bubbles (Wishlist)

bubbles // Wishlist

1  |

the derek

Jul 3, 2002, 4:57am
i cant post to the beta newsgroup, but it sounds like aw might remove the
bubbles all togther. i REALLY dont want them to totally remove the chat
bubbles... unless you are in awgate or awteen/other crowded areas its a
really cool feature.. i hope they only give an option to change opacity/turn
it off :((

the joker ss

Jul 3, 2002, 5:18am
yeh , make it an option , it aint that bad , also , if you turn of the text
above avs , it still shows yours

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d22a03e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i cant post to the beta newsgroup, but it sounds like aw might remove the
> bubbles all togther. i REALLY dont want them to totally remove the chat
> bubbles... unless you are in awgate or awteen/other crowded areas its a
> really cool feature.. i hope they only give an option to change
opacity/turn
> it off :((

slim smokey

Jul 3, 2002, 4:40pm
yes I think the idea is crap, lol...I think that they should make it an
option whether to have it bubble, or not above head at all, or like it
already is
[View Quote]

barbarae

Jul 4, 2002, 11:37pm
Hi all!

The bubbles option reminds me of a 2D chat program I've been involved with
for years -- "The Palace"!! All the chat goes into bubbles and to the
chat log box. What's more, they even have different shapes for different
occasions. The usual bubble as you've seen already is for the usual
chatting. Then for an exclamation or outburst of emotion, the spikey
balloon is used! Then for a "sign", for example--BRB, which stays on the
screen for awhile, the rectangular or square edged bubble is then used.
There is also a "thought bubble" showing the bubble coming from the head.
Oh yes, the color of the bubble is an option left to the speaker. The name
of the speaker would show up lower--near the av as white on black label.

Just thought you may like to know!

Barbara of Amberlin
aka Barbara Eisner
aka Barbarae (AW)
aka Barbara© NC/BC (Palace)

[View Quote]

ryan tidus

Jul 5, 2002, 12:13am
My question is..would the bubbles take up a lot more space making them
undesirable? And would the bubbles be customizable?

=====
Ryan Tidus
Citizen #323279

dion

Jul 5, 2002, 12:50am
yes, in crowded areas, the bubbled could be pretty annoying. I think there
should be an option so that bubbles are only used with the closest 10
avatars or something. That way it wouldn't totally blank out your screen and
give people more reason to get closer to who their talking to (which would
make the 3D appearance look much more realistic).

[View Quote]

barbarae

Jul 5, 2002, 2:41am
Oh yes, one more thing. In Palace, you have the option to set the speed
with which the bubbles appear then disappear -- short, medium, long, etc.

Barbara of Amberlin