C&C - The Ring (General Discussion)

C&C - The Ring // General Discussion

1  |

shred

Aug 26, 2002, 12:45am
This one was found by Tony M. If you've read or seen the first part of Lord of the Rings, you should appreciate this :-)

--

Recently one of my friends, a computer wizard, paid me a visit. As we were talking I mentioned that I had recently installed Windows on my PC, I told him how happy I was with this operating system and showed him the Windows CD. Too my astonishment and distress he threw it into my micro-wave oven and turned it on. I was upset because the CD had become precious to me, but he said: 'Do not worry, it is unharmed.' After a few minutes he took the CD out, gave it to me and said: 'Take a close look at it.' To my surprise the CD was quite cold and it seemed to have become thicker and heavier than before. At first I could not see anything, but on the inner edge of the central hole I saw an inscription, in lines finer than anything I have ever seen before. The inscription shone piercingly bright, and yet remote, as if out of a great depth:

4F6E65204F5320746F2072756C65207468656D20616C6C2C204F6E65204F5320746F
2066696E64207468656D2C0D0A4F6E65204F5320746F206272696E67207468656D20
616C6C20616E6420696E20746865206461726B6E6573732062696E64207468656D

'I cannot read the fiery letters,' I said.

'No,' he said, 'but I can. The letters are Hex, of an ancient mode, but the language is that of Microsoft, which I shall not utter here. But in common English this is what it says:'

One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

dion

Aug 26, 2002, 11:59am
LOL :-D

"shred" <alexraven at diespambots.1starnet.com> wrote in
news:3D6990D7.7050108 at diespambots.1starnet.com:

> This one was found by Tony M. If you've read or seen the first part of
> Lord of the Rings, you should appreciate this :-)

Nice one ;-))

LoL that's so silly. Don't put CD's in the microwave either... I know
there'll be one person dumb enough to put their windows95 CD in to see if
it's true.

--Bowen--

shred

Aug 26, 2002, 2:38pm
It's *supposed* to be silly. It's a *joke*. And if anyone does indeed put a CD into their microwave, they deserve what's coming to them. If they aren't bright enough to see something so obvious for what it is... well, just let the problem get rid of itself =P

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 26, 2002, 3:01pm
I wonder what would happen... *chucks a win95 CD in the micro*

.... kaboom?

Chris

Supposedly there's cyanide in CD's... but I think they fixed that with newer
ones. The cyanide only comes out through a microwave reaction (in lethal
amounts) because of the small enclosed space and the high amount of heat and
water being moved around.

anduin

Aug 26, 2002, 7:56pm
An identity claiming to be known as "bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> scribed the following <3d6a54a9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>LoL that's so silly. Don't put CD's in the microwave either... I know
>there'll be one person dumb enough to put their windows95 CD in to see if
>it's true.

Right, that's it... I'm going to a retail store and chucking a CD in to check the microwave. And wouldn't it create small lightning strikes like what happened when I put a nutella glass in the microwave cause 'someone' left it in the fridge? (btw, nutella cans have metal around the rim from where you take off the cover).

Should be an interesting show.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> wrote in
news:3d6a7588$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Supposedly there's cyanide in CD's... but I think they fixed that with
> newer ones. The cyanide only comes out through a microwave reaction
> (in lethal amounts) because of the small enclosed space and the high
> amount of heat and water being moved around.

Neat... *puts microwave oven and generator on trolley, puts old CD in
pocket* *goes to bank* *turns generator on* *puts CD in microwave*
*threatens to fry it and open the door* :-))

Well it'd have to be one small bank and you'd have to be nearby the oven. Most
people put it in the kitchen at eye level (or lower) so it was pretty dangerous to
kill those old AOL 5 CD's in there. I think that's how someone died by it.

shred

Aug 27, 2002, 4:26pm
I was under the impression that AOL CDs were meant to be used as coasters for one's coffee table. I never thought of cooking them...

> I was under the impression that AOL CDs were meant to be used as coasters for one's
coffee table. I never thought of cooking them...

I use them for arrow targets.

--Bowen--

anduin

Aug 27, 2002, 10:03pm
An identity claiming to be known as "bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> scribed the following <3d6bdb6d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>coffee table. I never thought of cooking them...
>
>I use them for arrow targets.

They make good frisbees...

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |

ncc 72897

Aug 28, 2002, 11:29am
That's what I do with old and misburned CDs.
There are alot of old CDs on the adjacent parking lot and neighbouring
house's backyards. ROFL