Best Idea EVER! (Wishlist)

Best Idea EVER! // Wishlist

1  |

crazy pills

May 26, 2003, 12:25am
ok so anyway i was hopiong aw reads this. i think aw should make cell
enabled fly/shift so if a private build had it you could allwo flyign in a
single area and have it tuyrned off in another its work liek terrain objects
place it and it cancles it. this woudl help in any world liek an rpg they
could have speciakl areas where dly is allwoed liek for minisgames and
stuff. and also i think in awteen and aw so if awteen was holding an event
lets say PB they keep their fly/shift blocks in that area and anywhere else
would allow it UNLESS it also had the fly/shift block...

crazy pills

May 26, 2003, 12:27am
ALSO:
with this i think AWI could do it simply... or even a freeware bot would
allow this like Demeter. all u need is basic program change, and someone to
make a custoem object. hey if i was good enouh ide make it.

-Dr. CrAzY
quote of the day drugs are bad especially when i perscribe them.
[View Quote]

king small guy

May 26, 2003, 11:09am
Cool idia crazy pills i cant think of anything better (yet)

--
_ _
../ (king small guy) \.

[View Quote]

brock

May 26, 2003, 1:51pm
This has been suggested numerous times over the last 4 years, and nothing
has happened.

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader

Oh for crying out loud wait till I get my hands on the plugin server then I
can do all of these.

not possible with a bot....

[View Quote]

sk8man2

May 26, 2003, 3:49pm
Plugin server? I've never heard of one of those. Do you mean one you're
going to make or one that's in the process of being made, or what?

[View Quote]

defiance

May 26, 2003, 4:57pm
NewAW one.

[View Quote]

john

May 26, 2003, 5:04pm
It would be if you (and aw) did the following:

~AW~
Make fly + shift RIGHTS

~YOU~
Rights for fly & shift would be defined by citizen number, while the user is
in the world, they have these rights. If they enter an area marked by two
objects (in a + shape

+
) which has 0 (or 1) and is built by somebody who has the right according to
the bot, people lose/gain these rights of fly/shift

Might be a long-winded way of doing it but if AW didn't want to implement
something like this they could just do the long-wanted wish of fly & shift
as rights and then someone (e.g. BRANT) could make some kewl bot that allows
this.

~John

[View Quote]

technozeus

May 27, 2003, 2:18pm
lots of variations on this have also been suggested over the years, such as commands to set local gravity levels or the ability to reverse gravity within a certain area or add a command to give an object it's own gravity which would attract avatars toward it either vertically only or in all directions when it's in view range. I like some of them (such as the variations on gravity commands) but unless an indicator is added let us know at any given moment whether or not we caan fly, it wouldn't do much good to be able to turn on fly privs in select cells... and by the way, lots of ideas have been introduced as "the best idea ever" over the years too. :) Still, good that people speak up and tell what their ideas are, even if they're not unique or well researched... because it keeps the brain storming going.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

crazy pills

May 27, 2003, 7:43pm
I dotn think y'all get the picture, i dont need an indicator, it dosnt need
anything just basic aw programing, liek they did for demeter, that contorls
it so instead od SD:begin u coudl haev a bot have like Fs:begin or sumtin
and then the object specific area would allow it, so in this way only on
that opvject you could not fly or not shift, most people cover land anyway,
above or below ground, why not :-)

Crazy you have absolutly no idea what the hell you are on about :)

john

May 28, 2003, 3:33pm
Crazy, r u dumb or summit?

You cant stop people flying and shifting, how could you!?

Read my reply a lil way up (replied to SWE), that makes much more sense and
would also take a highly-requested wish into account :-)

let me rephrase that, not currently possible with a bot....

-SWE

[View Quote]

john

May 28, 2003, 6:25pm
LolLol

it'd be easy for aw to implement fly & shift as rights which is why I think
its so stupid :-O All they'd need to do is keep FLY & SHIFT values but
make it change upon wheather u have those rights or not

egh? And an interface... and a database... and a protocol update (Bot to
World, World to Client, Client to World, Bot to world).... and a bandwidth
increase... lots more than you think.

technozeus

May 29, 2003, 2:39am
....and the potential of running into limitations on how many people can be assigned that right at the same time.

TZ

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3ed4f2d4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Crazy, r u dumb or summit?
>
> You cant stop people flying and shifting, how could you!?
>
> Read my reply a lil way up (replied to SWE), that makes much more
> sense and would also take a highly-requested wish into account :-)

Forcing them down to the ground using aw_teleport(). To do this accurately
you'd need to implement 3D collision detection, which means a lot of work
and high resource-use at runtime.

KAH

jstone2004

May 29, 2003, 9:18pm
for the most part, terrain objects only work with demeter, terrain objects
aren't an actual part of the browser :-)

crazy pills

Jun 1, 2003, 7:06pm
i knw that hence the term LIKE Terrain objects, and have a bot LIKE
demeter...aw needs to have sections, liek they have owner terrain rights...
have fly/shift rights and allow the bot to edit those.... in specific nodes.

And... the only way to do that is the plugin server and the zoning code
which only about 3 developers have... 1 of them is me, 1 of them is Trav and
1 of them is Tony M with mine and Travs being the most advanced.

You need to realise you can't just create thing on the fly without major
updates to things such as databases.

john

Jun 10, 2003, 8:31pm
Mark?

U got the wrong idea:

AW make it so fly & shift are RIGHTS

when people enter an area where they arent allowed to fly/shift (by a bot),
it removes their fly & shift RIGHTS, when they leave it returns them... this
has already been done in the past for other things like BUILD in the FREEDOM
world of Outerworlds

[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2003, 1:39pm