Stupid Schools... (General Discussion)

Stupid Schools... // General Discussion

1  2  |

mike zimmer

Aug 17, 2001, 2:53am
I just got my Freshman Agenda book today with all the school rules in it.
Here are a couple I find "interesting".

"There will be a $1.00 fee for changing a locker combination." Yet, most of
the lockers don't even need to have a combo to open them...

"The lost and found department is in the school store." Store? Odd.

"4. Line jumping in the hot lunch line is not allowed. It is
discourteous, since the next student is just as hungry as you." Not if the
next person is a anorexic...

"15. Throwing or shooting any objects where injury could result is not
allowed." So, if no one else is in the room, can I throw a computer monitor
across the room?

"16. Fighting is prohibited by city ordinance. Parents and Police will be
contacted when fist fighting occurs." So, what if we never used our fists?

On the last page there is a multiplication table. If you need that, why are
you in High School?

I was bored tonight and was reading my useless book and decided to let you
all in on my School's stupidity. This is just the beginning, wait until
school starts! >:-D

jfk2 builder

Aug 17, 2001, 5:33am
You said you are in HIGHSCHOOL...
I have found that ALL SCHOOLS [Except for ADULT schools where you have
to PAY$$$ to take some course] are really STUPID. the only schools that
i found where anyone ever did any actual learning was SUMMER SCHOOL &
Adult Schools... All the rest... Well... No wonder today's kids
graduate from school and they have to go sell pencils on the streets of
New York... That is how DUMB they all are.

"mike zimmer" <zimmer at pitnet.net> wrote in
news:3b7ca339 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I just got my Freshman Agenda book today with all the school rules in
> it. Here are a couple I find "interesting".
>
> "There will be a $1.00 fee for changing a locker combination." Yet,
> most of the lockers don't even need to have a combo to open them...
>
> "The lost and found department is in the school store." Store? Odd.
>
> "4. Line jumping in the hot lunch line is not allowed. It is
> discourteous, since the next student is just as hungry as you." Not
> if the next person is a anorexic...
>
> "15. Throwing or shooting any objects where injury could result
> is not allowed." So, if no one else is in the room, can I throw a
> computer monitor across the room?
>
> "16. Fighting is prohibited by city ordinance. Parents and Police
> will be contacted when fist fighting occurs." So, what if we never
> used our fists?
>
> On the last page there is a multiplication table. If you need that,
> why are you in High School?
>
> I was bored tonight and was reading my useless book and decided to
> let you all in on my School's stupidity. This is just the beginning,
> wait until school starts! >:-D

chucks party

Aug 17, 2001, 10:16am
oh well, just sit there for 4 years and try to pretend like you are actually
learning something new, which you won't either, Highschool in the U.S. is such a
waste of time, lol

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 17, 2001, 10:18am
LOL didn't even read your post 1st before I replied, ain't that the truth JFK,
LOL It's so pathetic. Take your GED kids and start college cause Highschool is a
waste of time, LOL

LMAO, I love the USA! You can have a small laugh at the Code of Conduct too
;-))

birdmike

Aug 17, 2001, 1:01pm
It makes one wonder what the true purpose of high school *in the US* is. I
think it's not to educate kids, but to make them feel good about themselves.
I mean, how much do you learn from Physical "Education" and all the sports?
Not much, but it sure makes the dumb idiots feel good about themselves to
see they can run around a track faster than people with IQ's triple of their
own.

