I wishhhhhh(list) (Wishlist)

I wishhhhhh(list) // Wishlist

We have bots and such, but we have no way with interfacing with the browser
directly.. Could roland or 1 of da other programers at AWC pleaseee try and
make a feature where you can add direcft addons that we can program (VB /
C++ ?). It will bring about a new era if we can make addons. You could have
things like direct browser linkups and games, special windows etc. Stuff
walking, someone could program something to give you a heads up display and
let you fly about :D

You could even let people develop a speaking program. I know that there is a
tonne of API programming stuff to let you get text and such, but how about a
real plugin adapter, straight into the browser with all the bot functions
like citnum and propdump (in worlds where its allowed by the CT). I cant
think of ANYTHING that would bring about such revolution in AW (short of AWC
advertising, but thats nevva gonna happen)

So, if its possable, can we please have it as soon as you think its
possable? It would be great.. ^_^

- Mark (Strike Rapier)

don't underestimate the possibilities (that aren't really sane to have
around, but what did you expect on a Microsoft platform?) of little tricks
you can do to control AW through other apps... you could for example hijack
the D3D device and render your own scene in AW, hide elements on the
interface, etc, etc. I don't think easy to make plugins are such a good
idea when you look at all the script kiddies we've had to now in AW...

Yes, but It would cause things to be allot slower doing things the way your
thinking about wouldent it? Whereas a straight forward SDK would be able to
accomplish allot.... The script kiddies will have to be kept at bay for the
good of Avatar kind.

I feel we cant develop more without some way to directly interface with the
browser itself. But include ppw acess blocking and such..

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3cd2ee65 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Yes, but It would cause things to be allot slower doing things the way
> your thinking about wouldent it? Whereas a straight forward SDK would
> be able to accomplish allot.... The script kiddies will have to be
> kept at bay for the good of Avatar kind.
>
> I feel we cant develop more without some way to directly interface
> with the browser itself. But include ppw acess blocking and such..

Doesn't have to be slower, but I guess that AW will still render using RW
anyway even though you override it, which would slow things down a bit, but
manipulating stuff using their window handles shouldn't take away any
performance.

What about things like getting avatar enter events things like that?

Sorry if i dont know much about it *crap programmer* :P

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3cd40175 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> What about things like getting avatar enter events things like that?
>
> Sorry if i dont know much about it *crap programmer* :P

Hmmm, was going to explain things more in depth to you by email but the
email you've provided in the message header doesn't work :-((

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3cd40175 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> What about things like getting avatar enter events things like that?
>
> Sorry if i dont know much about it *crap programmer* :P

trying to send this message again...

Well, you'd need a proxy that recognises the AW protocol and reports it to
the app controlling AW, but American law is silly on that point, and it's
considered manipulating AW and is illegal in the US, meaning the FBI can
bust you even if you live outside the US (if you do it on AW, since it's
under American law). I think it's just plain silly, why the heck it should
be illegal to run a proxy on an unpatetended protocol beats me, but it's
best not to challenge destiny ;-))

KAH

anduin

May 7, 2002, 9:29pm
You think the FBI would go to China? I highly doubt it, China aint too
cooperative with American laws. Ok, so I'm in Australia, so what, LOL.

"anduin" <anduin at NOSPAM.anduin-lothario.com> wrote in
news:3cd86377 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> You think the FBI would go to China? I highly doubt it, China aint too
> cooperative with American laws. Ok, so I'm in Australia, so what, LOL.

Probably not just for something like that. And I didn't actually mean to
post this thing, hit the wrong key, I was going to mail it lol, DOH :-))

KAH

pc hamster

May 10, 2002, 6:33am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I dunno 'bout the "Stuff Walking" part Mark. That could look like REALLY
strange and weird... :-) *LOL!*

> You could even let people develop a speaking program. I know that there is
> tonne of API programming stuff to let you get text and such, but how about
> real plugin adapter, straight into the browser with all the bot functions
> like citnum and propdump (in worlds where its allowed by the CT). I cant
> think of ANYTHING that would bring about such revolution in AW (short of
AWC
> advertising, but thats nevva gonna happen)

A better (if not perhaps a more practical) option would be to have the
ability to use a microphone as opposed to a keyboard. This would make
things easier for us SLOW typists.... :-)

That is another wish I'd like to see added sometime (preferrably BEFORE
AWcom goes out of buisiness!) :-)

Just my $.05 worth....Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsrterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

pc hamster

May 10, 2002, 6:38am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Mark - You and I both know they would only be kept at bay just long enough
for one of those "script kiddies" to find a way to crack it. that's just
the way life is on the ol' superhighway my friend....

> I feel we cant develop more without some way to directly interface with
the
> browser itself. But include ppw acess blocking and such..

See above.

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com