ActiveWorlds Beta Program (General Discussion)

ActiveWorlds Beta Program // General Discussion

1  |  

k.c

Jul 20, 2001, 8:42pm
To Whom It May Concern:
I was wondering how I would get involved in the AW Beta Tester Program?
I have been involved and been an active member in the AW Community for about
4 years now. I have been and currently am involved with many other Beta
testing programs such as CompuServe, AmericaOnline, and WinAmp DJ
Broadcasting Software. If it could be at all possible to get any
information on how to become a beta tester, could someone please respond to
this post or contact me using the address below. Thanks!

Musically Yours,
Kurtis J. Cummings
Station Manager
WVRN, Broadway World Radio
www.wvrnradio.com
KC0013 at cs.com

computerizer

Jul 20, 2001, 8:56pm
I asked a while back for the same reasons -- every pretty much just said to
talk to Roland... pfft.. yeah right..

-Computerizer

"k.c" <KC0013 at cs.com> wrote in news:3b58b3ba at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> To Whom It May Concern:
> I was wondering how I would get involved in the AW Beta Tester
> Program?
> I have been involved and been an active member in the AW Community for
> about 4 years now. I have been and currently am involved with many
> other Beta testing programs such as CompuServe, AmericaOnline, and
> WinAmp DJ Broadcasting Software. If it could be at all possible to get
> any information on how to become a beta tester, could someone please
> respond to this post or contact me using the address below. Thanks!
>
> Musically Yours,
> Kurtis J. Cummings
> Station Manager
> WVRN, Broadway World Radio
> www.wvrnradio.com
> KC0013 at cs.com
>
>
>
>

nornny

Jul 20, 2001, 10:43pm
It's true, when Roland needs a group of beta testers, he first asks the
people who he thinks is worthy of a beta test, and to widen the computer
gene pool, he later asks for a small group of interested beta testers.

Nornny

[View Quote]

rypp

Jul 21, 2001, 8:12pm
Send an e-mail to roland at activeworlds.com and ask him for joining the beta
program. This is how i got into the beta program the first time.

rypp


"nornny" <Nornny1 at home.com> skrev i melding
news:3b58d034$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It's true, when Roland needs a group of beta testers, he first asks the
> people who he thinks is worthy of a beta test, and to widen the computer
> gene pool, he later asks for a small group of interested beta testers.
>
> Nornny
>
[View Quote]

tony m

Jul 21, 2001, 10:30pm
Don't you people read the FAQ? It says you can't ask at all to be in 3.2
beta.

[View Quote]

kah

Jul 22, 2001, 10:15am
you can, but it would rather exlude you, I think... attending the Tech
Talks, and participating in the discussion would be much more effective,
cuzz that way Roland will see your interest and skills easily...

KAH

[View Quote]

computerizer

Jul 24, 2001, 3:43pm
Tech Talks? discussion? can you explain these please?

-Computerizer

[View Quote] >you can, but it would rather exlude you, I think... attending the Tech
>Talks, and participating in the discussion would be much more effective,
>cuzz that way Roland will see your interest and skills easily...
>
>KAH
>
[View Quote]

kah

Jul 24, 2001, 5:11pm
info about Tech Talks and more:
http://www.activeworlds.com/roland/roland.html
with discussions I meant the discussion at the Tech Talks...

KAH

[View Quote]

nornny

Jul 24, 2001, 5:18pm
oy, you're living in an isolated hole. Every Friday night at 8pm vrt,
Roland, AWC's lead programmer comes online in AWUniv to talk and answer
questions about the AW program. It's very technical, but you really get a
lot of in depth stuff from bugs, fixes, future implementations, and such.
Boring and confusing if you end up not knowing the differences in drivers,
hardware, and all that computer mumbo jumbo like me. lol. These tech talks
are really all that Roland sees and does in AW, so when its time to get beta
testers for a new version, he usually calls upon the regulars who really
know what they're talking about and really put in good bug reports and
input. :) If you attend Tech Talk and really can't give anything besides
your opinion, just showing up will sometimes get you into the beta program
since he needs variety in computers. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

computerizer

Jul 24, 2001, 6:28pm
8PM VRT? Hrm.. too bad for anyone who lives anywhere west of the east
coast and has to go to work or university on fridays (like me)

-Computerizer

[View Quote] >oy, you're living in an isolated hole. Every Friday night at 8pm vrt,
>Roland, AWC's lead programmer comes online in AWUniv to talk and answer
>questions about the AW program. It's very technical, but you really get a
>lot of in depth stuff from bugs, fixes, future implementations, and such.
>Boring and confusing if you end up not knowing the differences in drivers,
>hardware, and all that computer mumbo jumbo like me. lol. These tech talks
>are really all that Roland sees and does in AW, so when its time to get beta
>testers for a new version, he usually calls upon the regulars who really
>know what they're talking about and really put in good bug reports and
>input. :) If you attend Tech Talk and really can't give anything besides
>your opinion, just showing up will sometimes get you into the beta program
>since he needs variety in computers. :)
>
>Nornny
>
[View Quote]

kah

Jul 24, 2001, 7:18pm
West of the East coast?????????

KAH

[View Quote]

goober king

Jul 24, 2001, 8:36pm
Yea, you know... those places you keep hearing about: "California", "Colorado",
"Chicago"... There's more to the world than EST, y'know :P

P.S. He was referring to East Coast of U.S.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Heh, and there's more to the world than America, too :P
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

computerizer

Jul 24, 2001, 9:22pm
Heh, specifically Washington (the state). On the west coast, 8PM VRT
is 3 PM. Most people are at work/school at that time. This next school
year at college I suppose I can try to make my schedule so that
perhaps I *might* be able to make it to these discussions, but most
likely it won't work out... *sigh*

On 24 Jul 2001 18:36:52 -0400, "goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu>
[View Quote] >Yea, you know... those places you keep hearing about: "California", "Colorado",
>"Chicago"... There's more to the world than EST, y'know :P
>
>P.S. He was referring to East Coast of U.S.
>
[View Quote]

kah

Jul 25, 2001, 10:55am
why didn't you say West coast, instead of West of the East coast? that was
my point...

KAH

[View Quote]

computerizer

Jul 25, 2001, 1:36pm
Because mountain time and central time may also be included in it, is
why.. and they aren't near the west coast :P

[View Quote] >why didn't you say West coast, instead of West of the East coast? that was
>my point...
>
>KAH
>
[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 25, 2001, 5:29pm
AHHH! Enough with the West of the West and East or The West Coast! Im
getting confused :-)

[View Quote]

icey

Jul 26, 2001, 3:20pm
And what for who is leaving off the east west coast to the east farther west?
Sorry...heheh
:)

[View Quote] > AHHH! Enough with the West of the West and East or The West Coast! Im
> getting confused :-)
>
[View Quote]

1  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn