Idle Time - AFK (Wishlist)

Idle Time - AFK // Wishlist

1  |

anduin

Dec 21, 2003, 5:08am
Hello all,

I'd personally like to see a feature that automatically puts you on AFK
mode after a set amount of idle time (user has full control).

For people who like to leave AW running in the background at times or
tend to leave the room frequently, having the browser automatically set
them as AFK after, say, 5 minutes, would be a good tool; especially if
it sets them to back automatically after they touch a key on their
keyboard or something.

Regards,
Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)

alexthemartian

Dec 21, 2003, 7:13am
yeah this will be great

and maybe a feature to show a person as afaw (away from aw) if they
minimize their aw browser, like make the citizen name in contacts grey
or italicized. and when they restore it back up it goes back to normal.
or maybe annother icon instead?

[View Quote]

zeofatex

Dec 21, 2003, 11:16am
I'd like to see the chat window turn into an mIRC window. Scripts,
timestamps, commands, etc. So that everything could be controlled by
commands. "/aps 347592" or "/dps 347592" things like that. I love how IRC
works and you can set up bots to control everything. AW is kinda turning
into that and maybe AW should just make the chat thing INTO the real mIRC --
every world technically starting their own IRC channel. This would also
allow you to chat in the world without being in AW. I realise the bot sdk
would have to be almost completely re-done along with the AW Browser itself
but it sounds cool.

[View Quote]

anduin

Dec 21, 2003, 7:56pm
On 21 Dec 2003 08:16:22 -0500, zeofatex wrote the following message
<3fe59d26$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I'd like to see the chat window turn into an mIRC window. Scripts,
>timestamps, commands, etc. So that everything could be controlled by
>commands. "/aps 347592" or "/dps 347592" things like that. I love how IRC
>works and you can set up bots to control everything. AW is kinda turning
>into that and maybe AW should just make the chat thing INTO the real mIRC --
>every world technically starting their own IRC channel. This would also
>allow you to chat in the world without being in AW. I realise the bot sdk
>would have to be almost completely re-done along with the AW Browser itself
>but it sounds cool.

And if it were based on an IRC Server, how would registration work?

Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

zeofatex 4days

Dec 22, 2003, 1:29am
Well... based on. If you're not registered you get kicked. -- sends a
command msg clogin ZeoFateX *********** encrypted of course. Or the whole
point is BASED on IRC not completely IRC.

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Dec 22, 2003, 1:53am
well it is possible to be able to chat in aw from irc via a bot. one
world already is doing that, abntv

[View Quote] > Well... based on. If you're not registered you get kicked. -- sends a
> command msg clogin ZeoFateX *********** encrypted of course. Or the whole
> point is BASED on IRC not completely IRC.

[View Quote]

zeofatex 4days

Dec 22, 2003, 9:53am
Who's got the bot -- I want a copy o.O

"zeofatex 4days" <gzanone at optonline.net> wrote in
news:3fe6db4e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Who's got the bot -- I want a copy o.O

I created such a bot. It's available from http://kahnews.cjb.net/bots/

Be warned, it's not quite as stable as you might want it to be. Full VB
source (although of a later and less stable version than the binary) is
available from the same place.

KAH

zeofatex 3days

Dec 22, 2003, 6:15pm
APhoneBot I'm guessing?

Thanks for the bot. :)

"zeofatex 3days" <gzanone at optonline.net> wrote in news:3fe750ec$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> APhoneBot I'm guessing?

That's the one :-) This one was actually written by *me*, not some script
kiddie and won't try to steal your passwords.