Disallow certain permissions (Wishlist)

Disallow certain permissions // Wishlist

1  |

dion

Jul 22, 2002, 11:52pm
I think there should be a feature to allow you to let everyone but a
selected few do something. So you could give build to everyone but by
putting a '-' in front of their citizen number, it would disallow them from
building. Could be pretty useful.

Sigh, posted this wish about a year back, but no luck :-/

[View Quote]

the derek

Jul 23, 2002, 3:31am
this has probably been posted 10+ times and aw still hasnt gotton it thorugh
that WE WANT THIS FEATURE!!!!
[View Quote]

the joker ss

Jul 23, 2002, 4:15am
i think the most important thing , someone not letting enter a world by cit
# is allowed now by adding an eject by cit # , its at least something

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d3cea2b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> this has probably been posted 10+ times and aw still hasnt gotton it
thorugh
> that WE WANT THIS FEATURE!!!!
[View Quote]

linn

Jul 23, 2002, 8:07am
yes we WANT IT NOW but fuss if they want money for it all sigh
[View Quote]

tony m

Jul 23, 2002, 11:26am
i don't think anybody from AWI even reads this newsgroup :/

[View Quote] >this has probably been posted 10+ times and aw still hasnt gotton it thorugh
>that WE WANT THIS FEATURE!!!!

maki

Jul 24, 2002, 1:55am
flagg posted to the derek's buy/sell world thread..maybe somebody contacted
aw...or maybe they were just randomly looking for suspicious things..maybe
he doesn't even do anything with aw..considering there's hardly anyone
left..

--
maki www.awmaki.com

[View Quote]

dion

Jul 24, 2002, 2:00am
I'm sure they do.

[View Quote]

d a n

Jul 24, 2002, 9:28am
Rick doesn't even read the NG's I don't think >_<

<D a n>

Chill guys! Im working on it, a bot that does it should be out or if u want
a standalone I can make 1 in a few min

dion

Jul 25, 2002, 6:38pm
I'm sure making a bot to do this would be easy but it'd be much simpler as a
feature of the world rights.

[View Quote]

tomilius

Jul 27, 2002, 4:30am
I don't know how long Active Worlds has been out, but sometimes I wonder how
much time they spend working on Active Worlds a day... the developers...
maybe like 10 minutes!

Were talking thousands and thousands and thousands of lines of VC++ Code
with all the other server stuff to boot o_0 When you can beat it, complain.
lol

- Mark

tony m

Jul 27, 2002, 9:46am
Not all C/C++ programmers have a nice drop-a-component-here-and-make-a-gui-in-5-seconds-flat IDE like Delphi and VB..

[View Quote] >I don't know how long Active Worlds has been out, but sometimes I wonder how
>much time they spend working on Active Worlds a day... the developers...
>maybe like 10 minutes!

Yeah, I hate that about VC++, takes more code to create the form than it
does to do the functions

agent1

Jul 27, 2002, 12:04pm
One: VC++ isn't a language - it's called C++.
Two: Roland programmed AW using just C. The new programmers may be changing it over to C++, but I haven't heard that from them.

I was told by someone that AW was made in VC++ during a conversation
regarding it being near impossable to run a VC++ app on Linux

- Mark

grimble

Jul 27, 2002, 10:39pm
Its probably a hybrid like most legacy apps are ... C code compiled in a C++
compiler. I don't believe MS support VC anymore, only VC++ so there's no
choice on which compiler is used in that respect if MS is the chosen
development platform. The code itself is more than likely still in C though,
and not using the C++ extentions. Although C++ is a derivative of C, they're
two different languages.

Grims

[View Quote]

tomilius

Jul 28, 2002, 12:17am
Understood, but really, they wouldn't even need to add any more GUI for the
current idea.

The problem isn't the language, as long it isn't the new
microsoft C#rap.

The problem is, that the class libraries that are used in
GUI applications are usually not available on and not
easily portable to other systems.

C++ is not much more than C with a smarter preprocessor,
so if only the language is used the application is as
portable as C is. The first C++ compilers actually have
been preprocessors for C - I think Glockenspiel was one
of those.

[View Quote]

dion

Jul 29, 2002, 1:36pm
It's better that way, allows for a lot more configuration.