NG's (General Discussion)

NG's // General Discussion

1  |

brandon a@b.com

Oct 29, 2001, 1:38pm
Apparently i was blocked from using the newsgroups for saying f*** off. Come
on!, people swear all the time in these newsgroups! I e-mailed them and they
said i "violated newsgroups rules" or something. Does anyone know about
these rules? I sure didn't know there was any rules to this newsgroups and
if there was no one told me about them. So now they aren't responding to me
and won't even tell me why i was blocked or for how long and it just pisses
me off how easy AW can piss of their (paying) citezin's without even
blinking. Especially when without us aw wouldn't be here.

So i had to chnage my name to post this.

Cozmo

flagg

Oct 29, 2001, 1:58pm
Hi Cozmo,

Your account was removed from these NG's for its use of vulgarity in a
direct attack on another customer in the "wishlist" NG.

Unfortunately your right to post here under that account will not be
returned.

I hope with the account you are using now you will be able to be more
respectful of the other (paying) citizens that use this NG as well.

I'm not sure where you e-mailed, but if you have any specific questions I
will be more than happy to answer them for you. Tom at activeworlds.com

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

sorry for saying this, but the NG Charter has been brought up
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times while you were active in these NGs that
I'm surprised you didn't know!

brandon a@b.com

Oct 29, 2001, 3:52pm
in the year i've been here i've never seen it once

[View Quote]

brandon a@b.com

Oct 29, 2001, 3:57pm
that is reeeeeeaaaaally retarted.......the rules should at least be on a
website or something. Well anyways....it's not like i'm the only person that
did that and i didn't even get warned or anything and i don't think being
blocked forever is fair. As for this account i'm not using it in the
newsgroups becuase this is not my AW name it's a spare cit. So good bye all.
After this i'm not sure i like aw's way of treating it's users.

[View Quote]

brandon a@b.com

Oct 29, 2001, 3:57pm
and maybe it was brought up but i've never actually seen it

Spoiled. That's what you are. Is your idea of treating users fairly to let
them do whatever they want to do as long as it doesn't get in the way of
someone else doing what they want to do? The very notion is insane and
counter-productive.
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

anduin lothario

Oct 29, 2001, 5:13pm
Kah,

You didn't even know about any charters until your message was replied =
to back in August... That isn't so long ago now is it?

--=20
(Remove "NOSPAM." from my e-mail to reply!)

[View Quote]

flagg

Oct 29, 2001, 6:05pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

On 10/5/01 I made a post in the community NG called "people value". I
described my intention to monitor and remove any user who made direct
attacks against other customers through vulgarity and viciousness. A total
of 7 accounts have been removed since I made that post. I have included my

Many customers have expressed to me their dislike of our NG's and the
negative vibe that it emanates. On 10/5/01 I made a commitment to them that
our newsgroups would be a safe place to exchange information again. I will
use every tool available to ensure I keep my commitment.

I encourage everyone to contact their AW buddies and encourage them to come
back to the newsgroups and to enjoy the friendly free flow of information
they are meant to provide and I would like to ensure them that we are doing
our part to keep this part of the cyber neighborhood a clean and friendly
place.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

"People Value"
Posted 10/5/01

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The newsgroups you are now reading are here for the entire Activeworlds
community. They are meant as a place for the users of our software to get
help with problems and issues relating to Activeworlds. They are also here
to help our community get to know one another and plan events and projects
for inside Activeworlds. They are not and never have been designed as a
soap box for people to wage private vendettas against one another and it
also is not a place where you should have to worry about being attacked
through vulgarity and viciousness.

Now the personal attacks and vulgarity must stop. If you use our newsgroups
to wage a personal war or to attack other users you may have your right to
post here suspended indefinitely without warning.

The Activeworlds users reading this post now can rest assured that these
newsgroups will be used for the sole purpose of sharing information, ideas
and feedback in a pleasant and polite manner for all users, newbies or old
timers, and that we will not allow vulgar attacks against our customers.
Thank you...

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

agent1

Oct 29, 2001, 6:52pm
It's been on AW's site for as long as I've been a registered citizen (Back in Nov 99, I believe).

http://www.activeworlds.com/community/terms.asp is the current URL.

-Agent1

"brandon" <a at b.com> whined in message news:3bdda68e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> that is reeeeeeaaaaally retarted.......the rules should at least be on a website or something.

hmmm, what are you talking about? I knew the charter well before that, you
should get some evidence of that in my older posts, and how could you know
if I knew it or not anyway? telepathy perhaps?

KAH
PS. no offence...

[View Quote] You didn't even know about any charters until your message was replied to
back in August... That isn't so long ago now is it?

--
(Remove "NOSPAM." from my e-mail to reply!)

that's your fault buddy, it even was posted several times by Tony M (Tony56
previously) with a post subject reading community newsgroup charter, so you
have no excuse.

Isn't it weird that some people _need_ such a written
rule for their communication?

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

xanlar

Oct 30, 2001, 7:46pm
That's where you were? Try lookin here! F***in wow! You see that post made
by swe? That, by FAR, had the most curses I've ever seen in a post, or in
all of AW without someone just flooding the screen! People just gotta learn
the "alternatives" for cusses.
--
XanLar

brandon a@b.com

Oct 30, 2001, 8:07pm
ya he was cursing but i said F*** You whicth is supposvly an attack. But i
really hate it when someone starts complaining over my opinion and start
saying things like "Thats all teenagers do is complain...". I mean, come
on!, i can't say my opinion without some idiots thinking it was wrong. So
what if i was a little bit rude in my post, that doesn't mean in wasn't
productive.