-BirdMike

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 17, 2001, 3:56pm
Yes that's about the size of it, Highschool really is nothing but 4 years in
social and sports education, lol I found the longer I stayed in highschool the
dumber I got, lol That's when in the middle of my junior year I decided to get
my GED and get the hell out before they made me completely stupid, lol I
graduated 6 months before my class with a 3.8 GPA. I was extremely bored in
highschool and learned absolutely nothing in the 2 1/2 years I was there. In GED
class I could ask the teacher questions and had alot more 1 on 1 help than I
ever did in highschool. Also I only went to school 3 days a week for 3 hours a
day and learned more in that 1 year than I did in the whole 2 1/2 years of
highschool. So all I can say is get out, get your GED and go to college. Staying
in highschool only works to weed out the people that are truly intelligent
because they get so bored because there is nothing to learn. I have seen it
happen time and time again that the sports people take all the praise in school
and the academiclly skilled people get nothing and are shut out because they
aren't interested in sports or trying to be the epitome of some kind of social
order. If you want to be a stupid immature dork, stay in highschool, lol It's a
sad state of affairs and I don't think it's changed much since I went to
highschool 16 years ago now. I still see people graduating who can't spell, do
math, or do any of the skills that you really need to get thru life.
Unfortunately I think the rules are still the same, they won't let you get a GED
until you are 16 then you can make the choice if that's what you want to do. I
still can't believe they require you to take American History in highschool.
What a waste of time that is, that's all I ever studied in middle school, when I
sat down in the class and opened the book I said holy shit, this is the same
crap I learned 6 years ago, LOL Needless to say I was bored to death in that
class on top of the fact my teacher was an alcoholic and came to school half lit
everyday, lol *sighs* Just glad I got out when I did, lol

[View Quote]

donna

Aug 17, 2001, 4:27pm
Hi Mike, I just couldnt stop chuckling..... have a great year at
school!!!!!!! Donna
[View Quote]

nornny

Aug 17, 2001, 4:27pm
wow, I feel bad for all the pathetic high school and people's lives that you
guys inhabit. lol. High isn't exactly my favorite place to be, but it's a
lot of fun (and drama). I kinda look forward to going back to it this year
since I've gained upperclassman status (junior). :) It's just one of those
things you kinda have to go through to develop and it's lost of fun, but you
can't WAIT to get out. lol.

We have a few immature people and stuff, but every place does. :) We have
cheerleaders who are valordictorians, we have gym classes where we take
walks to McDonalds and eat breakfast, we have really kickass french fries,
and the education is way up there compared to other towns around here in
Connecticut. The proms could use a little work, but blame the class
president (the football captain. :/ some things never change. ;) ). The
principal has GOT to go though. He made it so general level kids (dumbest
and least enthused kids in the school) can't get D's and F's. We're on this
really weird block schedule that takes up more time than it does uses it,
and a bunch of other stuff. But the teachers get paid well, so they teach
better. :) It's kinda fun, we only make it as bad as we want it to be, and
besides, you only go through it once, why try to grow up early? :D

Nornny

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Aug 17, 2001, 4:53pm
what do you think I do? lol.. high school is just an easy way to kill time.. seems either the kids or the teachers are all on
crack.. lol.. don't try to understand anything a high school teacher tells you, because you won't.. because they don't seem to
understand how to do anything besides do the work for you on the dry-eraser board and let you do whatever the hell you want from
there.. but remember to show your work :-) ..so when you cheat, make sure you copy down that part of it too..

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 17, 2001, 4:55pm
hah not all us schools are stupid... and when you
think about it it all comes right down to money...
my school has a lot of money and i mean ALOT but
the govt tells them what they have to do with
it.... last year they installed security cameras
everywhere... this year they replaced every single
light fixture and light bulb in the whole entire
school... and this upcoming year theyre building a
$30000 marquee in front of the school... why?
because the govt gave them the money to do these
things and only these things... im still using a
history book last year that had austrailia called
oceana... west and east germany still apart and
the soviet union there as if nothing had
happened... i think the money needs to go to keep
textbooks updated instead of fixing light bulbs

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Aug 17, 2001, 4:59pm
[View Quote] : wow, I feel bad for all the pathetic high school and people's lives that you
: guys inhabit. lol. High isn't exactly my favorite place to be, but it's a
: lot of fun (and drama). I kinda look forward to going back to it this year
: since I've gained upperclassman status (junior). :) It's just one of those
: things you kinda have to go through to develop and it's lost of fun, but you
: can't WAIT to get out. lol.

