, mind you) are saying that Saddam has had enough
time to perfect plans for a nuclear bomb and that he's expressed interest in
using it if he builds it.

Chris

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Sep 11, 2002, 3:39pm
who is the USA to say they cant have those weapons

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> schreef in bericht
news:3d7f7c16$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Proof is hard to come by. Evidence isn't. :) If he has enough evidence
> indicate a possible proof, I would support an invasion. Otherwise I'm
with
> you. It would be a bad idea. You don't need to march around
heedlessly...

> IMO though, Rumsfeld already has enough evidence. Even the weapons
> inspectors (all but one, mind you) are saying that Saddam has had enough
> time to perfect plans for a nuclear bomb and that he's expressed interest
in
> using it if he builds it.
>
> Chris

[View Quote]

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 11, 2002, 3:55pm
[View Quote] There is no real "War on Terrorism"; it's simply a phrase used for propoganda.

> And if I'm not mistaken, British forces did about half of the work in Afghanistan... :)

So what?

> And they're better off as a society as a whole because of it.

Most likely, but do you know that? Have you visited their country and checked?

> Or did you not watch Sky News or the BBC?

Sorry, I don't get those channels from my Canadian cable company. Don't assume I live in the UK just because I have a point of view.

> who is the USA to say they cant have those weapons

The UN says so. No nuclear weapons with the intent to use against others unless
agreed upon by the majority of the nations in the UN. Anyone who does without
approval is dealt with swiftly I've heard.

--Bowen--

the joker ss

Sep 11, 2002, 5:07pm
bullshit
"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7f8a5b at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> The UN says so. No nuclear weapons with the intent to use against others
unless
> agreed upon by the majority of the nations in the UN. Anyone who does
without
> approval is dealt with swiftly I've heard.
>
> --Bowen--

> bullshit

I believe this was the Nuclear Armement Treaty? Most, if not all, of the UN nations
with nuclear weapons signed it. The UN is also what's going to determine who has the
right and the jursidiction to use them (which I would say would be almost never). If
they see anyone using them in a war (like with Pakistan and India) I'd assume they'd
stop them after the first or second bomb went off.

--Bowen--

athnex

Sep 12, 2002, 4:06am
Its not, saddam is a screwed up man, who most likely had necular weapons
would use them agasnt america, or isrial or britian.. You think hes a sane
man with good intentions, if that was the case we wouldent mind him having
them, but he is not.

> Its not, saddam is a screwed up man, who most likely had necular weapons
> would use them agasnt america, or isrial or britian.. You think hes a sane
> man with good intentions, if that was the case we wouldent mind him having
> them, but he is not.

Exactly. That's why we don't mind *most* countries that have nuclear weapons. Even
though there's no reason to have them. But hey, you never know when aliens are going
to come and try to take us over.

--Bowen--

ncc 72897

Sep 12, 2002, 12:59pm
Klingons? ROFL

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 12, 2002, 1:00pm
but Bowen, How do we know those very aliens do not feed on radioactive material? LOL

[View Quote]

shred

Sep 12, 2002, 1:09pm
Don't be silly. Everyone knows that aliens eat human brains.

> but Bowen, How do we know those very aliens do not feed on radioactive material?
LOL

Well, the radioactive material is only present after the explosion, which I doubt
they could resist without some sort of flying lead barrier. Radiation can pass
through electrons so a "shield" won't work. :P

[View Quote] That's true, didn't you see Signs?

--Bowen--

shred

Sep 12, 2002, 2:44pm
[View Quote] Actually, no I didn't. I was told it was quite scary, and scary movies tend to freak me out for a bit :P

> Actually, no I didn't. I was told it was quite scary, and scary movies tend to
freak me out for a bit :P

LoL It's got some scarey parts near the end. :P

--Bowen--

1  2  3  4  |