Console system such as quake and ut? (Wishlist)

Console system such as quake and ut? // Wishlist

1  |

chris cat

Aug 14, 2003, 3:52am
i think this could fix a lot of admin problems, and possibly have the
abillity to use the rcon system (Remote Console), just an idea

joeman

Aug 14, 2003, 10:21am
Wait... remote console? What problems would this solve?! You can already do
_everything_ with the world server admin tool and a normal AW browser.
Would this remote console allow you to connect to remote systems and control
them? Sounds like a rather bad idea to me.

-Joe

"chris cat" <masada11 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3f3b23a7$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> i think this could fix a lot of admin problems, and possibly have the
> abillity to use the rcon system (Remote Console), just an idea

Uh... No. We really don't need a console. Consoles are good for games,
where you might have tons of hidden commands and settings that you want to
make available to mod developers, etc, but in AW we get full control of
everything from the browser and world admin tools.

We already have the equivalent of rcon, the admin tool. Maybe you don't
know that it's designed to connect to remote servers?