Reject Message (Wishlist)

Reject Message // Wishlist

1  |

sk8man1

Dec 21, 2002, 4:26pm
It would be also nice if the world owner could set a rejection message
instead of the "You are not allowed to enter the world BLAH.". Could be
useful if you want to know who to contact to get enterance to the world
maybe?

Thankies ^.^

-Sk8man1 (346035)

anduin

Dec 21, 2002, 9:29pm
An identity claiming to be known as sk8man1 scribed the following news:3e04b25b at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> It would be also nice if the world owner could set a rejection message
> instead of the "You are not allowed to enter the world BLAH.". Could be
> useful if you want to know who to contact to get enterance to the world
> maybe?

Very good. You could also post a URL to the website about your world, where they could read rules, fill in application form and such before the Caretaker adds entry rights to that Citnum or gives a PPW to use.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

sk8man1

Dec 21, 2002, 9:31pm
yeah ^.^

[View Quote]

technozeus

Dec 22, 2002, 8:24am
Yep, there are a lot of things that could be done with a world entry rejection message. I like that idea of puting a web form URL in the message. Perhaps this could be taken a step farther and add a checkbox for whether or not to open the world's set homepage upon failed world entry in addition to upon successful world entry.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

ryan jacob

Dec 23, 2002, 5:52pm
I think it's a good idea but isn't there the potential for abuse in the
reject messages..would they be regulated or anything?

Ryan Jacob

[View Quote]

technozeus

Dec 24, 2002, 9:43am
There's a potnetial for abuse in anything that has a potential for use. In this casem the potential for abuse is no greater than the potential for abuse of the world's Welcome message and the ability to set a world so that anyone can enter it and read that message. Keep in mind that this would a way of getting only a single text message, which obviously is much less than what you get if you are actually allowed to enter the world. The potential for proper use are what we sould be concerned with, because it would allow world owners a way to give people such information as why the world is closed, when (if ever) it will be open, and where to look or who to contact for more details. Abuse of such a feature would be handled like abuse of any other information providing feature, if such abuse were to happen and be bad enough for people to look for a way to deal with it. It would be a very useful feature.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

john

Dec 25, 2002, 11:02am
Idea comes to mind, what about an ASP, PHP & CGI sdk which connects to the
world server & adds certain citnums to cert boxes if the script has right
PASSWORD for that world (it will be a different password 2 world 1)

~John

P.S. Thoughts, anyone?

I think it is a very good idea.

Might just as well have a CPP bot on a CT PPW

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3e0a3e4e at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Might just as well have a CPP bot on a CT PPW

Yeah, but his idea was to use a web page to let you in (or something like
that). It's already possible, check out the AWSDK PHP extension 9 9 9 wrote
a year back (build 22):
http://www.grimmsoft.com/aw/php/