If only AW had ... (Wishlist)

If only AW had ... // Wishlist

1  |

lethys

------=_NextPart_000_0158_01C27AB8.32B29250

This is a post for a basic wishlist for AW. Feel free to add to it!
If there are further problems caused by these, please be sure to discuss =
them!
1.. Grip, where if you are standing on a moving object, you will move =
with it, same with rotating.
2.. Global commands, where you can make objects move without =
synchronization with universe clock for all people within range of that =
object.
3.. Sticky Objects, where an object (such as a plane) will move with =
the user, useful if you want to add vehicles.
4.. Water Reflections, for that extra sense of realism.
5.. Terrain Marker Split, for making precise adjustments to terrain. =
This involves clicking a button in the Terrain Dialog box that makes the =
selected cell into 4 terrain tiles, for more precise adjustments.
6.. Looping Worlds, This may be hard to implement, but it is simply =
the concept of making worlds circular instead of flat.
7.. Sun, Stars, Moon, be great if these could be real instead of =
stamping them on a texture.
8.. A Bot Panel, yet another tab for AW, with integrated Preston-like =
bot support.
9.. World Sections, e.g.. If you're between 5n 5w and 10n 10w in a =
world, a message in the titlebar that says for instance, "Active Worlds =
- AWTeen at 6N 5W (The City)"
10.. Contact/Teleport Folders, for the people with many of them, =
folders, such as "Co-Workers", "Friends", and customizable ones, and =
teleport too, "AWTeen Teleports", "Phonic Maniak's Buildings", and =
customizable as well.
11.. An AW Client SDK, no 3D, but just logging in, 2D, still go into =
worlds, still chat, still send telegrams, etc. Just no 3D, and able for =
coding in VB or C++
Any others? Keep this thread going!

LETHYS

------=_NextPart_000_0158_01C27AB8.32B29250

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>
<BODY>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG>This is a post for a basic wishlist for AW. =
Feel free=20
to add to it!</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG>If there are further problems caused by =
these, please=20
be sure to discuss them!</STRONG></DIV>
<OL>
<LI><STRONG>Grip</STRONG>, where if you are standing on a moving =
object, you=20
will move with it, same with rotating.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Global commands</STRONG>, where you can make objects move=20
<EM>without synchronization with universe clock</EM>=20
for&nbsp;<STRONG>all</STRONG> people within range of that object.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Sticky Objects</STRONG>, where an object (such as a plane) =
will=20
move with the user, useful if you want to add vehicles.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Water Reflections</STRONG>, for that extra sense of =
realism.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Terrain Marker Split</STRONG>, for making precise =
adjustments to=20
terrain. This involves clicking a button in the Terrain Dialog box =
that makes=20
the selected cell into 4 terrain tiles, for more precise =
adjustments.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Looping Worlds</STRONG>, This may be hard to implement, =
but it is=20
simply the concept of making worlds circular instead of flat.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Sun, Stars, Moon</STRONG>, be great if these could be real =
instead=20
of stamping them on a texture.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>A Bot Panel</STRONG>, yet another tab for AW, with =
integrated=20
Preston-like bot support.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>World Sections</STRONG>, e.g.. If you're between 5n 5w and =
10n 10w=20
in a world, a message in the titlebar that says for instance, "Active =
Worlds -=20
AWTeen at 6N 5W (The City)"</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Contact/Teleport Folders</STRONG>, for the people with =
many of=20
them, folders, such as "Co-Workers", "Friends", and customizable ones, =
and=20
teleport too, "AWTeen Teleports", "Phonic Maniak's Buildings", and=20
customizable as well.</LI>
<LI><STRONG>An AW Client SDK</STRONG>, no 3D, but just logging in, 2D, =
still=20
go into worlds, still chat, still send telegrams, etc. Just no 3D, and =
able=20
for coding in VB or C++</LI></OL>
<DIV>Any others? Keep this thread going!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>LETHYS</DIV></BODY></HTML></FONT></FONT>

------=_NextPart_000_0158_01C27AB8.32B29250--

A warning that comes up when your attempting to post in HTML that says DONT!

- Mark :P

[View Quote] LETHYS

carlbanks

Oct 23, 2002, 8:59pm
It now has sun,moon,stars

[View Quote]

ncc 71854

Oct 24, 2002, 5:51am
What does?

[View Quote]

ncc 71854

Oct 24, 2002, 5:54am
> "Active Worlds - AWTeen at 6N 5W (The City)"

Have it say "Active Worlds - AWTeen at 6.2N 5.7W facing W"
...or "Active Worlds - AWTeen at 6.2N 5.7W facing 270"

d a n

Oct 24, 2002, 6:58am
Grip, where if you are standing on a moving object, you will move with it,
same with rotating.

I meantured that in a previous post of mine :)

---
D a n

[View Quote] LETHYS

"ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
news:3db7a683$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> What does?

Read the post he's replying to, DUH.

KAH

lethys

Oct 24, 2002, 6:27pm
Or maybe just an option to use W/270 or 2.4N/2N

Although I would personally like to see the title bar say:

"Active Worlds - AWTeen as 6.2N 5.7W facing W 254° (<section name here>)

[View Quote]

lethys

Oct 24, 2002, 6:29pm
Note that some of these ideas WERE taken from other posts, and I sincerely
apologize if it made someone mad.

[View Quote] Grip, where if you are standing on a moving object, you will move with it,
same with rotating.

[...]

Oct 24, 2002, 6:33pm
Also, another idea:

A Code Builder, where instead of typing everything in yourself, you have a
button below the action window that brings you to a new tabbed window, where
you could click and drag actions to form AW code.

The tabs:

Create:
<buttons for actions>
Activate:
<buttons for actions>
Bump:
<buttons for actions>
Adone:
<buttons for actions>

anduin

Oct 24, 2002, 11:20pm
An identity claiming to be known as "kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> scribed the following <Xns92B1A98F4B0D5kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201> in wishlist:

>"ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
>news:3db7a683$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

>Read the post he's replying to, DUH.

Umm, exactly the point. He was replying to the 'wrong' post [DUH!].

--
,,,,,
(o o)

j b e l l

Oct 25, 2002, 3:23am
9 9 9 is talking about integrating physics into AW (this would include the
"Grip" concept, and perhaps the "sticky objects" but that would be
difficult..

in the new version of AW there *is* a "Real" sun/moon.. NewAW integrates the
town system..

the rest.. *shrugs* i don't work for aw, lol..

- J
"Correct me if I'm wrong.. because I probably am.."
[View Quote] LETHYS