Taking bets.. (General Discussion)

Taking bets.. // General Discussion

1  2  3  4  |

> You're wrong, we HAVE the freedom of speech.
> And we can't own armorments because it is a crime to do so and only violent
> ppl would want to do so anyways, and no wonder your country is full of
> violence and crime since it allows ppl to have them. Our country is much
> safer than yours because of laws against owning armorments.
> Your country's streets are full of criminal gang thugs. 769 cities. Don't
> tell me it would be a safe place to live.

*ding ding ding* We have one of the many, standard, agreed upon by majority,
European stereotypes of the US. Well Bob, tell NCC what he's won... You've won a
beautiful new pick the European out of the crowd accents and a get shot by all of the
thugs in the cities bulls-eye jacket. Brought to you by Walmart, your favorite
American Oligopoly.

--Bowen--

shred

Sep 9, 2002, 7:02pm
Please attempt to contain your message in only one posting. Take your time to say what you want to say so that you don't have to make amendments or additions to your post after you've already posted it.

[View Quote]

shred

Sep 9, 2002, 7:07pm
With... what, exactly? If you're going to make an annoying and pointless me-too post, then at least have the decency to quote in part or in full what the hell it is that you're referring to!

[View Quote]

johnny b uniquectatoptonline.net

Sep 9, 2002, 8:29pm
Come on Drac, you're an educated person...... do you REALLY believe that ?
We'd never "nuke" anyone for something of this magnitude.....Nuclear weapons are used as a DETERRENT
....... ( you got em, I got em, so neither one of us is gonna push the button cause we're ALL
vaporized then...... what good does THAT do?)

Have you ever noticed that we DIDN'T end up in a war with the Soviets ?
Wanna know WHY ? it's called "deterrence" THEY don't want to roast as much as WE don't........
Need I point out the cuban missile crisis in the 60's ?
Russia put nuclear ICBM's (missiles) on the island of Cuba, which just happens to be only a few
hundred miles from the coast of miami..... Kennedy said no way are we gonna stand for those
missiles that close to us and under the control of a fundamentalist dictator who kills his OWN
people at the drop of a hat..... and did you notice that Kruschev took the same missiles OUT of
Cuba shortly after all the "saber rattling" ? Makes me think he really didn't want to go to war
with the US as much as we didnt want to...

Kinda sounds like Saddam to me...... how bout you ? you want THAT idiot to have nuclear weaponry ?
I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi Kurds that Saddam slaughtered and gassed during the Gulf
War (his OWN people, mind you) wouldnt think he should have nuclear weapons...... but of course they
cant speak up now....

What It boils down to is :

1: Saddam ia a menace...... a madman bent on dominance of everything around him, anyone who speaks
against him ends up dead, or dead.......

2: Saddam hates the US and just about ANY other democratic country you could possibly name..... and
would LOVE to enact his own "vengeance" apon anything american or even remotely american-like

3: Saddam IS and HAS BEEN supporting terrorist activities for YEARS now.... and that INCLUDES
supporting the Al Qaida bunch...... this is a simple known fact...

Had you forgotten the terrorist attack just a few weeks ago in germany ? some scumbag nutcase
bombed a SCHOOL...... full of KIDS ........ what the hell kind of danger to the wacko islamic
militant fundamentalists does a school full of kids in germany pose ?? And what PURPOSE did it
serve ?....
Can you explain the justification for that attack ? I cant......

(note I said wacko islamic "Militant Fundamentalists" for anyone who'd think I was generalizing
against islamic peoples in general)

Yet has Germany done anything about it ? Russia ? France ? Germany alone has a pretty damn fine
standing army of their own..... wouldnt require any deep thinking to entertain the thought that
they could demolish Iraq without too much trouble themselves.....

Essentially the core of the problem is this........ We can NOT tolerate terrorism....Period.....
nor can we tolerate anyone or any nation that tolerates terrorism...... ESPECIALLY if that nation
SUPPORTS those same terrorist groups with food, money, training or whatever ...... Terrorism is NOT
accecptable... period

If the rest of the world wants to sit back on their lazy pacifistic asses and let this continue,
fine..... we will not..... We do not take the idea of some idiots blowing up and killing innocent
people so lightly as the rest of the europeans seem to....

