Stick Command (Wishlist)

Stick Command // Wishlist

1  |

ryan jacob

Dec 26, 2002, 6:46pm
My wish is that AW had a stick command for objects in which an avatar
sticked to an object or objects while moving..i.e. jungle vine, monkey bars,
etc.

I apologize in advance if this has already been wished for ;)

Ryan Jacob

john

Dec 26, 2002, 6:47pm
It has

about a million times...

Oi Shamus, get to it plz. lol

[View Quote] I'd rather not have more bugs. :P

--Bowen--

technozeus

Dec 27, 2002, 4:48am
It's probably near the top of the list of what to put in the next version of AW after 3.4 is released.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

john

Dec 27, 2002, 2:21pm
Has anyone else noticed that the AWORLD.exe is forever getting smaller? A
while ago it was over 1mb and although they implement more features, it
still manages to decrease in size. Do aw sacrifice the un-bugginess of the
program for size??

"john" <johnf_the_great at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e0c7e0a at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Has anyone else noticed that the AWORLD.exe is forever getting
> smaller? A while ago it was over 1mb and although they implement more
> features, it still manages to decrease in size. Do aw sacrifice the
> un-bugginess of the program for size??

They're probably delegating more work to the programs that support AW (like
RW3). That might well be to get less bugs and more readable code.

"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> wrote in
news:Xns92F1B3F5781BCkahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201:

> They're probably delegating more work to the programs that support AW
> (like RW3). That might well be to get less bugs and more readable
> code.

I forgot to mention that they're crypting the executeable now, they
probably compact it at the same time.

KAH

andras

Dec 27, 2002, 4:22pm
[View Quote] The main reason of the code size decrease is the reintroduced dll-s :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

"andras" <andras at andras.net> wrote in news:3e0c9a79$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The main reason of the code size decrease is the reintroduced dll-s :)

That's what I said :-D

KAH

technozeus

Dec 29, 2002, 12:44pm
There are a lot of factors. The size changes when they find ways to rewrite sections of code more efficiently, when they change whether they link to an external DLL library or include the library functions in the executable, when they manage to turn several related processes into a single process that operates differently under different conditions, resources such as built in objects and sounds being moved into or out of the main executable file, data such at that contained in the message files being moved into out out of the main executable file, and so on. Actually, it's not really consistantly getting smaller. Here's a list of the sizes of some different builds of aworld.exe that I have...

Build 200 = 848896 bytes
Build 232 = 930816 bytes
Build 235 = 893440 bytes
Build 261 = 806400 bytes
Build 263 = 812023 bytes
Build 266 = 813568 bytes
Build 287 = 860160 bytes
Build 289 = 863744 bytes
Build 295 = 864768 bytes
Build 303 = 889344 bytes
Build 306 = 876544 bytes
Build 336 = 1019904 bytes
Build 337 = 1036288 bytes
Build 339 = 1028096 bytes
Build 342 = 1032192 bytes
Build 350 = 1048576 bytes
Build 354 = 1036288 bytes
Build 361 = 1130496 bytes
Build 375 = 1134592 bytes
Build 397 = 716800 bytes
Build 401 = 716800 bytes
Build 402 = 716800 bytes
Build 419 = 692224 bytes
Build 435 = 716800 bytes
Build 443 = 720896 bytes
Build 446 = 749568 bytes
Build 447 = 749568 bytes
Build 451 = 749568 bytes

As you can see, there are a few large changes in size, but mostly small changes either way.

TechnoZeus