24 7 Posts (General Discussion)

24 7 Posts // General Discussion

1  |

a1cttourist5

May 4, 2002, 12:58pm
I have Made some cool videos Advertising AW and other. I have other videos
at AWTeen 1081S 1947W
http://projectc.cjb.net/aw/awvideo2.wmv
http://207.59.10.4/~vstudios/carl/aw/awvideo.wmv

Besure to check out AirTV, like ABN but it only runs part of the day and
only refreshes every 60 seconds. Because of the program Im using. Please If
anyone knows or finds a free program that can do more please let me know.
Thankscreate picture http://airtv.tripod.com/airtv.jpg update=30 Air TV is
not running at this time, I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Psalm 32:1 :-)

"a1cttourist5" <pineriver at thenett.com> wrote in
news:3cd3f6fa at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have Made some cool videos Advertising AW and other. I have other
> videos at AWTeen 1081S 1947W
> http://projectc.cjb.net/aw/awvideo2.wmv
> http://207.59.10.4/~vstudios/carl/aw/awvideo.wmv
>
> Besure to check out AirTV, like ABN but it only runs part of the day
> and only refreshes every 60 seconds. Because of the program Im using.
> Please If anyone knows or finds a free program that can do more please
> let me know. Thankscreate picture http://airtv.tripod.com/airtv.jpg
> update=30 Air TV is not running at this time, I'm still trying to get
> the hang of it.

Why do you have it update every 30 seconds when it only updates every 60
seconds? :-)) use update=60 instead, it'll save your and the people
watching's bandwidth.

KAH

a1cttourist5

May 5, 2002, 12:44pm
My bad you update=10 seconds I Havent found a prgram that can auto update.
So when Im recording something live I upload the jpg manually. Before I used
a program that updated=60 , I told you to update=30 because not to miss a
frame If I used importer frames. It's kinda confusing. but now it is
update=10.

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

May 5, 2002, 12:47pm
Dose Any one know Were I can Download a Program, That Lets me upload files
in a timed order? So that when I schedule files to be uploaded they will do
it at the times I have marked, they will upload on the server the same name
as the one before it? Sorta like ABN and how they do upload there jpp

andras

May 5, 2002, 3:38pm
[View Quote] Well...... if you really need one, email to me and I'll write one for you.

Andras

aw

May 5, 2002, 4:03pm
Not to criticize your idea, but you would be better off if you have remote
access to a server to do some scripting or php as mentioned earlier on the
server end to rotate files. That way your files can be stored on the server
to eliminate repetitious uploading of the same files periodically, reduce
bandwidth, and have an overall more stable system (not to mention it could
run all the time as long as the server was up all the time). There is a php
script someone wrote, I forgot if it's public or not and where it was, that
let's you do this from the server end. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking
about and can help you further with this idea if you think it might be
something you would like to do :) Obviously this idea wouldn't work on a
service like geocities, etc that was intended for webpages only, so this may
not even help you depending on where you are uploading to.

AW

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

May 5, 2002, 4:11pm
Yes That would be grate idea, but I do not know how I would do a php script.

[View Quote]

andras

May 5, 2002, 7:09pm
http://andras.net/tools/ftptimer.zip

Andras

ur stuffed then ^_^

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

May 6, 2002, 6:23pm
Dose anyonk of a good maping program tool?
Where you can map out worlds? Or lots?

maki

May 6, 2002, 6:31pm
Ptolemy who does world mapping does small towns and cities, but he does it
all by flying over, taking pics, and smushing them together in psp :-)

--
maki [sonystyle]

"a1cttourist5" <pineriver at thenett.com> wrote in
news:3cd6e631$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Dose anyonk of a good maping program tool?
> Where you can map out worlds? Or lots?

Andras's MapView (requires propdump and registry) is a very good mapper.
http://andras.net

KAH

a1cttourist5

May 7, 2002, 5:08pm
Yea but how do I do a propdump and registry?

[View Quote]

silenced

May 7, 2002, 5:11pm
Xelagots do it quite well if you choose the propdump format instead of the
Xelagot format. http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xelagot_x1.html

For registries, you need to have all the models on your computer.. and use
Andras' beautiful registry generator.
http://www.andras.net/tools.html#reggen

Good luck. ;)

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

May 7, 2002, 7:18pm
AirTV Is Up What is AirTV? AirTv is a Tv station that updates every 10
seconds that brings you Live events, Recorded events, news, weather,
adds...AirTv dose not run 24\7 it dose run about 10 hours per day.
create picture http://airtv2.b0x.com/airtv.jpg update=10

a1cttourist5

May 7, 2002, 7:45pm
I know nothing about Xelagots. Can I do it on a prestion? And If not how can
I chuse propdump format instead of the
Xelagot format?

[View Quote]

silenced

May 7, 2002, 7:59pm
Oh it's a long complicated process.. I think it's documented on his site
somewhere. I can't remember exactly but good luck (don't think you can do
it with prestons, although not sure)

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

"silenced" <nospam at privacy.com> wrote in
news:3cd84e53$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Oh it's a long complicated process.. I think it's documented on his
> site somewhere. I can't remember exactly but good luck (don't think
> you can do it with prestons, although not sure)
>
> --Bowen--

Actually, it's dead easy, after you survey the area, you choose save as
propdump from the menu and there you go, you've got your propdump. BTW
registries for AW, Mars and some other AWC worlds are available on the AWC
download page.

KAH

a1cttourist5

May 8, 2002, 11:01pm
Ok ppl my server crashed on air tv so the new url is create picture
http://airtvalive.b0x.com/airtv.jpg update=10 sorry for the confusion

AC, id be closing down already if i were u, u might get a 0.5% viewing
audience when ABN comes back, but nothing more, lol

-Mark