Fun if you consider sitting on your ass listening to lectures for hours on end only for that 5 minutes of socializing in between
classes.. then trying to remember what you learned a few years later to no success..

[...]
:

Being a senior (regretfully, I kick myself for not heading over to the community college after freshman year.. could have graduated
with my high school's diploma after sophmore year.. would have saved a lot of time and b.s. *sigh*) everyone is immature.. walks to
mcdonald's for p.e.? how health-minded.. eduction.. in public high school? what a joke.. you must read the text book and not listen
to your teachers, if your actually learning something.. prom has and always will suck, but it's a big deal at the time, so it'll
always be there.. teachers get paid well? so they don't take as much sick days off.. bah.. as bad as you want it to be? take a look
around.. everything is so dramatic and full of shit.. cheesy.. stupid.. god these people all need to grow up.. we LUCKILY only go
through it once.. much more high school bull shit and i think i'll go insane.. no wonder these kids shoot up their schools.. it's a
waste of time and money.. just send us all straight to college, with a cpl hours the first day to catch us up on the 4 years we
missed (which trust me, will only take a cpl hours)

:
BAH!

-j
[View Quote]

wing

Aug 17, 2001, 5:11pm
Whee, I got my schedule last week for the first semester. Other than being extremely confusing, it's rather funny. First semester I
have (In order of appearence)

P.E. (first thing in the morning, I hate that)
Music (Ughhhh again)
An hour of study hall
An hour of lunch (aka study hall II, cuz you can finish all your homework in 2 hours and the food sucks)
Trig (WTF, I'M A FRESHMEN) O_O
American Government (Whee, a whole class where we talk about the only thing dumber than schools)
Spainish (Yes, they spelled it that way)
Biology
English

What the hell do I do second semester? All these are 1 semester courses that you're only allowed to take once a year.

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 17, 2001, 5:28pm
wha! english trig and biology one semester? lol
your school is stupid haha
i dun take american govt til nextyear and im
taking trig this year... weird

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Aug 17, 2001, 5:33pm
LOL here is my first tri-mester schedule

Spanish (bitchy teacher)
Frosh Eng (Frosh?)
Geometry (easy)
Science (teacher is a loony)
Key/Wrd Proc (easy A+)

Want my second? you got it. :-)

Spanish (another tri-mester of bitchy teacher)
Science (this teacher st-st-stutters)
US Hist (AWESOME teacher :-))
Word Proc 2 (yet ANOTHER simple A+)
Geometry (simple, again)

and the LAST tri-mester list? Okay!

Phy Ed. (for 70 minutes, what's their to do?)
Geometry (Im still in this class?)
US History (Talk about out WONDERFUL present)
Foods For Living (FOOD!)
Frosh Eng (Frosh? heh, that's sounds funny)

Well, that's my BORING year, no study halls so I can't goof around :-)

humor a foreigner: what's "Key/Wrd Proc"?

agent1

Aug 17, 2001, 7:02pm
Likely "Keyboarding/Word Processing"... Probably just fooling around with something like MS Word :)

It's times like these I'm glad my teachers actually knew what they were
doing...

Well, there was one that wouldn't do anything when we went up to his desk
while he was sitting there to look at the geometry answer book... But
that's another story.

SW Chris

oh LOL! I used to take care of my class while the teacher went and had a cup
of coffee with his teacher mates... but I don't think classes in word
processing is worth anything, at my school they start it in like second
grade and they often still are clueless years after...

Everyone should thank our fine schools here in the United States of America
for making late night segments like Jay Walking on The Tonight Show
possible. :) Anyone see the Jay Walking All-Stars segment last night? The
football player there is a prime product of our school system.

