2.2 browser has object leakage. (Wishlist)

2.2 browser has object leakage. // Wishlist

1  |

data21

Dec 6, 2001, 5:31pm
I use the 3.2 browser and dont ask me why but i wanted to see what my world
looked liek for the 2.2 users if any still are around hehe.
Anyway im now wondering if AW should make a newer version of that 2.2
browser, one that caches files the same way the 3.2 dose.
Why you ask?
Because anyone that uses 2.2 can take objects from your world without asking
and use them in there world.
try it, go in your in a world using the 2.2 browser you can site there and
open the cache up to the models directory of your world and copy obejcts as
they load into the cache.
yea they vanish after a wile, but there is still plenty of time to copy any
obejcts that fall into your veiw.

brandon

Dec 6, 2001, 8:05pm
no offense but people that are using 2.2 should have upgraded. If they
havent becuase of 3.2 problems then thats fine but i don't really think AW
is going to update an older version when they are busy with the next
version/

[View Quote]

data21

Dec 7, 2001, 4:08am
It is an older version yes , but it is also the only version for them slower
computers.
They could just fix that and then never work on that version again.
The way that 2.2 is now its a big object path security problem for those who
buy there objects or create there own stuff for there world only.
As a world owner this bothers me.

[View Quote]

metawraith

Dec 7, 2001, 1:36pm
working on a fix to remove that from 2.2 wouldnt stop anybody from grabbing
objects
because those that want to do so most likely already have a goodly number of
builds of 2.2
eg the oft and easily patched, much maligned build 303

besides there are easier ways to bypass security and grab objects - nuff
said

---

the joker ss

Dec 7, 2001, 3:08pm
does 2.2 still work ?

"metawraith" <metawraith at ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c10e1e1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> working on a fix to remove that from 2.2 wouldnt stop anybody from
grabbing
> objects
> because those that want to do so most likely already have a goodly number
of
> builds of 2.2
> eg the oft and easily patched, much maligned build 303
>
> besides there are easier ways to bypass security and grab objects - nuff
> said
>
> ---

[View Quote]

brandon

Dec 7, 2001, 5:27pm
i think they are still alowing it becuase slower computers have to many
problems with 3.2

[View Quote]

data21

Dec 7, 2001, 6:03pm
Yes 2.2 still works I used it yesturday.
man how bad evrything looks through it LOL
some textures that look great in 3.2 look all crudy and missalined in the
2.2

- I cannot use 3.0 / 3.1 on my WinNT4

- Not all universes let me in with 3.2

- 2.2 was the only way for me to visit the avvy worlds, 3.2
kept crashing on an MP3, although I have no sound card
driver installed and sound loading disabled

Now please explain why I should get rid of my 2.2 ???

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /