Personal Chat Balloons (Wishlist)

Personal Chat Balloons // Wishlist

1  |

calhoun

Jan 23, 2004, 8:33pm
I think you should be able to have the ability to set the color of the
inside of your avatar's chat balloon or maybe set the color you see for
everyone else's chat balloons

--
Calhoun
#299277

ry

Jan 23, 2004, 11:35pm
Then it would be way laggy... good idea though.

--

Ry
Citizen#: 323710

calhoun

Jan 23, 2004, 11:51pm
and maybe an option to enable or disable personal chat balloons

--
Calhoun
#299277

codewarrior

Jan 24, 2004, 12:43am
[View Quote] Why is one color of chat balloon any more laggy than another?

codewarrior

Jan 24, 2004, 12:48am
How about a different color as well for people on your contact list.

[View Quote]

starfleet

Jan 24, 2004, 1:28am
Chat balloons should have the same range as the default style (200m),
currently they disappear if someone is farther than 60m away or on the side
of the screen.

Jan 24, 2004, 2:50am
I like this idea.. *Adds it to my list of things to add to my Zeus bot*

- Mark R

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Jan 24, 2004, 2:51am
yes, this is the reason i dont use them, becuase they always disapear...
and if the reason is to prevent lagging, then what about us people that
have computers that can handle it?

Jan 24, 2004, 3:10am
[View Quote] Why should people be allowed to control their own colors? ;P I don't
want green on pink. All over my window at the gate. Everyone knows what
I'm talking about when people get the freedom to control their own
text/background colors.

bowen

Jan 24, 2004, 3:12am
[View Quote] > I like this idea.. *Adds it to my list of things to add to my Zeus bot*

Yes, because the SDK allows you to change such a color. Toot your own
horn even when it's not possible? Or is this one of those "I can use
3.5 and no one else can so I'll just tell you what I could do with it"
sort of thing? Explain, don't counter with me being pissy... because
that's nothing new.

ry

Jan 24, 2004, 5:17am
I dont use chat bloons.

--

Ry
Citizen#: 323710

codewarrior

Jan 24, 2004, 9:29am
Well.. OK.. but I was thinking more that I get to control the color of my
friends chat balloons.. I didn't mean that everyone got to choose their
own.

It could be done as well, but I'm with you on that one. You wouldn't
beleive some of the backgrounds I see people using for their emails,
and some people would make sick color combo's just to annoy people.

It also might be nice to be able to change the appearance of chat baloons
for public speakers.

Jan 24, 2004, 10:01am
Its a 'sign' of how closed your mind is.

- Mark R :)

Jan 24, 2004, 11:19am
"alexthemartian" <alex at virtual-studios.net> wrote in
news:4011f9df$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> yes, this is the reason i dont use them, becuase they always
> disapear... and if the reason is to prevent lagging, then what about
> us people that have computers that can handle it?

Won't lag, it might just look very ugly.

KAH

tart sugar

Jan 24, 2004, 12:30pm
I agree with the "sick color combo's".
Also - I don't see really well. I had to have a fellow GK read to me over
the phone a certain post on our msg board because the post was written in
purple font on black background. What the hey?? LoL!!!
And then there was *another* chat room where one person chose to chat in
yellow font on lime green background.
YEEEESH

Tart Sugar
The older I get, the better I used to be. o_O

[View Quote] Nope, sorry. This falls under the category of "I'm going to gloat as
much as I can."

ya lol, how would it possibly make it laggy? dont just say it would make it
laggy, because it would make it cool. cuz it wont!

-SWE