weather (Wishlist)

weather // Wishlist

1  |

darren.

Apr 27, 2002, 9:28pm
I would like to see weather in AW. The world owner could schedule it, or
have it randomized. this would make it much more realistic

-Darren. (341198)

sonystyle

Apr 27, 2002, 10:40pm
Hiya :-) times two, ya know, you can do that with a bot, like prestons can
easily be set up to change the world features to however you want in a row,
and then be set at times - also, awteen has something like what you're
talking about, it's called thor, which is also a bot program, and most
people hate it anyway :-)

sonystyle [maki]

[View Quote]

anduin

Apr 28, 2002, 3:32am
Maybe he means rain in a world. We have fog, but not actual rain, snow,
hail, whichever. Good video card would be required for such, unless the rain
is like the skybox which 'follows' you as you move around... But then again,
what good would that do if you enter a building? Still raining indoors....

- Anduin

[View Quote]

sonystyle

Apr 28, 2002, 4:30am
lol :-) well awteen's thor system does have that rainy skybox that makes it
looks like rain over the backdrop, spose someone could make snow etc.

sonystyle [maki]

Apr 28, 2002, 7:55am
you don't really need superb vid cards for that, just use a particle system
(a trick is to have a small one that follows the camera, you won't really
notice any difference), RW has got them (Roland said so himself).

robbie

Apr 28, 2002, 12:18pm
mmmm...particle generator-ness.

It wouldn't be so hard to implement either and would be a huge improvement.
If I was Roland, I'd put that right at the top of my list. It would
certainly be impressive and help draw in those vital new cits.

-Robbie

[View Quote]

anduin

Apr 28, 2002, 9:53pm
It's not Roland's choice though ;)

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> wrote in
news:3ccc8b72 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It's not Roland's choice though ;)

no, it's Ricky's and JPy's, and we know what they usually do... pick the
features their business partners want (hmmm, do they HAVE anyone right now?
maybe they won't pick any features lol)

KAH

anduin

Apr 29, 2002, 10:25pm
I'd sure hope they do, we're going to be paying 6.95 a month very shortly
and I'll be waiting for the new and improved AW 3.3 and it BETTER BE GOOD!

[View Quote]

sonystyle

Apr 30, 2002, 12:23am
Save 14 dollars a year by paying the simple annual fee of 69.95 :-
Cheapness!

sonystyle [maki]

[View Quote]

anduin

May 1, 2002, 1:04am
Cheap, not when there's other uniservers out there ;)
And not when living in Australia which makes that twice that amount, approx.
No thanks :) Not unless AW 3.3 is that good and for the AW Uniserver ONLY.
Cause if I can get all these features in another uniserver, why pay more
here?

[View Quote]

maki

May 1, 2002, 6:31pm
hmm because the other univerese have about 1-30 people on them, hmm, don't
always have people ready to help, aw always has small updates, fixes, great
interface, wonderful worlds, tons of them, hmm what else.....

--
maki [sonystyle]

"maki" <sonystylex at msn.com> wrote in
news:3cd050ae at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> hmm because the other univerese have about 1-30 people on them, hmm,
> don't always have people ready to help, aw always has small updates,
> fixes, great interface, wonderful worlds, tons of them, hmm what
> else.....
>
> --
> maki [sonystyle]

great interface??? no greater than any of the other universes (DUH! it's
the exact same software). 1-30 people? think again. not helpfull? again,
wrong. great worlds? other universes have that too... tons of worlds isn't
the same as tons of GOOD worlds, many are just 3DHPs and the rest are
private or AlphaWorld clones for many...

KAH

maki

May 2, 2002, 7:39pm
ahh the wisdom of kah :-)

--
maki [sonystyle]

[View Quote]

anduin

May 2, 2002, 9:45pm
But he speaks the truth :)

"maki" <sonystylex at msn.com> wrote in
news:3cd1b201 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ahh the wisdom of kah :-)
>
> --
> maki [sonystyle]

Yep, I didn't quite like the way you butchered all other universes like
that, with bad information :-)) I guess I defend other universes because of
the wonderfull time I had in the VectorScape universe (as long as it
lasted) and because all the silly errors and stupid policies the AWC are
introducing piss me off, so I'd rather defend the alternatives to AW...

KAH

maki

May 4, 2002, 3:39pm
opposite for me :-þ But everyone has their opinions :-)

--
maki [sonystyle]