Latest wishlist! (Wishlist)

Latest wishlist! // Wishlist

1  |

siliconmana

Oct 27, 2005, 10:26pm
1. Set up an automated crash report on browser as Second Life have in place.
Browser crashes, it automatically asks to locate crash file and sends it
off.

2. Security Settings:
A checkbox in settings, so a new contact has to be approved before being
added to personal contact list.
Would this not be a very useful feature that should be easy enough to
implement.
Same as for join/invite requests.
Or:
If a user is removed from contact list, then their corresponding link is
also removed.
As it is, if you have a blocked contact and remove their name from your
list, all blocks are nulified. Or otherwise stuck with yellow ? Not an
effective solution.
Msn has a 'block' list, so does Secondlife.

3. Text Window - Scalable text for vision impairead.

Siliconmana

sw comit

Oct 27, 2005, 11:16pm
[View Quote] Is this really needed? AW seems pretty stable. I'd point fingers at
something else if your having problems. Video card perhaps.

> 2. Security Settings:
> A checkbox in settings, so a new contact has to be approved before being
> added to personal contact list.
> Would this not be a very useful feature that should be easy enough to
> implement.
> Same as for join/invite requests.
> Or:
> If a user is removed from contact list, then their corresponding link is
> also removed.
> As it is, if you have a blocked contact and remove their name from your
> list, all blocks are nulified. Or otherwise stuck with yellow ? Not an
> effective solution.
> Msn has a 'block' list, so does Secondlife.

Would be nice...

> 3. Text Window - Scalable text for vision impairead.

You can already do this. Click somewhere in the text box, hold ctrl down
and scroll up on the mouse wheel. Works in IE too.

dr. squailboont

Oct 27, 2005, 11:44pm
[View Quote] Consider yourself lucky. I've seen AW crash just by doing nothing at all; there's no correlation between any of the times AW decided to crash.

siliconmana

Oct 28, 2005, 8:25am
Why not? Second life has it. I have frequent crashes on two machines.

Siliconmana :)

[View Quote]

joeman

Oct 28, 2005, 3:05pm
The benefits of an automated crash report are debatable. As a
developer, I find it easier to recreate the bug on my own machine and
then trace it down, rather than be handed a minidump file and told to
find the bug in the code.

Activeworlds already has a debug logging feature, which helps trace down
crashes and bugs anyways. If you're crashing, and can recreate the
crash, best to turn on the debug log in your ini file and send it to the
developers, and tell them how you created the crash.

-Joe

[View Quote]

chrispeg

Oct 29, 2005, 5:39am
A reminder how to set up debug log for the browser:

1) Open aworld.ini in notepad.
2) Look for a section [Debug]
3) Add or modify to:

[Debug]
all=1
purge_time=30

4) Save aworld.ini and restart the browser.
5) Reproduce the issue.

This will generate the log for each session in a file aworld.log. In case the browser
crashes, compress this file to a zip file and send it off to support at activeworlds.com
along with a descrpition of the problem and how and where to reproduce it. (Beta related
logs should go to beta at activeworlds.com).

Note: While the debug log is on, you might notice descreased system performance.
Therefore, switch it off when not needed:

[Debug]
all=0

Thanks,
Chris

Development Department
Activeworlds, Inc

"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:43625a6c$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The benefits of an automated crash report are debatable. As a developer, I find it
> easier to recreate the bug on my own machine and then trace it down, rather than be
> handed a minidump file and told to find the bug in the code.
>
> Activeworlds already has a debug logging feature, which helps trace down crashes and
> bugs anyways. If you're crashing, and can recreate the crash, best to turn on the debug
> log in your ini file and send it to the developers, and tell them how you created the
> crash.
>
> -Joe

[View Quote]

anduin

Oct 29, 2005, 9:15am
On 27 Oct 2005 20:26:17 -0400, "Siliconmana" <d4 at siliconmana.com>
[View Quote] >1. Set up an automated crash report on browser as Second Life have in place.
>Browser crashes, it automatically asks to locate crash file and sends it

Welcome to AW.
>Msn has a 'block' list, so does Secondlife.

Again, welcome to AW. We are so different from the rest ;o)

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

siliconmana

Oct 29, 2005, 11:15pm
Thanks very much Chris :)

Siliconmana

[View Quote]

equin0x

Nov 3, 2005, 11:26am
[View Quote] Blame Windows, just like everyone else.

heretik anemailadress

Dec 10, 2005, 3:31am
Shouldnt need to block people.

[View Quote]

mpl knight

Jan 31, 2006, 3:15am
Open aworld.ini in notepad?

Here's a wishlist item :) How about a *checkbox* in the Settings -> Advanced
section thats says: Enable Logging [ ]

that would take about.... 1/2 hour of coding if that. Would make life easier
for everyone instead of the average person remembering what to write in an
ini file...

just a thought...