Beta Testing Idea (Wishlist)

Beta Testing Idea // Wishlist

1  |

dion

Sep 24, 2002, 5:34pm
I think the beta should test one feature at a time. They should test just
that one feature and after a week or two of very little or no bugs found, it
should be released to the public. That way there are updates more often to
interest the public and testing will be better because each feature will get
lots of attention from the beta-testers.

-Dion

anduin

Sep 24, 2002, 7:51pm
An identity claiming to be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following <3d90be5f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>I think the beta should test one feature at a time. They should test just
>that one feature and after a week or two of very little or no bugs found, it
>should be released to the public. That way there are updates more often to
>interest the public and testing will be better because each feature will get
>lots of attention from the beta-testers.

I agree.

When they are making a new version, they should note down what features people wanted added and what other features should be added...

A few features should be added to the version and when there are no more bug issues, send it off. Not go and add something else which wasn't even called for (water), which seems to need a whole lot of work...

Are they making AW 3.4 the 'last' version of AW? Cause it sure seems like it, more and more is being added in one go, and it's never ready. At this rate, there'll be no more ideas :oP

--
,,,,,
(o o)

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> wrote in
news:qtl1pu8ejo23hbur6uhq48b8ffn4ndc96j at 4ax.com:

> I agree.
>
> When they are making a new version, they should note down what
> features people wanted added and what other features should be
> added...
>
> A few features should be added to the version and when there are no
> more bug issues, send it off. Not go and add something else which
> wasn't even called for (water), which seems to need a whole lot of
> work...
>
> Are they making AW 3.4 the 'last' version of AW? Cause it sure seems
> like it, more and more is being added in one go, and it's never ready.
> At this rate, there'll be no more ideas :oP

Oh, I don't think there's much danger of a feature-idea shortage ;-)) That
would be a *miracle*! Doesn't seem to take much longer than previous
versions (and if I remember it right there is stuff planned for 3.5
already...), but it's better that it takes longer, because the last
versions seem to have been rushed out of beta with plenty of bugs out and
about.

KAH

dion

Sep 24, 2002, 8:50pm
But if they just did one feature at a time, the upgrades would come quick
and with very little bugs. I remember hearing that after 3.3, they were
going to start making smaller updates that came more often (about once a
month) but it doesn't seem like that's happening.

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 24, 2002, 10:48pm
i heard that too...
oh well bugs suck and accoridng the to beta NG's there are still a lot there
[View Quote]

anduin

Sep 25, 2002, 11:32am
An identity claiming to be known as "the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> scribed the following <3d9107ed at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>i heard that too...
>oh well bugs suck and accoridng the to beta NG's there are still a lot there

Well that's the point. They've added ANOTHER feature (water) which has even more bugs when the previous ones haven't even been fixed! Water should have been added in 3.5 or something.

And I like the idea of one feature at a time with small upgrades during each build.

--
,,,,,

news:h4d3pu037h1ocbsd9q7eep4gbrrehpo06k at 4ax.com:

> Well that's the point. They've added ANOTHER feature (water) which has
> even more bugs when the previous ones haven't even been fixed! Water
> should have been added in 3.5 or something.
>
> And I like the idea of one feature at a time with small upgrades
> during each build.

Heh, must be the first time someone complains because they add more
features than planned ;-)) Also, note the difference between build and
version. You can't have two identical builds, the build is incremented
every time the AW source is built (compiled). Some developers use dates for
the build number too. The version doesn't need to change between each build
(as you know since you use AW).

KAH

the derek

Sep 25, 2002, 10:39pm
The version doesn't need to change between each build

am i blind... who said that lol

anyways i think they should release new versions more often than they
currently are 3.3 is boring

[View Quote]

brock

Sep 26, 2002, 9:18am
Hmm but that'd be too often maybe

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 433
Brock at iceflare.net

dion

Sep 26, 2002, 8:36pm
once every 2-3wks is too often?

"Browsers are like sex positions, they get boreing after youve used them too many times" - Just off the top of my head, I cant remember where / who i Heard it (from).

technozeus

Nov 25, 2002, 6:52am
Would it be every 2 to 3 weeks, really? Realistically, it would probably be less often than that, but the real question is... how often would it have to be in order to keep up with the way they are doingit now.

I'll look into the answer to THAT question, and I'll post it in a new thread when I've got it figured out. :)

TechnoZeus