Still xsign troubles? (General Discussion)

Still xsign troubles? // General Discussion

1  |

wing

Aug 13, 2001, 11:44pm
The xsign still hasn't been fixed, what gives?

syntax

Aug 13, 2001, 11:51pm
No, it has been taken down from the object path but can still be used
because it is still in the registry. It does not give you the error "Only
registered objects can be used for construction." It CAN still be used for
vandalization because it shows up as a little triangle which can be used for
sound or light commands to be placed on.

This is a problem that needs to be dealt with AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as it was
quit annoying when a couple of people (no names will be given) showed up at
the taping of "Late Night with SW Chris" and started causing trouble with
the object.

So, Facter, please fix it. :-)
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

facter

Aug 14, 2001, 12:13am
*sigh* I'm TRYING to get it fixed....

F.

> No, it has been taken down from the object path but can still be used
> because it is still in the registry. It does not give you the error "Only
> registered objects can be used for construction." It CAN still be used
for
> vandalization because it shows up as a little triangle which can be used
for
> sound or light commands to be placed on.
>
> This is a problem that needs to be dealt with AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as it
was
> quit annoying when a couple of people (no names will be given) showed up
at
> the taping of "Late Night with SW Chris" and started causing trouble with
> the object.
>
> So, Facter, please fix it. :-)
> --
> - Syntax -
> www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

syntax

Aug 14, 2001, 12:17am
oh, ok. :-)
I thought you just had to update the model itself and that was it. ;-)
Anyway, keep up the good work, Fac :-)
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 14, 2001, 2:16am
Would it help any if someone from the community created a valid registry for it? Doesn't exactly take a genius to look at an RWX
file and determine it's dimensions, especially one that simple. Just say the word and I'm sure 10 people will jump on it
[View Quote]

wing

Aug 14, 2001, 3:03am
xsign.rwx 1 -295 5 -1 295 395 10

I can't test it though.

*ahem* It's Late Tonight with SW Chris. :)

SW Chris

Look for it on ABN soon. Like perhaps Friday at 9pm vrt. =)

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 14, 2001, 12:33pm
Syntax is right about that.... I was there as well and had to put up
with these [NAMES NOT MENTIONED] bothering the audience and having a
great time using those objects in the studio. BUT in the end..... It
turned out ok for all of us.

"syntax" <sfris at swcity.net> wrote in
news:3b788412 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> No, it has been taken down from the object path but can still be
> used because it is still in the registry. It does not give you the
> error "Only registered objects can be used for construction." It CAN
> still be used for vandalization because it shows up as a little
> triangle which can be used for sound or light commands to be placed
> on.
>
> This is a problem that needs to be dealt with AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as
> it was quit annoying when a couple of people (no names will be given)
> showed up at the taping of "Late Night with SW Chris" and started
> causing trouble with the object.
>
> So, Facter, please fix it. :-)
> --
> - Syntax -
> www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

farmer jim

Aug 14, 2001, 2:53pm
Well id like to say even if u do get it fixed they will find a away to do
vandlism again. They do it for fun they will do what ever they want to do
with there browsers or anything this is like playing a game to them.

sw comit

Aug 14, 2001, 3:29pm
What do you mean? Provided you have your land completely covered, there was
no way to vandalize. The only thing that comes close is lighting, rotate,
and move - and still, provided you have your land covered at least 120
meters from all your stuff, you should be ok.

200 meters now...

Um... why were they able to dump xsigns into the studio then?

MrHankey: how come every time a plane crash all they find is the black box?
why dont they just make the whole plane out of the black box?

SW Chris

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 14, 2001, 6:32pm
Heh, simply because the xsign's registry dimensions are 0x0x0, therefore it can encroach. OOPS!
[View Quote]

syntax

Aug 14, 2001, 6:35pm
No kidding, this xsign thing totally defeats the purpose of buying a
citizenship. Fix it already!! Its a huge problem!!! :-| It should be #1
on your priority list.
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

well, at least we've gotten the xpict#.rwx objects back :-)) just noticed it
today, thanx Facter :-))

syntax

Aug 15, 2001, 12:16am
They were gone?
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

yup, they were gone for a while...

farmer jim

Aug 17, 2001, 3:26am
it seems aw has taken them off the buildlist (at least in awteen) maybe its
allmost done no body but factor knows im glad to see aw working on this problem
it is becoming quite annying thank u factor for your work on this