Seriously though, if you work in high school, you're going to be the one
earning the bucks twenty years down the road while the football captain is
still flipping burgers and most of the ditsy cheerleaders are slinking
around from boyfriend to boyfriend.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 17, 2001, 7:22pm
Whoa, so that means that a whole one kid out of each grade becomes successful. That is, assuming they aren't driven to suicide by
the constant heckling. Those of us that can be cool and smart at the same time have it made O_O

We here in the US are trying to catch up with the computer revolution....

SW Chris

Did I say that? Just pointing out that if you work in high school
(regardless of if you're "cool" or not) you will be making more money in 20
years than those who aren't.

SW Chris

Wow... and I thought *I* could get depressed... Reading all your posts
these past few days has actually made me feel better, and realize how
glad I am that I'm not you. Going through life believing that school is
a waste of time and that we're all slowly killing ourselves with
technology and what-not... Makes one wonder how do you manage to wake up
in the morning!

I realize it's probably mostly adolescent angst and you'll grow out of
it in a few years, but someone else could read that and think you're on
the verge of suicide! Oy...

[View Quote] [View Quote]
Maybe JBELL and JFK2 could hook up in a few years...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

don't be so sure about that ;-)) that football captain that's stupider than
a mule might become a pro player even though he doesn't know his grammar...
so when you're in your tiny cubicle in the accountant dept. of some hyper
corporation the captain will play in the NFL and have frequent appearances
on TV, and make much more money than you...

Hehe... I suppose that's the exception to the rule. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

nornny

Aug 17, 2001, 7:46pm
[View Quote] lol, just play calculator games with your TI 83 plus, it will do wonders.
Or, my favorite, read Harry Potter books in the middle of english class.
When group project times roll around, it's always best to have a deck of
cards on hand to play Poker.

And screw remembering things when you'll 1) learn it again 2) have the
website to the textbook publishers with all the answers to your homework. ;)

> Being a senior (regretfully, I kick myself for not heading over to the
community college after freshman year.. could have graduated
> with my high school's diploma after sophmore year.. would have saved a lot
of time and b.s. *sigh*) everyone is immature.. walks to
> mcdonald's for p.e.? how health-minded.. eduction.. in public high school?

Well, "walking to McDonalds" is what we just say to make gym sound cool.
lol. We ate breakfast there, burned some calories walking back really quick,
and then analyzed what we ate to see how much McDonalds puts on the sodium,
grease, and other saturated fats. It made our stomachs turn really. ;) NEVER
eat at a fast food chain. Even their Mcsalad will get your nerves clogged in
2 days. lol. Other alternative gym activities we had last year with our
really cool teacher (he was an alcoholic and druggie who turned his life
around to teach health. He lost two of his wives to cancer also) was
sledding on the Page Park hill in the winter, minigolfing, swimming,
aerobics, and just playing mental games on each other. It was fun, physical,
and taught us a lot more than playing softball all day. :)

> what a joke.. you must read the text book and not listen
> to your teachers, if your actually learning something..

Our teachers actually come with experience, unfortunately and fortunately.
lol. Actually, the state also has VERY strict requirements to get a teaching
certification, the strictest in the country, so they have to go through
hours of college courses and credits, continue their education, get a
masters and such, for the generally low pay (even though it's the one of the
highest state teachers salary in the country), they have a bit more
dedication. Personally, I'd be petrified of teaching teens, even if I think
I could teach them better than the teachers I have now.

>prom has and always will suck, but it's a big deal at the time, so it'll
> always be there..

Well, you gotta have something to be excited for. lol.

>teachers get paid well? so they don't take as much sick days off.. bah.. as
bad as you want it to be? take a look
> around.. everything is so dramatic and full of shit.. cheesy.. stupid..
god these people all need to grow up..

I can agree with the drama and cheesy stupid stuff. It's not like it's not
obvious. But hang out with the right crowd or filter it out, and its no
drama. It's amazing how undisturbed and patience I have collected going
through this high school. lol.

>we LUCKILY only go
> through it once..

