Download Site (General Discussion)

Download Site // General Discussion

1  |

zeo toxion

Apr 12, 2002, 10:32pm
I was looking around download.com today and was bored so looked to see if AW
was on there (I knew it was). After reading the description and comments I
started laughing. These are people that are new to AW and have downloaded
and tried it once. Yes its 3.2. You should hear the description. It's kind
of outdated now but that's bad for them because new users see trial and
might not download it.

http://download.com.com/3000-2150-8168886.html?tag=lst-0-11

About 99% of the comments are saying do not download it because they are
just trying to get your money. Other people are coming in and saying its
only $20 a year when its not anymore. You can tell that people think the
software is awesome but the price is not. I'm sure they would've played the
old price for it. Its pathetic that they are driving away even more users
that coud've been paying customers.

Take a look at this line:

"You can explore more than 2000 unique worlds..."

Uh....figures...they write this when theres over half of the world
population of empty 3d homepages. The number has dropped back to its normal
number within a month.

So i suggest you update it at least and take a look at what these potential
customers are saying. But of course we all know they probably won't even
read this message in the first place nevermidn follow it....

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

zeo toxion

Apr 12, 2002, 10:33pm
And i just realized how they said over 2000 UNIQUE worlds! How can half of
the world with pre-built templates be UNIQUE!

[View Quote]

sonystyle

Apr 13, 2002, 2:15am
lol :-)
[View Quote]

jerme

Apr 13, 2002, 4:22am
have you seen the growing list of "aw3d" worlds? There's 60 of them now...
so, no one can get in them.. God only knows what they use them for... lol

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker

sonystyle

Apr 13, 2002, 4:34am
lol, I always wondered what those were about...must be their secret little
testing areas, hehe :P
[View Quote]

carlbanks

Apr 13, 2002, 5:05am
Yeah. Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! AW has around 500 of their own Worlds.

[View Quote]

the joker ss o

Apr 13, 2002, 10:43am
its to test all different setups of new world server and uniserver i guess ,
to see if there are bugs and run stable .

"carlbanks" <virtualcarlbanks at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3cb7ca9e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yeah. Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! AW has around 500 of their own Worlds.

Apr 13, 2002, 11:06am
and to test out new objects, but couldn't they operate it in a separate test
universe not to bloat AW's world count instead... and I think those aw3d
worlds are the artists' worlds, where they build new worlds before opening
them.

robbie

Apr 13, 2002, 12:08pm
Even Rick himself recommends it on the 4th page of comments, lol.

-Robbie