closed worlds (Wishlist)

closed worlds // Wishlist

1  |

goddess innie

Apr 18, 2003, 1:20am
It is difficult to tell the grey worlds from the light blue worlds. Is
there anyway we can make them red again? Red was so much easier to see, oh
that one is closed.

bowen

Apr 18, 2003, 1:27am
[View Quote] I brought this up earlier. I agree. Closed and red go well together.

--Bowen--

dlp anne

Apr 18, 2003, 1:55am
Red is already used for X rated worlds.
All them light blue worlds are on 3.3 servers still.
Once 3.4 is out of beta and all worlds are using the 3.4 server there will
be no light blue 3.3 worlds.
The colors for 3.4 are.
pink for G rated worlds.
dark blue for PG rated worlds.
green for PG 13 rated worlds.
yellow for R rated worlds.
red for X rated worlds.
gray for closed worlds.

[View Quote]

goddess innie

Apr 18, 2003, 2:02am
oh!!!, OK!

[View Quote]

defiance

Apr 18, 2003, 5:15am
Red and pink are almost the same color -_-

[View Quote]

technozeus

Apr 18, 2003, 7:28am
Actually, at least on my screen, the X rated worlds are currently in red-orange, and the G rated worlds are in magenta. That's not as close to the same colors as red and pink.

TechnoZeus

Apr 18, 2003, 8:02am
I'm not a big friend of GUI skins but in this case I think
it would be nice to have a chooseable DLL with only the
BMP ressources contained. This would allow people to modify
those buttons and markers without copyright trouble.

The Win SDK has those functions to load ressources from
a module outside of the current program binary (EXE/DLL).

Plus it would be more "stuff" to offer on download pages :)

[View Quote]

defiance

Apr 18, 2003, 8:37am
I agree.

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Apr 18, 2003, 10:18am
what about ppl like me who dont care about ratings and just want wolrds ot
be red or green depending they are open or not , there should be a "retro"
option for those things

ananas

Apr 18, 2003, 10:44am
Custom ressources would help you too, you could have one
green ball for all open worlds, all ratings the same, and
one red ball for all not public ones.

And we could fix the icons on the build box buttons too.

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Apr 18, 2003, 1:29pm
was thinking about that also , but would the crc check mess up ? not sure ,
i dont want another mail from bill

[View Quote] It shouldn't matter.

The idea was to put this kind of patching on a legal base
with an external ressource DLL that you are allowed to alter.

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Apr 23, 2003, 9:30pm
So you're basically talking about browser skins? That's a great idea!

Be careful not to upgrade all your old versions... hope someone still has
them somewhere or you won't be able to make a retro skin...

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> wrote this (news:3EA04ABA.7449A375 at oct31.de) in
wishlist on 18 Apr 2003:

> The idea was to put this kind of patching on a legal base
> with an external ressource DLL that you are allowed to alter.

[View Quote] Well, not really a skin. Just the ability to replace certain image files. Skinning
is a whole lot more complex than that.