Re: Struct... // Sdk

1  |

edward sumerfield

Aug 6, 1999, 12:58pm
The way I eventually simplified this include business is to put all the AWCPP
include files into one AWCPP.hpp file. By doing this I loose a little compile
performance, including files that aren't always necessary, but I am assured that
I have all the correct include files in the appropriate order. There is nothing
more tedious, to my mind, than chasing down include file dependency problems.

I am not sure which version of AWCPP you are using Tom but the latest version,
0.4, has AWCPP.hpp included into AvatarMe.C. The AWCPP.hpp file contains the
appropriate Avatar.hpp and AvatarMe.hpp include files.

If I had a perfect object model it should tell me which classes were dependent
on which other classes. It just seems like so much work to go through all that
when one can put them all in one file. It is also a simplification for people
who wish to use the AWCPP.lib. They just have one include to add to their code
to allow them to use any of the classes.

In thirteen years of programming I have never been happy with my include file
strategies.

[View Quote] > what about including both .hpp file in your avatarme.c. ?