Perfection does not exist? (General Discussion)

Perfection does not exist? // General Discussion

1  |

katerine

Sep 3, 2002, 11:43am
I am not sure anymore:

http://www.vetorzero.com/kaya/

It is very (very!) hard to believe, but it is a 3D character, made with
Maya.

You can tell it was made by a modeler. Look at the freckle texture above the eyes,
it's stretched which assumes they messed up a little on the UVing (or whatever it's
called on Maya).

After closer examination of the movies, you can tell even more so that it's a
computer animated model. Watch how she moves, it's a very unnatural movement for
someone, especially the eyes. The hair on the eyebrows also gives it away. :)

katerine

Sep 3, 2002, 1:12pm
"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> a écrit
news:3d74c20e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
Hum.. maybe you noticed that because you knew on forehand that it was a 3d
model.
If you could cross that "woman" in the street, would you have said "not
good uvw" on the eyes ?
Animation is something else.
Anyway I never saw a character so realistic.
But feel free to do better and show it to us if you can :)
Personnaly, I know my limits and I know I would not even get close :(

the eyes are also too shiney, i notice that in almost every 3d computer
generatedcharacter, it always looks like they have glass eyes, but with a
human eye its diffrent,

oh, and dont know about you guys, but i have never seen teeth with dots on
them :)

P.S dont anybody go saying shit like "unless you can do better shut up" cuz
thats just pathetic!diffrent people do diffrent things...

ive seen much better! havent you played warcraft 3? see the introductionary
movie clip? see the part where it shows only the kings face, and hes
shouting something? well that there is the greatest 3d model ever! it has
every wrinkle and freakle sort of modeled on

I must say, that's definitely an excellent model if it was just done
with Maya and no in-house post-production. Just watch, in about 5 or 10
years, things like Final Fantasy and all the other attempts at "real"
human models will look cheap compared to what's in store, especially
once it trickles down to the consumer market. :)

Now he remembers why he got involved with 3D in the first place! :D
robrod at prism.net

lol 10 years? wait 10 months. especially since 3ds max 5 just came out, and
there is also a new maya coming soon i believe. and both have tremendous
improvements, or so i read :)