TV Station Wish (Wishlist)

TV Station Wish // Wishlist

1  2  |

commander a1ct

Jul 31, 2002, 11:19pm
*Wishes Someone Can Help Me Make A PHP So I Can Run Ads 24-7 On My New TV
Station Thats Comming Out Soon*

carlbanks

Aug 1, 2002, 12:03am
Everyone is making TV Stations now a days. Here,There,Everywhere

--
-CarLBanks, 335711

Active Worlds 3.3 Build 419

yeah it's getting old too.

--Bowen--

> Everyone is making TV Stations now a days. Here,There,Everywhere

<?PHP
$aPics = array (
'picture1',
'picture2',
'picture3',
'picture4'
);

$DocRoot = './';

$i = time()%sizeof($aPics);
$Basename = $aPics[$i].'.jpg';
$Filename = $DocRoot.'/'.$Basename;

Header ('Content-type: image/jpeg');
Header( 'Content-Disposition: attachment; filename='.$Basename );
readfile ($Filename);
?>

[View Quote]

brock

Aug 1, 2002, 2:49pm
Yeah and that's the thing 3/4th of the tv stations suck and have no purpose

Not a problem of my script but of the contents I hope

Now if your script could log onto AW and produce its own shows, film them
and then upload em it would be graet :o)

> Now if your script could log onto AW and produce its own shows, film them
> and then upload em it would be graet :o)

You'd have to create a bot to do that. I wouldn't doubt it couldn't be
done. It'd be hard though, very hard.

--Bowen--

dion

Aug 2, 2002, 4:10pm
You'd have to create your own way of rendering the RWX files based on
querying the area and the distance between the bot and the object. That
would be one hell of a bot!

[View Quote]

grimble

Aug 2, 2002, 5:08pm
RWX's are the simple bit - they at least make sense and are well documented
.... its the COBs that screw it! Writing the loader is just too damned
boring. A number of the 3D engines out there now support the idea of a
"generic mesh" that can be built at runtime and added to a scene. I made a
good start on one for RWX's with the TrueVision3D SDK but like I said, COBs
just made it more work than I could be bothered with. Had a few issues with
the near clipping plane that irritated me too much as well. Might pick it up
again one day.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 2, 2002, 6:15pm
Hey, if you can make a bot that can see in AW, I'm sure tons of people could
use that. That would be awesome, even if it can't view cob objects. Most
places don't use cob anyway, I've found AW to have quite a few issues with
COB formatted objects.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 2, 2002, 6:19pm
Unfortunately, it's always random. Even if you have a database, multiple TVs
refreshing at different times will screw it up.

[View Quote]

grimble

Aug 2, 2002, 6:49pm
Well even if it was finished and working (which it isn't and maybe never
will be), I make a point of not sharing bots I write because of the reaction
things generally get from this group. Occasionally I'll help out on
something specific if I can, but I'm not opening myself up to the level of
rudeness of so many here and their selfish expectations of other people. I
do things out of my own curiosity.

Maybe before I move on I'll leave the code lying around or something.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 2, 2002, 10:27pm
If you ever do it, take a couple screenshots, I would love to see it. :-)

If you don't want it random, you can just use create animate
instead of create picture (no script at all) or replace the
line

$i = time()%sizeof($aPics);

by

$factor=100; /* see comment below */
$i = (time()/$factor)%sizeof($aPics);

where the value for factor would depend on the setting of the
update frequency in the picture object properties.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 3, 2002, 1:46am
Could you explain all of it? I can't seem to see how it wouldn't be random.

You need to synchronize the expression

(time()/$factor)

with the refresh rate of the picture in AW, so it is
incremented by one on each refresh.
As time() counts seconds and AW refresh is in seconds
too, the $factor should equal the update value in the
picture property box.

Example for a refresh every 100 seconds and 5 pictures
in the sequence :

create picture script.php update=100
and
$factor = 100;

On the first loading, let's say time() returned the
value 1000, so (time()/$factor) will be 10 and
time()%sizeof($aPics)%5; will be 0, so the first
picture will be loaded.

100 seconds later the refresh occurs, time() returns
1100 then and (1100/100) is 11. (11)%5 is 1 so the second
picture will be sent to AW.
100 seconds later the next refresh occurs, time() returns
1200 and (1200/100) is 12. (12)%5 is 2 so it's the third
picture now.

As the clocks on your PC and the web server sure are not
100% synchronous it might occur sometimes, that a picture
is skipped or the same one is sent a second time, but it
will sure work correct in more than 99% of all downloads.

Time is not a random value, that's why it works.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 3, 2002, 5:57am
Oh, cool! :-D
Now I don't even know why I didn't understand it... LOL :-P
Thanks for that :-)

[View Quote]

slim smokey

Aug 11, 2002, 3:17am
It was never cool...updating pictures...it's one of the lamest things about
AW...

I woudlent say that, it CAN be good at some times, but rotating adds should be nuked
[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Aug 11, 2002, 6:12pm
no..but awt33n should be n00ked :\

When You can spell it It might happen, so.. its never going to happen :)

-Mark

[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Aug 18, 2002, 10:29pm
i dun need to spell it right for u, u r nobody special.
no one needs u arrogant, rude and self-centered kids of awteen..

"ncc 72897" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
news:3d603beb at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> i dun need to spell it right for u, u r nobody special.
> no one needs u arrogant, rude and self-centered kids of

We don't need arrogant, rude and self-centered kids from AWTeen because we
have you! You're quite extraordinary in fullfilling all the criterias that
you critise in your post. Now please shut up, you're getting annoying!

KAH

ncc 72897

Aug 19, 2002, 2:03pm
no, U awteen kids should shut up, coz everything i said about u is the
truth. go get some maturity and learn to respect other ppl.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 19, 2002, 8:05pm
Would you please stop stereotyping all people from AWTeen as being immature
and disrespectful? Not all people who go to AWTeen what you stereotype them
as.

[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Aug 20, 2002, 5:22am
Not all, but most. All those who ignore other ppl on purpose and think
they're better than others. Most of those at GZ are arrogant and
disrespectful. Their reasonless disliking and disrespecting towards me and
other worlds like A!!CT proves this.

"ncc 72897" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
news:3d61ee28 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Not all, but most. All those who ignore other ppl on purpose and think
> they're better than others. Most of those at GZ are arrogant and
> disrespectful. Their reasonless disliking and disrespecting towards me
> and other worlds like A!!CT proves this.

Do you know why I don't like you? Because you behave like an a..hole in the
NGs, and you don't seem to know how to behave. That's a reason. If you get
your act together and behave properly, then I won't have any problems with
you.

KAH

ncc 72897

Aug 20, 2002, 3:40pm
I didn't start this whole thing. YOU people provocated this. So either you
start to behave properly towards me otherwise I'll just give you the same
treatment and disliking back that you are giving me.

Erm Kah isnt even an AWTeenian...