Perhaps if the September 11th attacks happened in YOUR countries, you'd feel a wee bit
different.......

If you wont do something about it, we will........ Plain and simple

Do you see only with your eyes, CD? I think you see the United States as
some wannabe benevolent government bestowing peace and prosperity among the
democratic nations, and woe to those who aren't democratic, because damn it,
it's just not American.

In reality they're just saving their own skin. Screw the World.

The US is trying to prevent another cold war. And they AREN'T going to use
nukes to do it, unlike popular rumor over in Europe seems to be suggesting.

"I have seen none
proof of Saddam planning to nuke USA. The fact that he hates it does not
make it a plan to nuke it."

I have seen none of the proof of Saddam planning to nuke the USA. The fact
that he hates it does not mean he _won't_ make it a plan to nuke it. Hence,
defensive measure. The word defense means to protect. You cannot protect
someone by sitting in a trench waiting for the other side to strike. So
don't give me this "attacking first is offensive" crap. Yes, it is
offensive, but it is primarily a defensive action. There you get aggressive
defensive measure.

"Personally I think one could reach much more with diplomacy, but seems the
president of USA has none such skills"

Could it possibly be that Saddam doesn't want to bother with diplomacy? He
has been attempting to foster anti-US sentiment for years, not make peace.
Why do you point fingers only at the US for failing to be diplomatic? I
think they actually have already. Or do you forget the previous
administration's support of the UN Inspectors program? Do you forget the
thrice (and possibley more) almost-peace deals brokered between Palestine
and Israel, only to have one of them screw it up?

"If you need to fight,
fight with the canadians or mexicans, that would make more sense, but on the
other hand you cannot do that because then you might have to spill some
blood on your own ground."

Neither Vicente Fox nor Xenophon Scoufaras (right spelling, name?) aren't
leaders who kill their friends, sons, and daughters in front of the mass
public. They're not insane. They're not openly hating the United States'
and saying when it has the chance, the first thing it will do is attack its
interests. As much as many people wish to stay out of the affairs of
others, you forget that the world is increasingly gravitating towards a
global economy. It is change, and in my opinion, its somewhat unwelcome.
But I digress. With that change comes greater responsibility. Europe
tarried during World War II, and they are still tarrying. If noone else
will stand up for what is right and take out a madman that is oppressing his
own people, and soon to be others (or do you forget Kuwait as well?), then
once again it falls to the United States. But they aren't doing it for you.

Hated, unloved, and in a thankless job. Gee, no wonder so many Americans
have no qualms about telling everyone else to go screw themselves. Most
Americans support their country, and they will say so. It may make us look
arrogant, but just you keep in mind that you're contributing to that just as
much as Americans are.

To presume that any one country or block of countries has the right to order
another how to behave is a travesty indeed. But it's is even more shameful
that most countries, nay, Europe in general would rather wish to mind its
own business and not get caught up in the affairs of war over some measly
ethical issue, or more selfishly, to protect their own hides.

If nobody polices the world, who will? Because if there is no police force
in this day and age, then others will rise like Saddam. You can't go back
to the 1800's, where the neighboring country was like some far off land.
The development of war and transportation can speed death and destruction
worldwide in a heartbeat. Er go, a global peacekeeping force is required in
this day and age. But the United States isn't that force, nor does it want
to be. That, unfortunately, is the UN's job. America is only looking after
itself.

So keep to your own affairs if you like, forget the lessons taught you in
World War 2, and someday the affairs of others that you don't particularly
want hanging on your doorstep will suddenly come a'knocking. Telling others
to keep to their own affairs is slightly hypocritic, don't you agree?

But the Bush Administration isn't defending you. It's quite obvious most of
Europe doesn't want any defense. So, keep your own affairs, and America
will tend to theirs. Because when it gets down to it, we're all just trying
to save our own skins.

Chris

The best defense is a good offense comes to mind.

--Bowen--

the joker ss

Sep 9, 2002, 9:02pm
he said he agreed complete lol , doesnt that says enough
"shred" <alexraven at 1starnet.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7d0dab at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> With... what, exactly? If you're going to make an annoying and pointless
me-too post, then at least have the decency to quote in part or in full what
the hell it is that you're referring to!

