For the kids (Wishlist)

For the kids // Wishlist

1  |

the lady

Aug 30, 2003, 1:23pm
New pricing plan to make it a little easier for kids to be citizens.

Cit and chat only - 19.95 per year
to build would cost more
to own a world would cost more

Not sure how it can be worked out, but we need something a little more fair
for the kids. A cit and chat only would at least give them telegram,
contact list and community chatting privileges in order to keep track of the
friends they make in AW.

Simple.. it can't :S

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Aug 30, 2003, 2:37pm
hmmm , i was thinking what about 20 $ cits , but they can only enter tourist
enabled worlds , and so this way , they cant own worlds , or they have to
make their world tourists enabled , and that would cost additional 60 $ ,
so better to buy a 70 $ cit .... it would make it possible for teens to
enter awteen , and for chatters just to sit at aw and awgate and chat and
have acontact list and the other advantages , it would bring in more ppl and
that never hurts

the lady

Aug 30, 2003, 7:40pm
I understand what you are saying. I was going to put an addendum to the
initial post which talks about limiting which worlds they can access with
$19.95.

It would help regarding entering of X worlds. For example, allowing them
the ability to enter worlds starting with AW only. That idea isn't set in
stone, since some adults may want to enter X worlds for $19.95.

The ability to choose what you are buying at the start, like a package deal,
which would include, for example, a certain amount of worlds would put some
minds at ease for parents. However, I know how it is, people change their
minds, might be too much of a headache, unless the company can figure a way
for the parents to change that setting online, (like the cancel option). I
think it is best done through the server level, as contacts list is done,
instead of the program. If the company thinks there would be more personnel
time involved, make it where they charge 5 dollars each time AW has to do it
per phone call, but cost nothing if parents make the change online.

My son told me he is not interested in building anymore. He did build some
things with me, but I could tell the interest really wasn't there. His
interest was in the chat, keeping up with friends. Much easier on my mind
knowing he was only entering worlds beginning with AW, where a peacekeeper
could intervene if necessary. I probably would have allowed him on AW
during the day if I had been able to have a configuration where I made the
choice which worlds he could access. I would probably have chosen AWTeen,
AWCheckers, AWChess. And for sure no gate! GK's need to be busy with
helping new people plus it's a free for all there at times. To be truthful,
that is why my son is not on AW right now, because I can't configure AW in
what I think is in the best interest of my son.

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 31, 2003, 12:04am
Noooooooooooooooooo! Kids should at least pay the full price, maybe even more.
But cits who want to enter R or X worlds should be paying $139.95/year.

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Aug 31, 2003, 12:20am
what the.. screw that

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 31, 2003, 3:35pm
Then, all the R/X worlds would change their ratings to PG-13 or PG to get
around that...

-Joe

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 31, 2003, 4:45pm
Then AWI will find out that they break the rules by having inappropriate content for the
set rating and forces them to either raise their rating or closes them down.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 31, 2003, 7:09pm
Uh, too bad they wouldn't.. The world pays its dues, AW doesn't mess with
it.

-Joe

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Sep 1, 2003, 8:06am
This won't work at all. For one, most kids are the ones building all the
time, while the older people usually do the chatting. And, of course,
Active worlds can't really work without both features put together.

equin0x

Sep 2, 2003, 5:40am
Goddamnit..Aw doesn't think about the kids..First some offensive words:

Rick loves you.
Bill loves you.
Everyone else at Aw love you.

(post edited by ENZO xx/xx/xx)

count dracula

Sep 2, 2003, 7:27am
starfleet <Starfleet at Command.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f5157ac at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Noooooooooooooooooo! Kids should at least pay the full price, maybe even
more.
> But cits who want to enter R or X worlds should be paying $139.95/year.

You must be kiding, right ? ( or then you must have an alternative sense
for logic)

Drac

starfleet

Sep 2, 2003, 9:24am
I'm not kidding, and it's very logical if you look at the facts.