Thank god. ;)

>much more high school bull shit and i think i'll go insane.. no wonder
these kids shoot up their schools.. it's a
> waste of time and money.. just send us all straight to college, with a cpl
hours the first day to catch us up on the 4 years we
> missed (which trust me, will only take a cpl hours)

I dunno, it's insanity, but I can only assume you learn more about yourself
in an alien environment than a comfortable one. It's not like everyone likes
high school anyways, that's one thing we all can agree on. Taking college
courses in high school would be a lot easier than gaining the credits and
losing more free time in college. You're surrounded by the people your age
who you will inevitably wnd up working for or interacting with against your
will, might as well enjoy it, "preps, nerds, freaks, and all."

> :
> BAH!

HUMBUG! :)

Nornny

> -j

mike zimmer

Aug 17, 2001, 8:25pm
Guess what, we get to learn Word '97!!!

[View Quote]

nornny

Aug 17, 2001, 9:15pm
I'll join in on the fun too. :) My schedule, that for the first year had NO
conflicting classes or anything, as of yet. :) Usually, on the first day of
school, this schedule we have now will TOTALLY be changed into a mess of
classes you don't want. ;)

On A Day (see, we have two days, A days and B days, with different 84 minute
classes for each day. So you see a class every other day. Weird messed up
block scheduling...)

A1 Semester 1 Phys Ed (might as well get it over with? lol. and it's always
better to excercise in the morning, I heard, so you're more invigorated
during the day, although you sometimes get all sweaty)

Semester 2 - Study Hall, but i'll prolly sign up for Office Aide and
enjoy the benefits of air conditioning, quietness, late arrival to school,
and free phone calls, SCREW THE PAYPHONES!! GO COLLEGE RESUME!!!

A2 French 3 Accelerated (accelerated is the fancy name for honors. lol. and
my week down in Pennsylvania for French camp better pay off this year)

A3 Band (ahh, the joys of having 4th lunch block. :/ )

A4 Advanced Placement/UCONN Chemistry (god, I paid 30 dollars and a heck of
a lot of straight A-s for this college course in hopes that I won't have to
go through the slow and painful death of college chemistry. instant credit.
;) Although, you need to pass the AP exam at the end of the year and 90% of
the class drops out within the first month. Last year, the AP Chem class
held 40 students at first, but after the summer reading was assigned, it
slooped to 30, then after the first week, 15, and by the end of the year,
there were only 6 kids who got the UCONN credit, 3 of whom got the AP
credit. :/)

For a Junior looking towards Ivy League, a pretty uneventful A day except
the end. It's not like I could GET any decent electives (drafting, foods,
CAD, whatever floats your boat) with the classes that fill up the other day
(B Day). Band and French are one of those "committed electives" that you
sometimes just have to choose. ;) Anyways, B Day...

AP American History - Yay, a college class bright and early in the morning.
Since 200 years is a lot to cover, we started sophmore year up until the
Jackson era for this class. Anyone who "passed" the AP History part 1, gets
to go to the REAL AP History and be able to take the AP test at the end of
the year, if they last that long. God, I don't tihnk I can stay awake. The
class is fun and challenging, but dear god, help us all.

Pre Calculus/Trig Accelerated - yeesh, I'm not a math person. ;)

American Humanities English Accelerated - reading is...fun?

AP Chemistry (again) - god, TWO periods of chemistry. how will I survive??!!
That's 84 minutes each day of this stupid subject. lol

Nornny

[View Quote]

builderz

Aug 17, 2001, 9:22pm
[View Quote] ROFL. Yea, I saw that last night. That guy could barely even talk. I
wonder what his IQ is...

> Seriously though, if you work in high school, you're going to be the one
> earning the bucks twenty years down the road while the football captain is
> still flipping burgers and most of the ditsy cheerleaders are slinking
> around from boyfriend to boyfriend.

That is *usually* how it goes. I'm glad I'm the working type. ;)

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
http://aw.stuff-x.com/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)