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Sep 9, 2002, 9:03pm
everyone who wants war is either sick or doesnt know what war is

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7d27ba at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The best defense is a good offense comes to mind.
>
> --Bowen--

shred

Sep 9, 2002, 9:10pm
No, it doesn't says enough.

No one wants war, they just want to insure they don't get attacked while they're
vunerable. There's other reasons for wars besides that. One of them would be to
gain independence, a revolution. I'm sure there's other valid reasons to go to war,
but that's the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

--Bowen--

> everyone who wants war is either sick or doesnt know what war is

the joker ss

Sep 9, 2002, 9:56pm
none reason none , i dont wanan say you should see a war , it aint fun , but
to give an idea how horible it is , the USA knows how bad 9/11 hurted , now
imagine this goes on for months and years everyday , all day , in the whole
country , imagine how many innocent ppl would die then

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7d2b94$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> No one wants war, they just want to insure they don't get attacked while
they're
> vunerable. There's other reasons for wars besides that. One of them
would be to
> gain independence, a revolution. I'm sure there's other valid reasons to
go to war,
> but that's the only one that comes to mind at the moment.
>
> --Bowen--

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 9, 2002, 9:58pm
You think if the United States attacks Iraq, they won't respond?

> none reason none , i dont wanan say you should see a war , it aint fun , but
> to give an idea how horible it is , the USA knows how bad 9/11 hurted , now
> imagine this goes on for months and years everyday , all day , in the whole
> country , imagine how many innocent ppl would die then

Are you trying to incur my sympathy for what goes on in some of these bass ackward
countries? Or are you trying to get my sympath for starting the war? But then you
need to realize 99.9% of Americans don't feel the need to fight Iraq.

Personally, if they wanted to avoid a war, they shouldn't have built the weapons in
the first place. It makes them no better than those that stop them from doing it.

In the case of Afghanistan, they couldn't. :)

Chris

[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Sep 10, 2002, 12:02am
Then you must be too dumb to understand.

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 10, 2002, 12:22am
he expects everyone to have the message people are replying to attached..
guess he doesnt know how to tell what those littlle +'s and -'s are for
[View Quote]

shred

Sep 10, 2002, 12:24am
Ah -- no. Simply because I am not telepathic does not mean that I am stupid. Use a bit of common sense; it'll do you good.

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 10, 2002, 12:24am
theres no proof he HAS nukes but IF HE DID get them he would nuke the US in
a heartbeat...probably
[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 10, 2002, 12:26am
nah i think we should go to war but not without proof.

what i mean is with what evidence bush has right now going to war would be a
BAD idea.
but if he got proof then war would be impossible to avoid

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 10, 2002, 12:28am
hmm and where the hell did you read this?
why would we not have freedom of speech
and what do you think elections are?

[View Quote]

shred

Sep 10, 2002, 12:29am
It's simple Usenet protocol. Not everyone uses Outlook Express. By quoting relevant (and only relevant) text in your post, you not only clarify your message, you make it easier on those that use different news reading software than you do.

Oh, and that's something to be proud on?
Bombing a country that has nearly no industry is great?

Oh, what a cool guy you are.

[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Sep 10, 2002, 4:59am
It's a waste of bandwidth.

[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Sep 10, 2002, 5:02am
Don't give me this, YOU were the one going off at me for nothing in the 1st
place.

ncc 72897

Sep 10, 2002, 5:07am
It's more likely that he would use it against israil.

[View Quote]

athnex

Sep 10, 2002, 5:25am
Well said.

[View Quote]

athnex

Sep 10, 2002, 5:32am
So your saying we should just let them fly planes into buildings? First of
all, we're not at war with afganastan, wether you want to belive it or not,
we are at war agenst the terrorst that attacked America.

In my opinion, we shouldent just sit around and do nothing while they keep
killing us. There all a buncha insane wackos bent on killing every american
they can. And im sure if they where out to kill brits you would feel the
same way I do.

[View Quote]

athnex

Sep 10, 2002, 5:33am
Florida has legalized handguns, its much safer there then in New York, where
hand guns are illegal.
[View Quote]

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 10, 2002, 12:21pm
Quoting what you are replying to is not a waste of bandwidth.

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 10, 2002, 12:24pm
You mean like the "War on Drugs"?

1  2  3  4  |