Tourist enabled worlds (Wishlist)

Tourist enabled worlds // Wishlist

How can a tourist see which worlds will let him in?
The new method isn't as bad as banning tourists
completely, but does not make much sense, if tourists
have to try 1500 worlds (well, this is decreasing)
to find the maybe 5% of tourist enabled ones.

Build 401 should come really quick!

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

yeah, Roland should give us a nice new icon for tourist worlds :-))

lord fett

Feb 10, 2002, 3:26am
maybe a tourist av head? lol

[View Quote]

metawraith

Feb 10, 2002, 9:07am
Well it is actually simple enough to change the colour of the world icons.
The message recieved by the browser, that informs it of world status,
even though it is a full byte, currently is only used for open (Green) or
restricted (Green), we could have grey for tourist enabled ones.

Isn't it amazing what a packet anaylser can tell you :-)

However the sadly lacking forethought and coding skills of AW programmers
are probably not up to the task.

---------

[View Quote] KAH

[View Quote]

metawraith

Feb 10, 2002, 9:18am
oops forgot ? as well
---

[View Quote] Isn't it amazing what a packet anaylser can tell you :-)

However the sadly lacking forethought and coding skills of AW programmers
are probably not up to the task.

---------

[View Quote] KAH

[View Quote]

mauz

Feb 10, 2002, 10:57am
[View Quote] They may not implement that so quickly. Quoting a high-ranking AWC official:
"if we make it too easy for them then there will be no incentive to register". ;)
Well Gatekeepers are compiling a list of their own, and there are teleport sites already.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

rocambole

Feb 10, 2002, 1:40pm
It seems they don't want to make it too easy for world owners to give
tourists access either... Until yesterday there was a link on AWC's site
where world owners could pay the extra fee for tourist access. One could
also pay this fee in the world renewal form. But now both options have
disappeared. At least I didn't manage to find them again yesterday when I
had decided to give my world Mandalay tourist access.
So my guess is that the company soon will reveal another brilliant idea on
how to earn money on the tourists.
Rocambole

"mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> skrev i melding
news:3c666e22 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> They may not implement that so quickly. Quoting a high-ranking AWC
official:
> "if we make it too easy for them then there will be no incentive to
register". ;)
> Well Gatekeepers are compiling a list of their own, and there are teleport
sites already.

> --
> Mauz
> http://mauz.info

mrbruce

Feb 11, 2002, 12:24am
Right Now A!!CT world is open to all tourists and building- although I sadly
say that like before some jealious citizens have nothing better to do but
visit and hack away at some talented tourists builds just to be mean.
Trufully I have personally met more touble makers that have registered cits
then i have tourists. MrBruce A!!CT World Owner
[View Quote]

aine

Feb 11, 2002, 12:31am
Ok, I have a question, which I attempted to ask today at the Gate and =
almost got ejected for (they said I was ensuing a debate, which is =
almost as bad a catch word as terrorism is these days)...

AWSingles is open to tourists. =20
AWSingles is owned by AWC, not privately owned.
Doesn't having AWSingles open to tourists go against the "new policy" =
that the rest of the universe's world owners have to comply with? =
AWSingles was not on the original list in the letter from Rick regarding =
the new pricing and new policies. =20
How do they reconcile that?

Aine

[View Quote]

cozmo

Feb 11, 2002, 12:49am
I get what your saying but isn't it just a chat world. (no offense) Who
really cares...?

[View Quote] AWSingles is open to tourists.
AWSingles is owned by AWC, not privately owned.
Doesn't having AWSingles open to tourists go against the "new policy" that
the rest of the universe's world owners have to comply with? AWSingles was
not on the original list in the letter from Rick regarding the new pricing
and new policies.
How do they reconcile that?

Aine

[View Quote]

wings0nite

Feb 12, 2002, 2:32am
In article <3C64DD78.2C42682E at oct31.de>, vha at oct31.de says...
> How can a tourist see which worlds will let him in?
> The new method isn't as bad as banning tourists
> completely, but does not make much sense, if tourists
> have to try 1500 worlds (well, this is decreasing)
> to find the maybe 5% of tourist enabled ones.
>
> Build 401 should come really quick!

I had to call Activeworlds today over another issue regarding one of my
worlds. While I had Noelle on the phone I politely asked about whether
there would be a way that tourists would know what worlds they can visit.
She said their programmers are currently working on a feature that would
change the color of the dot next to the worlds on the world list that
tourists would know they were allowed on that particular world. Don't
know how long this is in coming though. I told Noelle that until AW got
their act together, I would save my money. I would be willing to pay
$60/year to allow tourists on one of my worlds if I thought it would in
someway save AW from losing potential citizens. Obviously we need to help
them save themselves *sigh* because they are of a mind set that tourists
will be jumping through hoops to put down their hard earned cash based on
their impressions of the Gate!? Pleesszzee

I am also of the opinion (and Lara and I have spoken of this, thus her
other posting) that allowing tourists on AWSchool could only be a move
for the better. I have written ENZO as well (not that I really expected a
reply )

Irene aka Wings0nite

linn

Feb 12, 2002, 2:44am
seems to be a problem at the Gate ...what's wrong with a good debate isn't
that how we learn?
[View Quote] AWSingles is open to tourists.
AWSingles is owned by AWC, not privately owned.
Doesn't having AWSingles open to tourists go against the "new policy" that
the rest of the universe's world owners have to comply with? AWSingles was
not on the original list in the letter from Rick regarding the new pricing
and new policies.
How do they reconcile that?

Aine

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Feb 12, 2002, 12:32pm
Proberly a case of find the tourist worlds and win a prize

[View Quote]

metawraith

Feb 12, 2002, 5:23pm
See my earlier post in this same thread,

-----

[View Quote] I had to call Activeworlds today over another issue regarding one of my
[...]

lol, well nothing wrong with alittle treasure hunt :)