we should... (General Discussion)

we should... // General Discussion

1  |

maki

Aug 25, 2002, 10:18pm
Start a petition to have object rotation/rotate command enabled in
alphaworld :-) It'd be easier than <removed*>...everyone wants it...why
not? Screw history... ;-)

maki www.awmaki.com
*current working code removed to prevent peering awi employee eyes from
seeing o.O

If by "history", you're referring to the history of petitions and the
fact that they do squat, then I would say you can't "screw history", no
matter how much you want to. :P

Still, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that they were going to get
rid of the whole special commands BS and open up everything. (Though,
that could also be more wishful thinking) I was talking to Brant about
it a little while ago, and he claims that AWTeen has *never* had a
move/rotate related vandalism problem EVER. And you'd think that would
be the *first* place where such trouble would arise!

[View Quote] > Start a petition to have object rotation/rotate command enabled in
> alphaworld :-) It'd be easier than <removed*>...everyone wants it...why
> not? Screw history... ;-)
>

> maki www.awmaki.com
> *current working code removed to prevent peering awi employee eyes from
> seeing o.O

Stranger things have happened... haven't they?
robrod at prism.net

pc hamster

Aug 26, 2002, 3:33am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yep!! You're right Goober. Just look at the DOZENS of 'em trying to make
FILE SHARING legal (and the Recording Industry's response to the issue and
you'd see what we Live365 Broadcasters are up against.

NOT a pretty picture..... :-(

> Still, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that they were going to get
> rid of the whole special commands BS and open up everything. (Though,
> that could also be more wishful thinking) I was talking to Brant about
> it a little while ago, and he claims that AWTeen has *never* had a
> move/rotate related vandalism problem EVER. And you'd think that would
> be the *first* place where such trouble would arise!

Umm.....You haven't seen some small, isolated sections of AlphaWorld have
you??? Tom Huxton, Indecoticas and I all know of one such place. Right
guys??? :-(

Granted, AW isn't a 3.3 world like AWTeen is, but just take the problems of
AWTeen and multiply them by a factor of AT LEAST two and you have
AlphaWorld.

However though, these "builds" (thankfully!) encompass less than .01 percent
of all the towns and other builds on AlphaWorld, which, coupled with the
fact that AW is only about 12% full, would make AlphaWorld ideal for
upgrading.

The problem is that certain people do NOT want to see AlphaWorld upgraded.
They *claim* it's in the name of HISTORY, but I'm sure even Mountain Myst
(Kellee) knows that this argument can't hold up for much longer.

In fact Kellee, wasn't it you who called for the REMOVAL of AlphaWorld some
several months back??? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

I *still* think Al;phaWorld CAN be upgraded, but ONLY if people would allow
the axis to make this possible.

Please feel free on any of the details, however I stand by the base argument
that AlphaWorld CAN be upgraded. :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster

the derek

Aug 26, 2002, 4:24am
you'd see what we Live365 Broadcasters are up against.

i dont see whats the reocrding history's problem is? lol should we ban VCRs
so we cant copy movies?

> Still, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that they were going to get
> rid of the whole special commands BS and open up everything. (Though,
> that could also be more wishful thinking) I was talking to Brant about
> it a little while ago, and he claims that AWTeen has *never* had a
> move/rotate related vandalism problem EVER. And you'd think that would
> be the *first* place where such trouble would arise!

Well, could it be Brant's lying? I saw some rotation vandelisim by dozens
of tourists (of course it's a tourist so why report it). Just because it's
not reported doesn't mean it's never happened.

--Bowen--

agent1

Aug 26, 2002, 11:46am
File sharing *is* legal... I don't know what you're talking about. If you
mean copying copyrighted music and distributing it without permission from
the artist/record company, then say so.

dion

Aug 26, 2002, 11:57am
They were originally going to be banned. Went to the supreme court with it
and everything. We won that one. The same thing happened when the CDRW and
DVDRW was created. It didn't hold up though. :-P

The point is, the fact that it was never reported means that it's not a
problem. Like you said, if all it is was tourist stuff, that can be
easily deleted. Now, if a ton of citizens were doing it, don't you think
it would be reported after a while? :P

And why would Brant lie about such a thing? The discussion I referred to
occurred after he had stepped down from being Caretaker, and all I asked
him was "Have you ever had a problem with move/rotate in AWTeen?" It
never came up as to why I asked that question, so he had no reason to lie.

[View Quote] >
> Well, could it be Brant's lying? I saw some rotation vandelisim by dozens
> of tourists (of course it's a tourist so why report it). Just because it's
> not reported doesn't mean it's never happened.
>
> --Bowen--

Stretching for ideas in order to have something to say?
robrod at prism.net

deconstructor

Aug 27, 2002, 1:10pm
If I remember correctly, this was due to some faulty entries in AWTeen's
registry in AWTeen, not the special commands.

Deconstructor

I don't understand how that has anything to do with tourists building objects that go crazy with rotate and move and go into other's
property. Registries don't do that stuff. :P

john

Aug 27, 2002, 3:23pm
Just do

.....,,,,,;create rotate

~John

*smacks john* You idiot! Now they're going to go and fix it so that
doesn't work anymore! *grumbles about having to try more combos now*

[View Quote] > Just do

> ....,,,,,;create rotate
>
> ~John

Open mouth, insert foot.rwx
robrod at prism.net

rossyboy

Aug 27, 2002, 11:52pm
[View Quote] >In fact Kellee, wasn't it you who called for the REMOVAL of AlphaWorld some
>several months back??? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Eee I hope not O_O that means no more SW City ;_;

>I *still* think Al;phaWorld CAN be upgraded, but ONLY if people would allow
>the axis to make this possible.

Well we may soon be getting 3-axis object rotation if that's any
compensation... I heard AWCom is updating 3.4 and regisitries so that
it recognises enroachment on all 3 axises.

Wow. You're so mad you forgot your sig, Goober. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

shred

Open mouth, insert foot.rwx
robrod at prism.net

*blinks*

It was in the wrong place though.

*blink* What wrong place? I always put my sig at the bottom of my posts. :P

[View Quote] > It was in the wrong place though.

> KAH

Digs out Signature Handbook and looks up the chapter on "Placement"...
robrod at prism.net

"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in
news:3D6D2AF1.2080703 at utn.cjb.net:

> *blink* What wrong place? I always put my sig at the bottom of my
> posts. :P

Your sig should be right under *your* post, not the quoting (actually, top
posting is regarded as bad in most USENET groups, but I think it's a bit
silly, even though it solves this problem). ;-))

Well then, tell that to Netscape, since it puts the sig at the bottom of
the post. Frankly, I'd rather it be there any way, since people can
easily see what you're referring to when the quote is directly beneath
what you typed, rather than having a sig get in the way. :P

[View Quote] > "goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in
> news:3D6D2AF1.2080703 at utn.cjb.net:
>

> Your sig should be right under *your* post, not the quoting (actually, top
> posting is regarded as bad in most USENET groups, but I think it's a bit
> silly, even though it solves this problem). ;-))
>
> KAH

In your face, Outlook Express! :P
robrod at prism.net

"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in
news:3D6E9FFF.8050102 at utn.cjb.net:

from Goober's sig: "In your face, Outlook Express! :P".

I hope you aren't insinuating that I'm using OE! *smacks Goober* ;-))

KAH
FYI I'm using the latest version of XNews.