Re: Encryption (was Re: LogBot v2.23 FINAL) (General Discussion)

Re: Encryption (was Re: LogBot v2.23 FINAL) // General Discussion

1  |

swampthing

Dec 23, 2001, 5:31pm
Btw, the problem isn't that you can decrypt the log as you can already do that with the "logbot".

IMHO, ideally you should be able to read the "tamper proof" chat log, and just be able to verify the authenticity. That is, you get
a "fake" or "ok" result when verifying...

There is a bot that does this already, but I'm not sure if the verifier was ever created.

"agent1" <Agent1 at my.activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3c261807$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well, I would think that if the algorithm has been published and the bot has the key *in* it's executable, it's as good as
plaintext to someone who really wants to decrypt it :)