[View Quote]

count dracula

Sep 2, 2003, 12:19pm
Ok, help me out then here. What is logical about having children pay atleat
full prize and especially the part about having prople to pay more if they
have a world for adults. Now we shall nor forget that the rating system used
is not even very suitable for a chat enviroment. I have for example a few
nude avatars in my world, I was told to raize the rating. I never understood
why tho, because they were just nude for swimming purpose. I think I got
slightly pissed and put in an x, just in case. One never know what might
offend someone. Seeing a naked pig can upset a jew or muslim, seeing a cross
that is upside down can upset a christian, seeing a cross can upset all but
christians, seeing a nude avatar can upset a narrowminded, seeing a clothed
avatar can upset a naturist, seeing a roasted turkey can upset a vegetarian
etc etc..

So I simply play safe and have it x now, but hell no, I am not going to pay
more to enter my world, just because some ppl are narrowminded hipochrits.

Drac
starfleet <Starfleet at Command.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f547df1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I'm not kidding, and it's very logical if you look at the facts.

[View Quote]

starfleet

Sep 2, 2003, 2:14pm
LMAO....because kids get the same features and rights on their cits therefore they have
to pay the same, no less, if AW would let them pay less they would lose alot of profit.
Higher rating should be higher prices because they expose offensive material.

[View Quote]

count dracula

Sep 2, 2003, 10:04pm
Kids might get same features yes, but I do not see why it could not be
cheaper. Many software providers has licenses priced differently according
to user, for example students get a cheaper license. I do not see why it
would not work in AW.

I also belive AW is losing a lot of money because they have such a negative
attitude towards especially tourists. It took me a while to figure it out,
but suddenly I realized. AW do not even want new cits. It is much more
profitable for them if they manage to keep AW an unfriendly place and make
people bu univereses.

And you are the person who decide what is offensive or not ? Lets say I find
bingo to be a very offensive game, should they make bingoworlds x-rated, or
if someone find paintball worlds offensive due to their violence?

I think we pay enough as it is, no need to start punishing people more with
higher fees. It is very simple, if you do not like a world ( lets say
x-rated) stay the fu** out of there, no need to demand higher prices for
things you do not like (understand) :-)

Drac
starfleet <Starfleet at Command.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f54c1d6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> LMAO....because kids get the same features and rights on their cits
therefore they have
> to pay the same, no less, if AW would let them pay less they would lose
alot of profit.
> Higher rating should be higher prices because they expose offensive
material.

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Sep 2, 2003, 10:11pm
dont forget the teenagers.. who build, chat, and also complain in NGs

[View Quote]

starfleet

Sep 3, 2003, 6:30am
Same features, same prices. There should be no exception. BTW how would you prevent
adults from registering as kids then?

[View Quote] Ask for a copy of proper ID...

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

starfleet

Sep 3, 2003, 10:16am
A copy can be acquired from friends....

[View Quote]

count dracula

Sep 3, 2003, 10:58am
starfleet <Starfleet at Command.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f55a68d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Same features, same prices. There should be no exception. BTW how would
you prevent
> adults from registering as kids then?

But hon, now you are a bit against youself, a while back you wanted higher
prices for same features for people who visit X-rated worlds.

The browser for kids could for example only allow visits to worlds rated
suitable for children ( whatever that means).

I am also fine with same price for all, if the price would be more
acceptable (like it used to be).

What have we got as the price has gone up? A worse customer service, no new
features of interest, banning of visitors, a in general more unfriendly
atmosphere.

Drac

count dracula

Sep 3, 2003, 11:00am
You must be one of the most jelous people around LOL
If someone would got something cheaper than you, you could just not live
with it .

Drac
starfleet <Starfleet at Command.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f55db82 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A copy can be acquired from friends....

"alexthemartian" <alex at virtual-studios.net> wrote in
news:3f5531b9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> dont forget the teenagers.. who build, chat, and also complain in NGs

I think she included teens in "kids".

[View Quote] This same system has been around for ages, and yes, you can do it that
way and it is abused that way from time to time. Nothing is going to be
100% perfect.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

joeman

Sep 7, 2003, 7:51pm
Oh, I guess your out of luck then, eh?

-Joe

[View Quote]

starfleet

Sep 8, 2003, 3:30am
You are the infant who needs one, not me.

[View Quote] So you only have one friend? ;)

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

starfleet

Sep 8, 2003, 1:57pm
I said he needs a friend to be able to get a copy since he's a kid, but I doubt he can
find a friend. :P