add web controll.......... (Wishlist)

add web controll.......... // Wishlist

1  |

dlp anne

Feb 28, 2003, 9:50am
Add web control buttons "Back, Forward, Refresh, and Stop" for when you
force a web page into the 3D window with target=aw_3d

technozeus

Mar 1, 2003, 6:54am
I would like that, but I would like it even better if they went one step further and added an option to have all web pages opened by Active Worlds when you explicitly click on something go to the 3D window by default. I think I would just leave my Web frame closed "all the time" instead of most of the time like I do now, and have it open only links that I explicitly select... except, if there was a way to have the world's home webpage open in the 3D window when entering the world, I would opt for that... which would be nice, because I could read it while the world loads.

TechnoZeus

Why don't you just use an external browser window?

The implementation of aw_3d is plain crap, instead of just
overlaying the 3d window with a web window, the 3d window
is completely removed with all its contents.

Using the aw_3d target will make most people instantly
leave the place where it happened. All models have to
be rendered again when the 3d view returns, that sometimes
makes the browser unusable for 20 or more seconds.
Even chat text and input are affected and do not work
anymore for quite a long time.

[View Quote]

technozeus

Mar 1, 2003, 9:03pm
Have you tested that recently? Some of the changes they made a while back should have changed that behavior.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

mix master

Mar 2, 2003, 5:28pm
unfortunately the aw_3d window as a browser is unstable, lots of times when
i try to close it, the browser messes up and i have to ctrl alt delete it,
and then restart it.

[View Quote]

technozeus

Mar 2, 2003, 6:52pm
Have you reported this? Sounds like a bug. Also... do you get any kind of error message?

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

mix master

Mar 2, 2003, 7:00pm
yeah....Dreamland Park has performed an illegal error...lol
or aworld.exe its the same thing..

"mix master" <2200 at bellsouth.net> wrote in
news:3e625b5a at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> unfortunately the aw_3d window as a browser is unstable, lots of times
> when i try to close it, the browser messes up and i have to ctrl alt
> delete it, and then restart it.

On my other machine it makes my cursor a 32x32 white square when I activate
it...

KAH

technozeus

Mar 3, 2003, 5:21pm
Ah, okay... different universe. What uniserver, world, and borwser build numbers?

TechnoZeus