world user list (Wishlist)

world user list // Wishlist

1  |

chiana

Apr 18, 2003, 7:17pm
how about a way of telling who is in a world ?

maybe you could right click on a world in the list and it would popup a user
list of people in there.

this could be a tied into the privacy setting for each user
so they could dissable this feature.

dion

Apr 18, 2003, 7:43pm
Not a bad idea. I like it. :-)

-Dion

[View Quote] maybe you could right click on a world in the list and it would popup a user
list of people in there.

this could be a tied into the privacy setting for each user
so they could dissable this feature.

Global mode is really the only suitable way of doing this other than
reporting a huge list each time you click on a world. You have to consider
that not everyone configs their browser to start with, they could be giving
their position away for ages before they realised, perhaps world owners dont
want people to know whom is in their worlds etc etc??

chiana

Apr 18, 2003, 8:29pm
[View Quote] yeah thats true enough, but it could be set as default that it hides you on
the world list, and maybe there could be a setting for world caretakers to
dissable this feature ?

was just a though :)

goddess innie

Apr 18, 2003, 10:13pm
What if someone is in your world that wants to be hidden?

[View Quote]

chiana

Apr 18, 2003, 10:16pm
in my first post " this could be a tied into the privacy setting for each
user
so they could dissable this feature.
"

so they would be able to set it in their own privacy settings kinda like
disblaying what world you are in you can choose to or not to.

rossyboy

Apr 23, 2003, 10:18pm
Perhaps this hiding could be easy to ativate/deactivate... what I mean
is, there could be an on/off button that can be used to temporarily
hide/show yourself. Every time you open close AW, that button could
change back to what is set in the options, hidden/not hidden.

"chiana" <stonkingv8 at hotmail.com> wrote this
(news:3ea08765$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in wishlist on 19 Apr 2003:

> in my first post " this could be a tied into the privacy setting for
> each user
> so they could dissable this feature.
> "
>

> so they would be able to set it in their own privacy settings kinda
> like disblaying what world you are in you can choose to or not to.

panther1403

Apr 28, 2003, 1:57pm
like AFK