<no subject> (General Discussion)

<no subject> // General Discussion

1  |

83058

Jun 30, 2002, 1:44pm
Your post has nothing to do with Active Worlds.

From: "goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu>
Subject: 7/4 - It's All About the Fireworks
Date: Sunday, June 30, 2002 1:22 AM

<snipped preachy crapola>

Hence why it was posted in General Discussion. Get a grip, Xav; you're
starting to turn into Eep. :P

And I'm not sure how this post got screwed up. My newsreader says it
came before my original post, and that *I* wrote it... How is that
possible? :P

[View Quote] > Your post has nothing to do with Active Worlds.

> From: "goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu>
> Subject: 7/4 - It's All About the Fireworks
> Date: Sunday, June 30, 2002 1:22 AM
>
> <snipped preachy crapola>

Now they complain about people *following* NE etiquette! Oy!
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

I tried to reproduce that in Andras' Test NG,
doesn't seem to work with NetScape.

Maybe Outlook uses the LAST occurance of the

that it finds, not the first one, to set the header
fields. NetScape definitely uses the first one.

That's just it. I use Netscape 6.2 as my news reader! :-/

[View Quote] > I tried to reproduce that in Andras' Test NG,
> doesn't seem to work with NetScape.
>
> Maybe Outlook uses the LAST occurance of the

> that it finds, not the first one, to set the header
> fields. NetScape definitely uses the first one.

A strange thing this technology be...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

"goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote in news:3D1FB4CC.3080203
at acsu.buffalo.edu:

> Hence why it was posted in General Discussion. Get a grip, Xav; you're
> starting to turn into Eep. :P
>
> And I'm not sure how this post got screwed up. My newsreader says it
> came before my original post, and that *I* wrote it... How is that
> possible? :P

The reason is that 8blah thinks he lives in the 19th century, his post is
dated 30th of December 1899... My newsreader (XNews) doesn't confuse it,
but it did mess up the order of messages by putting the thread at the start
of the messages without the first post.

Hmm... it displays the date correctly in my newsreader... I'll just
chalk it up as a fluke and move on. :P

[View Quote] > "goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote in news:3D1FB4CC.3080203
> at acsu.buffalo.edu:
>

> The reason is that 8blah thinks he lives in the 19th century, his post is
> dated 30th of December 1899... My newsreader (XNews) doesn't confuse it,
> but it did mess up the order of messages by putting the thread at the start
> of the messages without the first post.
>
> KAH

Why is it flukes alwaysh happen to *him*?
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu