Terrorism in AW (General Discussion)

Terrorism in AW // General Discussion

1  |

griffin page

Sep 16, 2001, 12:37am
Hello All

It seems that Active Worlds has been under attack by terrorism as
well as the world. Some of us remember 1998, known as the summer of
vandalism. Eternal Drifter roamed AW, and until he was finally ridden
of AW was a scary unsafe place. Nowadays, its true that things have
gotten better, but terrorism and vandalism still affects Active Worlds
as we speak. Radon is the big one right now, and he should be ridden of
as soon as possible. Its funny, because i used to know him, in fact i
literally grew up in his old world Utopia. AW needs to melt together
like America has. People need to stop fighting and bickering, and a
group of some kind needs to be supported by AWCorp to rid of
terrorists/vandals of AW. If AWCorp cannot do this, we need to resort
to new leadership (program ownership), or someone needs to create a
universe independent of AW with a supportive leadership. This is the
dream of Active Worlds, and we need to bring it about! Let Active
Worlds unite as one and create a virtual Utopia for all. Just an idea,
a base on which Active Worlds should become.

-ReyemNiffirg
Also known as Sir Gwydion.

wing.

Sep 16, 2001, 1:09am
I'd hardly call this terrorism. Radon is a child, plain and simple.

[View Quote]

internal affairs

Sep 16, 2001, 2:14am
You are lucky you don't know the meaning of "terrorism". I saw it for my own
eyes today and it is not something to joke about.

I apologize in advance if this post seems somewhat cryptic. It's late at
night.

If the definition of the word terrorism in Active Worlds is anything that
involves destruction of property, then I concur. AW needs to unite. But
calling for new leadership isn't going to accomplish that. All they do is
oversee the software. They contribute to the community, but as far as I
know the community itself is unmanaged (or unmanagable ;)). There's not
much any community leader can do to prevent terrorism, seeing as there is no
leader. But there's always the programmers that can help that to some
extent.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 16, 2001, 1:46pm
I'm all for that idea...

BUT as you go on with that idea... Here are some sample universes you
might like to look at first.

http://www.outerworlds.com = FREE AW like browser
fairly big universe with a total of 80+ worlds

http://www.dreamlandpark.com = FREE AW like browser
the next big sized universe with about 30 total worlds.
the beauty of this universe is that you can purchase the worlds and you
can host or get them to host or anyone else to host. You can do what
you do in AW. The worlds cost about the exact same price almost as
AW's... AND it is small enough that almost anything is a new and fresh
idea there. EVEN if you were to BOT COPY something it is a still new
and untried thing there. That universe is founded on Family Values,
Entertainment, FUN, Music and is why it's one of my favorites to be in
next to Outerworlds Universe.

"griffin page" <metallicat827 at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3BA40E9D.EFE9CD13 at yahoo.com:

> Hello All
>
> It seems that Active Worlds has been under attack by terrorism as
> well as the world. Some of us remember 1998, known as the summer of
> vandalism. Eternal Drifter roamed AW, and until he was finally
> ridden of AW was a scary unsafe place. Nowadays, its true that
> things have gotten better, but terrorism and vandalism still affects
> Active Worlds as we speak. Radon is the big one right now, and he
> should be ridden of as soon as possible. Its funny, because i used
> to know him, in fact i literally grew up in his old world Utopia. AW
> needs to melt together like America has. People need to stop
> fighting and bickering, and a group of some kind needs to be
> supported by AWCorp to rid of terrorists/vandals of AW. If AWCorp
> cannot do this, we need to resort to new leadership (program
> ownership), or someone needs to create a universe independent of AW
> with a supportive leadership. This is the dream of Active Worlds,
> and we need to bring it about! Let Active Worlds unite as one and
> create a virtual Utopia for all. Just an idea, a base on which
> Active Worlds should become.
>
> -ReyemNiffirg
> Also known as Sir Gwydion.

jfk2 builder

Sep 16, 2001, 1:54pm
AW could do more than it does. BUT all it does do is to listen to a
CORRUPT PK [cops] SYSTEM to oust good people while the PEDOPHILES[Just
In] roam freely. They are bent on getting others out while they allow
for RADON to delete things. AW is only bent on $$$ 19.95 per year for a
CIT and how much more to own a world or buy a GALAXY or buy a UNIVERSE.
That is about all AW is concerned with.

But when it comes to it's people... Those in POWER = PEDOPHILES[Just
in], RADON have full control and they know it and they know that AW
will do nothing to OUST them. So it's unfortunite that all the good
people are left with the options of starting their own UNIVERSE or
GALAXY to continue with life and let AW go into blissful PEDOPHILE
[Just In] and RADON HELL.

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at nckcn.com> wrote in
news:3ba44e4e at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I apologize in advance if this post seems somewhat cryptic. It's late
> at night.
>
> If the definition of the word terrorism in Active Worlds is anything
> that involves destruction of property, then I concur. AW needs to
> unite. But calling for new leadership isn't going to accomplish
> that. All they do is oversee the software. They contribute to the
> community, but as far as I know the community itself is unmanaged (or
> unmanagable ;)). There's not much any community leader can do to
> prevent terrorism, seeing as there is no leader. But there's always
> the programmers that can help that to some extent.
>
> SW Chris

Radon has been banned a week ago or something...

syntax

Sep 16, 2001, 2:58pm
Oh for f*ck sakes, JFK. Grow the hell up.
*filter*
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

wing.

Sep 16, 2001, 5:42pm
And came back the DAY after.

[View Quote]

xero

Sep 18, 2001, 6:00am
I support terrorism on AW.

There will be no distinction between terrorists and those who harbor and
support them. Resistance is futile.

SW Chris